Soldiers raid unofficial Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan

rooster59

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The pristine has certainly went down hill I agree. I can still find and have fun no matter where I go, but when going to a place over killed like a Samui, Krabi, Phangnan is a bit sad. I for one have never been to a beach party. I am more apt to sit on a beach with one friend in a quiet place rather than with a group. I do like beach bars though! 

Here's a little secret.  The pristine is still there.  So are cheap digs and sleepy fishing villages.  Just not in the places that you can reach without ever getting out of the air conditioning.  Just like you couldn't reach the now famous places when they were in their infancy.

Stick an airport and an expressway in any resort area, and the genre of people it attracts will change.  And with them, the style of digs on offer and the costs involved.

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

You dont really think they brought those 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide and all the other drugs with them on the plane do you....?..........:wub:

No, but I do believe that they know using the drugs is illegal, and have harsh punishment. If not, they just not do their homework before travel.
People offering illegal substances are all over the world. You have a choise if you want to risk using them or not.

By the way, your question in your comment was really stupid. As it was made up by a five year old with lesser knowledge of life.

Calm down "Get Real" no one has been arrested or even detained for drug offences --You may have missed it but the whole thread was about .."Is it appropriate to have a party when the country is official in mourning this month".

No one has really mentioned drugs...... except for --

" Lockém up in jail for a couple of years and deport their..#$@$" ..... ..Oh that would be you...OK carry on......:wub:

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????????

It's NOT an "expat site". It's for anyone whether living in Thailand or not, whether a 3 day tourist or an English teacher looking for a job.

Anyway, the thread is about young tourists coming to party on a beach in a country they know nothing about, not grumpy old expats that think they know it all about LOS.

Not all older expats are grumpy. But a lot of them are. I personally prefer the ones who tell me that their wife is "not such a bar girl, all the others have married."

And when I see their wives, it's a sort of obvious that money can buy you companionship. But not love. The Beatles were damn right. Please excuse my language. 

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Is it?

News to me.

I've always know it as itrous OxideN

Or laughing gas?

Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas or nitrous, is a chemical compound, an oxide of nitrogen with the formula N 2O. At room temperature, it is a colorless non-flammable gas, with a slightly metallic scent and taste

Some are even better without it...

And the ones who did a "science project": 

Edited by jenny2017

The only interesting thing here is it was again the army and not the police closing down an unauthorized event.

Seems that nowadays the BIB are not trusted to carry out policing on their own. Always the military or police supported by military.

21 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Calm down "Get Real" no one has been arrested or even detained for drug offences --You may have missed it but the whole thread was about .."Is it appropriate to have a party when the country is official in mourning this month".

No one has really mentioned drugs...... except for --

" Lockém up in jail for a couple of years and deport their..#$@$" ..... ..Oh that would be you...OK carry on......:wub:

Nope, not missed as you can see in my first comment. But, you on the other hand seems to have missed that one. Really sad!

Didn´t say that somebody have been arrested either. I said that they should be. Both for beeing 100 stupid people choosing to shit on respect partying on the beach when it´s not allowed, and for using illegal drugs.

Edited by Get Real

The very website your all posting on at the top of the page,

The website will be in gray-scale for the month of October out of respect for the king.

At the end of the day if you coming to Thailand show some damn respect.

6 minutes ago, pigeonjake said:

The very website your all posting on at the top of the page,

The website will be in gray-scale for the month of October out of respect for the king.

At the end of the day if you coming to Thailand show some damn respect.

And you even meet teachers who don't want to understand that wearing black at school is  a must. 

Foreigners, who're living in Thailand and those on a holiday should at least show that they understand the Thai people who've lost a very important part of their lives.

The government has suggested all citizens wear polite black or white based clothing, preferably plain with no patterns throughout the month of October until the 27th. If unable to comply, then a black mourning bow pinned to the chest will suffice. Polite clothing is suggested wear until the 29th when official ceremonies end.

Entertainment
Bars and entertainment venues have been asked to use discretion in showing respect to the mourning period. You will still be able to buy a drink and go out for a meal, but loud music will be muted and it is best, especially on the 13th and 26th, to take your cue from the surrounding Thais around you. You will not be expected to dress in mourning, though it would be appreciated if you dress in black or white on the 13th and 26th. Thais have great love and respect for our king, so please keep that in mind as you go about enjoying your holiday in the country he helped build. Have a great time and appreciate that you are here at a historic moment in our history. It could make for a memorable experience.

Between October 21st to 24th, all entertainment activities in the media will cease. There will only be documentaries of the late king broadcasted on television and the radio between October 25th until 29th, with the live broadcast of the King’s funeral on the 26th.

October 30th is the end of the mourning and all programmes will be back as normal.

5 hours ago, than said:

As usual the Westerners are more concerned about their comfort and their drinking than the sadness of the Thai people.

This month is special and is dedicated to meditation

But you can shock them when you "the Farang" stands up at the 6 pm anthem and look at those who didn't, in a way that you'll report them/  

Many then will stand up and join you. But please don't laugh.:post-4641-1156694083:

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

All rubbish. I saw a travel booth in patong today advertising trips to this months full moon party.

Unless thats a scam which wouldn't surprise me. 

Well full moon was two days ago, so yes a scam. 

29 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

But you can shock them when you "the Farang" stands up at the 6 pm anthem and look at those who didn't, in a way that you'll report them/  

Many then will stand up and join you. But please don't laugh.:post-4641-1156694083:

When you want strangers to respect your habits and custom when they come to you, respect theirs when you go to their country.

There is nothing else pitiful about seeing Farang behaving as a colonizer

Maybe you are proud to see these hordes of Farang enjoy the innocence of the Issan girls.

18 hours ago, Dave67 said:

You people don't know anything about Thailand, no matter how long you've lived here you don't get it

Just because people don't hold the same views as yourself doesn't mean they don't 'get it'. They do 'get' what your side of the debate is, they just disagree with it.

There are actually many Thais who don't feel the way you do. They just can't talk about it publicly. You can't get an accurate picture of how many hold one opinion, when to express that you don't it extremely illegal.

Edited by jspill

5 hours ago, than said:

When you want strangers to respect your habits and custom when they come to you, respect theirs when you go to their country.

There is nothing else pitiful about seeing Farang behaving as a colonizer

Maybe you are proud to see these hordes of Farang enjoy the innocence of the Issan girls.

You do realize all the logistics of the FMP are organized by Thais. How are they 'behaving as a colonizer'? 

It's also a complete sausagefest, not many Thai girls at FMP, the few girls are mostly farang, and those tourists hardly ever participate in the sex trade if that's what you're implying. They're a lot more positive for Thailand than the barflys (of which I am one). 

Edited by jspill

3 hours ago, jspill said:

Just because people don't hold the same views as yourself doesn't mean they don't 'get it'. They do 'get' what your side of the debate is, they just disagree with it.

There are actually many Thais who don't feel the way you do. They just can't talk about it publicly. You can't get an accurate picture of how many hold one opinion, when to express that you don't it extremely illegal.

Totally wrong why do think nearly every house, shop, factory roadsides, restaurants ect,ect,ect, has images of this man. They are forced to put a picture up in their house, are they? once again someone else who knows nothing about Thai culture.

19 hours ago, pigeonjake said:

It was on the news in the UK that it was a year,

Probably true jake but we all know how hooked on world news the average gap-year, back-packing, right-of-passage millenial is despite having the latest global-roaming, wi-fi friendly smartphone and their over-indulgence in the more facile aspects of social media. That and their short attention span of course.

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Totally wrong why do think nearly every house, shop, factory roadsides, restaurants ect,ect,ect, has images of this man. They are forced to put a picture up in their house, are they? once again someone else who knows nothing about Thai culture.

No, he is not totally wrong.

By the same token, you are far from being totally right.