Help, Contact required. (clock repair)

Wullie Mercer

I have a carriage clock, electro mechanical (battery operated) was a 25th wedding anniversary present 4 years ago, make London Clock. I has stopped working, replacement battery did not help, need to have repaired here in Thailand. Can anyone supply contact details for a professional "clock maker/repairer"

Expect a simple replacement of the movement if a battery operated device but not sure how easy it will be to find actual clock repair (mechanical grandfather type) willing to do.  Such experts do not consider such items to be worth their time in my recent experience and I wound up fixing myself for a family member - suspect one of the watch repair shops would likely be most professional but the almost out of business TV/electronics repair shops might be an option.  Movements can be obtained from Ebay/Aliexpress at very reasonable costs if you want to give it a try.  Really not much to it other than getting hands right size and that fit spindle of movement (if using old ones).  

On 10/9/2017 at 8:06 AM, lopburi3 said:

Expect a simple replacement of the movement if a battery operated device but not sure how easy it will be to find actual clock repair (mechanical grandfather type) willing to do.  Such experts do not consider such items to be worth their time in my recent experience and I wound up fixing myself for a family member - suspect one of the watch repair shops would likely be most professional but the almost out of business TV/electronics repair shops might be an option.  Movements can be obtained from Ebay/Aliexpress at very reasonable costs if you want to give it a try.  Really not much to it other than getting hands right size and that fit spindle of movement (if using old ones).  

Maybe I miss lead you, it is a clockwork mechanism driven by electrical unit

Just now, Wullie Mercer said:

It is a clockwork mechanism (cog wheels) driven by an electrical unit rather than a wind up mechanism.

I understood that, the reason I asked for a photo was to see if it's a regular quartz movement (which should be readily available) or something more exotic.

I've edited the thread title to be more descriptive of the service required.

End of Soi Bouakao, North Side, just before you reach Central/Klang Rd. on the right side. I use the second last shop with the repairman sitting behind his counter at the back-wall. Been around for ages and getting old like myself...He fixed and waterproofed any watches and clocks I brought him reliably. Probably best to park just around the corner on Klang. Cant stop right in front of shop, where often Bahtbusses wait for passengers.  Good luck.  MS>

Edited by moonseeker