Not working for me in IE11

Daffy D

Last few days have been having problems with this site being slow and now not working at all.

I put it down to problems with the site as others have been experiencing that would get fixed but it's really been going on too long now.

Have tried all the usual stuff delete cookies even did a IE 11 reset but still same problem.

59db0abd5651d_TV-50.jpg.a5fe7b4fc7db706aab3ea399faf7029f.jpg

As you can see just opening the site my CPU shoots up to almost 50% and almost 50% of memory. This is before I even try to log on, then get error notice about long running script.  :shock1:

This does NOT happen with any other sites, all of which work quite normally.

:sad: 

Edited by Daffy D

I just opened Thaivisa on Windows 10 with Ie11 and this is the result in Memory usage.

1 Tab open Only !

test.jpg.81ca43bf3b1f92c974e6f243df3eca71.jpg

Question though

Where does this come from (see Red Circle)?? Try disabling some add-ons via Tools - Manage Addons.

test.jpg.a1a603ea9df27996dc3dffdd8dc8f58c.jpg

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I an using chrome with several tabs open and the CPU usage is peaking at is 5.8%.

Perhaps time to change browsers.

Lets not start the "My Browser is Better Than yours" rubbish, It does not address the problem and is pointless. I am using Chrome to log on now but, unlike some  if there is a problem I would like to know what it is and fix it.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Question though

Where does this come from (see Red Circle)?? Try disabling some add-ons via Tools - Manage Addons.

test.jpg.a1a603ea9df27996dc3dffdd8dc8f58c.jpg

ALL add-ons ARE disabled.

The circled items are in the Favorites bar. You can show your favorites bar by right clicking at the top of the browser and selecting it from the drop down menu.

My setup has always been like this and never a problem.

No idea what is going on, but I suspect it is a problem with your setup.

What happens if you don’t start any other (and even close) programs and start IE, any change ?

Maybe superfluous, but did you check your pc for malware?

Edit: One more thing, are your pc drivers up to date ? Especially Video card ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Lets not start the "My Browser is Better Than yours" rubbish, It does not address the problem and is pointless. I am using Chrome to log on now but, unlike some  if there is a problem I would like to know what it is and fix it.

I was stating what Chrome showed. I don't care at all what browser you are using.

I don't know what the problem is. Just opened ThaiVisa on Edge and it is less than 1% with only one tab. Chrome about 1.5 % with 6 tabs open.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just opened IE 11 now and CPU with only ThaiVisa on one tab it fluctuates between 4 and about 12%. 

Apologies if I came across a bit cranky, I'm just get fed up with people jumping in with "Mine is Bigger than yours" without actually adding anything useful to the subject at hand.

I realize this was not your intention:sorry:

Anyway back to the subject. I too use Chrome, but it is not my main browser. This site works fine on Chrome and gives similar CPU readings to you.

I use IE as my main browser have always done so, never had any real problems with this site until recently, about the time they started to mess about with a new lay out and bombarding us with adverts but it seemed to kinda work most of the time so wasn't too bothered. Till a couple of days ago when it began to use all that CPU and lock up.

Just to recap. There are no other tabs open or add-ons activated on IE when trying to use this site.

ALL other sites work just fine with very low CPU usage and some once loaded show zero CPU.

Thinking about it a bit it seemed that the sites with zero CPU usage were private sites with no adverts while the sites showing some (low) CPU usage all had various adverts attached :sad:

Could it be that some of the adverts on this site are slowing down and locking up my screen :shock1:

Perish the thought - but just as an experiment I loaded AdBlock  Plus and would you believe the site is now working as normal - and its prettier without all those intrusive adverts.

Seems like a Win-Win unless someone can come up with an alternative solution.

:smile: