Average water unit usage for 2 people in a condo?

StevieDee

I get a monthly bill for my condo. last month there were two people living here.  bill looks like this:

Water Charges  Sep 2017  (188 - 193)  (=170)  I assume the 170 is Baht

Water Meter Fee Sep 2017  (=50 #C--9217)      I assume the 50 is baht a month for the meter

Deposit Balance   594 baht 

I deposited 1000 baht three months ago (seller had 194 baht left on her deposit, so in three months

I guess I have used about 600 baht. 

Electricity is another matter, I average 1400 baht a month for a small condo  -  My lady likes aircon in bedroom when she is here, I alternate fan/aircon when home.  from reading, I think my useage is on the high side for a 40 sq meter condo.

Picture of my Condo on left panel  :smile::smile::smile:

Edited by TunnelRat69

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

2 people, showers, W/C flushing, washing dishes (but no laundry), and watering a load of potted plants we use 11-15 m3 per month, so perhaps a little higher than others have commented. 

OP - If you see a "usage" of 0.11 in 7 hours with everything off, this would only add around 11 m3 in a month so your usage still seems a little high.

Please feedback your findings once you have a new meter.  TIA.

But that was just 7 hours of night usage - expect daytime usage the same per hour (if leakage) or a lot more (if another user).

7 units per month with two adults and only 1 working. I myself am at home mostly 24/7. The thing with meters is that in they have to be changed every 10 years and recertified for accuracy before being refitted ( In Europe). I would ask for a change of meter especially if it is old. The other thing you can do is have your own meter fitted within your condo and check the official meter against it.

Edited by Sumarianson

50 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But that was just 7 hours of night usage - expect daytime usage the same per hour (if leakage) or a lot more (if another user).

I'd factored that 7 hour leakage rate to 24 hours assuming the same leakage rate.

i.e. 0.11/7*24*30 = 11.3

Why would it "leak" any faster during the day, when its being used for other uses....? Although I agree that if someone else is "stealing" it then it's likely that such "leakage" would  be higher during the day.     

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That is a lot of water for 3 people - do you have a pool or something?

Have a teenager, dishwasher, cloths washer, Jacuzzi, garden on balcony. 15 baht per unit.  It adds up.

I just checked my previous months. Usually half this. I'll ask the condo to check the meter.

Edited by RBOP

I moved into a Condo 3 month ago, first month my water bill was 1,425 so i went to the office and said i think you have given me the wrong bill, this is for the communal  swimming pool, we had a laugh and she sent maintenance round to check. he said there was a leak in the toilet which was bull so the next month i used as little water as possible and my next bill was 1,240, not happy back to the office insisted they change the meter 5 minute job. next months bill 350 baht.so thats your problem pay for a new meter if you have to they don't cost much but the condo office is responsible. and i did get my money back.

10 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I'd factored that 7 hour leakage rate to 24 hours assuming the same leakage rate.

i.e. 0.11/7*24*30 = 11.3

Why would it "leak" any faster during the day, when its being used for other uses....? Although I agree that if someone else is "stealing" it then it's likely that such "leakage" would  be higher during the day.     

That was my meaning - if another user likely the daytime usage would be much higher.

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I expect as someone mentioned it is actually 5.5 units and the decimal is being red and charged as a whole number,

Unfortunately not.

I have access to the meter & the reading they bill me for are correct, no incorrect readings involved.

It looks like a new meter is a must having read many replies

Thanks

My guess is someone doesn't know how to read your meter. You are using 5 units every month; not 50. Who does the bill figuring?(her and me) use 7 units per month on average. 7 different condos in Pattaya; always 6 to 8 units.

Edited by IAMHERE
answere the OP question of water usage.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, RBOP said:

Have a teenager, dishwasher, cloths washer, Jacuzzi, garden on balcony. 15 baht per unit.  It adds up.

I just checked my previous months. Usually half this. I'll ask the condo to check the meter.

Update: had the staff recheck my meter. They read it wrong. We are using ~25cu.m per month.