Meat pies Jomtien.

keithpa

If it's Tinnies Pies your referring to, the they are indeed excellent, especially their Lamb Pie.
At 250bt ( $10 Aud) they do seem a bit exy, but same applies to many offerings of Western delicacies around here. There is very little competition for a decent pie here, plus he is located right in a tourist precinct.

Comparing them to a pack of 4 from the freezer at Coles or Woollies is a bit rough though.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, champers said:

Gusincebu has removed one. How has he done that?

I am a Brit and Tinnies is on my list of places to visit. Is there a big difference between Aussie and UK pies?

Too right cobber. Chalk and cheese. And dont need to book ahead, only see one or two eating there at any one time. Top quality and top price.

Don't remember the Mince and Onion pies at Tinnies being 250 bt?

I've had them a few times and around 160 bt would be closer.

Perhaps the Lamb pies cost more (I don't know).

They do good pies there and great Cornish Pasties which I buy frozen and cook them at home.

They're far better than another well known supplier of Pasties in Jomtien (though more pricey).

Buy my pies from from Caddy Shack, again frozen and 60 bt each.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No expert on Aussie pies but I found them delicious especially the lamb. It's not the price that stops me from being a regular. It's the calories. 

The calories shouldn't be a problem if you run or jog each way to the pie shop (and do 50 push-ups and 100 squat jumps when you get home).

But, no cheating, only one pie per visit.

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The calories shouldn't be a problem if you run or jog each way to the pie shop (and do 50 push-ups and 100 squat jumps when you get home).

Please stop propagating myths about how exercise compensates for poor nutrition choices. 

11 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The gross fatties will say being fat is a disease 55555 

Agree 100% a non issue for those that care, for the others who cares - die young 

3 hours ago, champers said:

I am a Brit and Tinnies is on my list of places to visit. Is there a big difference between Aussie and UK pies?

I've been looking around for Aussie pie recipes. There doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference from British pies - although some do include a dollop of Vegimite (yes, seriously).

Shortcrust pastry base, Flaky pastry top, various stewed meat fillings. Same same.

Australians do rave about their pies, so they must be something special. Maybe an Aussie member here can give me a proper Aussie pie recipe.

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I've been looking around for Aussie pie recipes. There doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference from British pies - although some do include a dollop of Vegimite (yes, seriously).

Shortcrust pastry base, Flaky pastry top, various stewed meat fillings. Same same.

Australians do rave about their pies, so they must be something special. Maybe an Aussie member here can give me a proper Aussie pie recipe.

They look identical and the difference in ingredients, preparation and baking is virtually indiscernible. The key to the Antipodean pies superior taste is down to the fact that when you are eating them 'downundah', you are effectively eating the pie upside down which reveals subtle nuances in flavors and textures that are simply unobtainable north of the equator.

Accordingly, Aussie home made pies that are carefully crafted in Thailand by Aussie artisans using time-served Aussie recipes and only the finest of selected, Australian-sourced ingredients will ultimately taste the same as British pies.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

They look identical and the difference in ingredients, preparation and baking is virtually indiscernible. The key to the Antipodean pies superior taste is down to the fact that when you are eating them 'downundah', you are effectively eating the pie upside down which reveals subtle nuances in flavors and textures that are simply unobtainable north of the equator.

Accordingly, Aussie home made pies that are carefully crafted in Thailand by Aussie artisans using time-served Aussie recipes and only the finest of selected, Australian-sourced ingredients will ultimately taste the same as British pies.

You forgot that they are eaten with 1/4 ltr of tomato sauce. (tomato sauce, not ketchup)

Think the only real difference is,   the Oz style pies have more

gravy in them, more of a runny type of constancy.

Ps They also when in bars,   come with some Bimbo with a pint jug

in her hands dressed in a bikini, wanting me to give her money for the way she is dressed.

What a strange place. :cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin

18 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Wrong location, never seen it busy, they should open in a shopping mall with foot traffic, lack of customers puts me off, i seem to remember the rent on that place was not cheap

I don't like the feel of the place. I think the concept would work better in a small space mostly with takeout trade with limited bar stools for eating in. Pies only. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't like the feel of the place. I think the concept would work better in a small space mostly with takeout trade with limited bar stools for eating in. Pies only. 

Great James Bond film; For Your Pies Only.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Have a good look next time.  What should it feel like? Its a restaurant, large menu. Best ribs Ive had anywhere. Pies only? One product , one type of customer.. Hes there to make money, failure isnt on the menu.

10 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Have a good look next time.  What should it feel like? Its a restaurant, large menu. Best ribs Ive had anywhere. Pies only? One product , one type of customer.. Hes there to make money, failure isnt on the menu.

What are you on about? Feeling is subjective. I've been in there. I've bought some pies to take away. The space doesn't feel inviting to me for a sit down meal. 

I do have an idea in my mind of what a buzzing Ausssie pie joint should feel like. It was in the U.S. It was as described. They were selling pies like hotcakes.

To add, sorry, their pies were better than Tinnies. Not "authentic" but they did a gourmet even healthy fusion spin on Aussie pies and yes it was run by Aussies.

Not knocking Tinnies. I guess they're doing it in a more "traditional" way. 

Next ... 

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are you on about? Feeling is subjective. I've been in there. I've bought some pies to take away. The space doesn't feel inviting to me for a sit down meal. 

I do have an idea in my mind of what a buzzing Ausssie pie joint should feel like. It was in the U.S. It was as described. They were selling pies like hotcakes.

To add, sorry, their pies were better than Tinnies. Not "authentic" but they did a gourmet even healthy fusion spin on Aussie pies and yes it was run by Aussies.

Not knocking Tinnies. I guess they're doing it in a more "traditional" way. 

Next ... 

"I do have an idea in my mind of what a buzzing Ausssie pie joint should feel like. It was in the U.S. It was as described" ???. We dont have "pie joints" . We have bakeries. If a pie is not authentic, how can you compare it to a traditional pie and say it is better? Is a fake Rolex as good as  a authentic one?

4 minutes ago, keithpa said:

"I do have an idea in my mind of what a buzzing Ausssie pie joint should feel like. It was in the U.S. It was as described" ???. We dont have "pie joints" . We have bakeries. If a pie is not authentic, how can you compare it to a traditional pie and say it is better? Is a fake Rolex as good as  a authentic one?

Duh. I said it was in the U.S. We have joints there. Also greasy spoons.

I wouldn't call gourmet interpretations of classic foods fakes. But I see you're very closed minded about all this. That's your right but don't imagine you're going to influence me. 

In any case, I wish all the best to Tinnies.

Edited by Jingthing