Construction of Thai-Chinese high-speed railway to start in November

webfact

Construction of Thai-Chinese high-speed railway to start in November

By Thai PBS

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37PjMbMIQMTZnAWCmcmVAsmY

Construction of the first stage of the Thai-Chinese high-speed railway will definitely begin in November although there is still a problem with an environment impact assessment study, Transport Minister Termpittayapaisith confirmed on Wednesday (Oct 11).

The first stage is a 253-kilometre section between Bangkok and Nakhon Ratchasima. The full project is for the Bangkok – Nakhon Ratchasima – Nong Khai railway line.

Mr Arkhom said the construction work will definitely begin in November. As for the study on the environmental impact assessment, all agencies concerned have conducted the study for six times. There is still a problem over a section running past limestone mining areas in Saraburi.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/construction-thai-chinese-high-speed-railway-start-november/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-12

Mr Arkhom said the construction work will definitely begin in November.

Strange thing to say because the same paragraph reads:

There is still a problem over a section running past limestone mining areas in Saraburi.

The problem will be overcome only if the three mining companies agree to allow the rail line to be built past the areas, he said.

So is there still a problem that needs to overcome OR is it sure the work will begin in November.

Its one or the other.

33 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

So is there still a problem that needs to overcome OR is it sure the work will begin in November.

Its one or the other.

Maybe only a problem if Prayut doesn't invoke Article 44 to "expedite" the project.

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

That will be the " 3.5-kilometre section" referred to in the main article then??

It a test track. I am interested to see how long it takes to build. They will probably build it like shit in 3 weeks to prove they can finish the project in 2020

So the Chinese engineers have passed muster?

there must be some heavyweights connected to the limestone mining companies 

for talks to be continuing, delays are common with the junta, when the home work is not done properly, then begins the spot fire reactions,

get the route done and signed , would be one of the first SANE tasks,  on anybodies punch list 

24 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

completion of the line to korat, in a few decades

under thailand 6.0, still has a few hurdles.

So still well ahead of the UKs great leap forward with their 101 mile fast train from London to Birmingham ChouDoufu ?

Here is a nice BBC clip of the UK announcing an immediate start...dated 2010, there has of course been many other "Immediate Starts" over the years, some even earlier than that, but this was the one with the nothing will stop us statement by Philip Hammond.

If I tried to place a bet that Thailand/China  will have this over 3,000 Klm rail through 3 countries in place and operating before the UK gets its 101 mile high speed wonder going....I really dont think Paddy Power would even take my bet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-12035524

Edited by oxo1947

2 hours ago, Dario said:

3025 ... maybe.

Probably a closer estimate

They cannot build a 3.5km Test Track, with signaling, power, and comms so just track .Signaling, power and comms require far more time and experts than track, crossovers (Turnouts not level crossings))  require their own experts, but plain track is not difficult to build once you get going, So the estimate how long it will take to build 253km track, Starting blind under a 44 by people who nothing about Railways (Monkees with Machineguns) I may be offered a position on this project, but I'll be staying well clear. Predicting the biggest most expensive disaster since the Stephens Rocket Project

Stepnesons rocket.jpg

China HAS already more than 22.000kms (!) of a high speed network in use which is more than the rest of the world combined and another 10.000kms by 2020.

In December 2014 there was "just" over 12.000kms high speed rail network.

The first section of 253km high speed in Thailand is just a small piece of cake in comparison.

The new route from Beijing to Shanghai over a 1.250kms (!) route is now running and takes under 4:30hrs....go figure; impossible to take a plane to beat that with all waiting and traffic hours.

The yearly passenger number is mind boggling and way over 1 billion passengers per year, traveling per high speed train in mainland China.

Not everything about China is negative Gents 

Now, anybody wants a cookie with his coffee :smile: ?

7 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Probably a closer estimate

They cannot build a 3.5km Test Track, with signaling, power, and comms so just track .Signaling, power and comms require far more time and experts than track, crossovers (Turnouts not level crossings))  require their own experts, but plain track is not difficult to build once you get going, So the estimate how long it will take to build 253km track, Starting blind under a 44 by people who nothing about Railways (Monkees with Machineguns) I may be offered a position on this project, but I'll be staying well clear. Predicting the biggest most expensive disaster since the Stephens Rocket Project

Stepnesons rocket.jpg

I am curious as to why you say that " the "Stephens  (sic) Rocket Project" was an expensive  disaster.

George Stephenson, (The Father of Railways) and his son Robert, designed the Rocket which won the Rainhill trials in 1829. 

His "standard gauge" track is used worldwide today.

15 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

China HAS already more than 22.000kms (!) of a high speed network in use which is more than the rest of the world combined and another 10.000kms by 2020.

The first section of 253km high speed in Thailand is just a small piece of cake in comparison.

The new route from Beijing to Shanghai over a 1.250kms (!) route is now running and takes under 4:30hrs....go figure; impossible to take a plane to beat that with all waiting and traffic hours.

The yearly passenger number is mind boggling and way over 1 billion passengers per year, traveling per high speed train in mainland China.

Now, anybody wants a cookie with his coffee  ?

I'll have a Fortune cookie and a cup of Oolong 谢谢:coffee1:

13 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Its one or the other.

There is still a problem over a section running past limestone mining areas in Saraburi."

The "limestone mines" are owned by Siam Cement .( The company's major shareholder is the Crown Property Bureau, which owns 30 percent of Siam Cement's shares.). So yes, there are some heavyweights connected to the Saraburi operations of SCG.

The present railway of SRT runs right around the northern perimeter of one of the plants.

Anyone driving to Korat on the Mitrapharp highway goes right by these huge plants.

I doubt they will shut shop and move for the boys to run their HST.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I am curious as to why you say that " the "Stephens  (sic) Rocket Project" was an expensive  disaster.

George Stephenson, (The Father of Railways) and his son Robert, designed the Rocket which won the Rainhill trials in 1829. 

Since as in after the Stephens rocket project. ie a Long time

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Have a read of profile I'm quite aware of what standard, gauge is 1435  the gap between rails is the called the 4 foot the gap between two tracks is called the 6 foot, gap between 2 running lines on both sides is called The 10 foot. The whole system is called The Permanent Way hence trackmen are called P-Way or Plate-layers as track was laid in 60ft plates. Anything else?

2 hours ago, LaoPo said:

Its built like shit though I know from my own experience of working on 2 High speed PDLs WGPDL and XWPDL 99 year lifetime, I doubt it last for my lifetime and am now 50

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, Dave67 said:

2025 minimum

I think you've got a typo there. Surely you mean 3035?

It's been going to start "next month" for about year now - I'm sure you'll put me right with a more accurate date, Dave67.

(edit) Sorry, my mistake about posting in the thread.

I saw an article in the BP today (16 Nov) saying it was definitely going ahead "next month"

Did a search for the article here, but posted in an old thread.

Edited by bluesofa

Just now, bluesofa said:

I think you've got a typo there. Surely you mean 3035?

It's been going to start "next month" for about year now - I'm sure you'll put me right with a more accurate date, Dave67.

Depending on good weather ie Bangkok is not underwater October 3033

On 10/12/2017 at 10:17 PM, ratcatcher said:

Its a standing requirement on Thaigeezer that ANY success be bashed! :stoner:

7 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Its a standing requirement on Thaigeezer that ANY success be bashed! :stoner:

That's because Thaigeezers ARE negative themselves, poor guys :laugh:

22 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Does Thaivisa have a patent for their Farang negative comments? :laugh:

Not quite sure if you're referring to the date for the symbolic first part of this project to start?

If you are, then the government are shooting themselves in the foot by constantly telling us it will all start "next month". They must assume we have very short memories regarding what they told us a few months previously. Hence all the taking the pi55 out of them.

Unless it was something else you were referring to?

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Not quite sure if you're referring to the date for the symbolic first part of this project to start?

If you are, then the government are shooting themselves in the foot by constantly telling us it will all start "next month". They must assume we have very short memories regarding what they told us a few months previously. Hence all the taking the pi55 out of them.

Unless it was something else you were referring to?

I was talking about negative comments on TV in general; since I became a member in 2004 (but watching TV before that), negative comments on TV are quite common.

No idea why that is but it must have something to do with the TiT feeling about inconsistent governments and their promises, coups and changing elected or non-elected governments and Obersturmbannführers :laugh: 

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I saw an article in the BP today (16 Nov) saying it was definitely going ahead "next month"

Allegedly delayed due to approval of EIA studies.

However, Prayut invoked Article 44 on June 16, 2017 to expedite the project that would have in part waived laws, regulations and procedures such as EIA studies. So there should be no delay problems with the project.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318291

Unless the NCPO withdrew its Order (never has), the cause for delay may be more fundamental (lack of timely designs from the Chinese) that would be too embarrassing to publicize.