Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes my points of view are harsh because I hate people like this. (irrelevant of age). People who use cars as weapons and carry machetes with them are not normal people. They are the type who get into trouble like this with their sense of entitlement to self defense with weapons. 

If you start attacking people then you should not be surprised if they attack you back irrelevant of your age. You seem to think he has some mental problem, if that is the case he should be behind locked doors (mental care), these people are a danger to themselves and others. 

I don't believe their right should outweigh other rights to safety. Maybe if you encounter an idiot like that you will change your mind too. Dangerous violent people should be either locked up or cared for if they have mental problems behind locked doors. Not carrying weapons in a car and driving a car. 

So the Thai man using his car as a weapon to run the man down then using his fist and punching and knocking him to the ground are actions of a normal man.

you say the man if has issues mentally or age related sould be locked up and cared fo.

The young mans responses are not a response of someone of sound mind either maybe he needs to be cared for or locked away.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please look at the 3rd video posted on Facebook , where you clearly see the Thai in front of the car being hit. Thanks to his quick reaction he somehow managed to land on his feet, 

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It is up to the court to decide if the attempted murder charge is appropriate, but I do hope that Sumeth is also going to be charged. The punch he threw was pretty dirty and I do not feel it fair that he can just walk away from that without some repercussions.

as they say 2 wrongs dont make a right

This foolish old Farang will be lucky if he gets off without paying a hefty fine

and some jail time if he indeed gets charged with attempted myurder. Maybe his

foolish pride will cost hime a great sum of baht.

Som Nom Nah if that is the case.

Geezer

3 hours ago, balo said:

Please look at the 3rd video posted on Facebook , where you clearly see the Thai in front of the car being hit. Thanks to his quick reaction he somehow managed to land on his feet, 

I don't have face book but even with the grainy version one can see what is happening.but that won't stop the TVF Detectives.  Even had one suggest that the guy deliberately jumped on to the pickup, then threw himself into the windscreen.  I wonder if his second job is that of a Hollywood stuntman.:wai:   

There was no intentional striking of the Thai  by the Brit while attempting to move away from the scene. At the most it was accidental as the clip shows the Brit applying brakes.  Either the Thai jumped onto to Brit's car on purpose or to get out of the way.  An intentional hit on the Thai would show bruised shins or lower leg and the Thai would not be in shape to do anything such as kicking at the Brit's car.

Both of these parties are at fault-  to what  degree- I would guess has to be determined by law enforcement or the court. No attempted murder for either of them but certainly assault. Heavy fines...

The nationalities of the participants do not matter and the speculation on whether the Brit has dementia because of his age shows the continual bias of some posters. 

9 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Well, hard to say if the Thai guy was totally right except for throwing a punch. No prior video of the cat and mouse antagonizing each other, who started it and how it engulfed each other with anger. I do know if you flip a Thai off he goes ape. And then heated agression. The Thai guy's car was in front of the old crazed Brit, so it was a pass and stop to get the Brit act of aggresion? Perhaps but we may never know anything up to the fact of where we see the video. 

They are both seriously wrong, but fhe old crazed Brit is going to probably be incarcerated, deported and blacklisted. The Thai guy is no saint, I would think he provoked the situation by poking the fire. The Thai guy will get off unscathed and this incident as popular in the news as it is doesn't help the overall thinking of Thais towards Farang now. There seems to be a growing animosity I have seen and heard from many of Thai friends. 

From the beginning I've indicated this but some posters and they have a right but seem as if the video is the final product. I also noted, in general my personal opinion as to what happen regardless as to the confrontation. I tell my son, you have a body like a man but it takes more than being physical to be a man your father as old as he is to you am still learning.  I talk in general like everyone I didn't wait up one day thinking negative about Thais, I fully understand this happen all over the world, we are different in color but inside we are all the same. Here since we are speaking about a incident in Thailand and living here just like this old guy close to 15 years, living amount Thais, know in general Thai men seem to be a ticking time bomb.

It would be interesting how this case turns out but my personal opinion it isn't going to happen as you noted.

I think whatever animosity there is with Thais, is that with Techno today they are seeing the reality and don't like it, it doesn't mean we Expats or Farangs are innocent.

Edited by thailand49

The Aussie is in shit. He is a very agressive man. Waving the machete, and after run down the thai man, is a clear situation of intention to kill. I am surprised, after this actions, the thai man, was satisfied only give him a punch of left hook. Aussie is deserving a 5-6 years prison sentence, to give him time, rethinking his behaviour.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

From the beginning I've indicated this but some posters and they have a right but seem as if the video is the final product. I also noted, in general my personal opinion as to what happen regardless as to the confrontation. I tell my son, you have a body like a man but it takes more than being physical to be a man your father as old as he is to you am still learning.  I talk in general like everyone I didn't wait up one day thinking negative about Thais, I fully understand this happen all over the world, we are different in color but inside we are all the same. Here since we are speaking about a incident in Thailand and living here just like this old guy close to 15 years, living amount Thais, know in general Thai men seem to be a ticking time bomb.

It would be interesting how this case turns out but my personal opinion it isn't going to happen as you noted.

I think whatever animosity there is with Thais, is that with Techno today they are seeing the reality and don't like it, it doesn't mean we Expats or Farangs are innocent.

Technology yes certainly puts everything in everyone's eyes with YouTube and videos, and perhaps an overcrowding and saturation now is the straw that is breaking the back. I've' been here a long time now, let's just say approx. 18 yrs just in Chiang Mai not including other Thai cities here, and the foreigners have definitely lost their fascination and appeal. It is not the Dr. Livingstone days anymore, and even I am amazed that every far reaching corner here has a foreigner now, places I thought would never happen to have anyone but Thai, but now do. And to add insult, not just one Farang or new Expat but many. I used to feel alone and special in areas here, but not now, those days are gone. 

I never said the Farang or Expats are innocent, not even in the slightest. I've even been guilty at some times in the past, maybe will be in a heated moment again, but media has caught up and one has to remember this as to not be unflatteringly cast in the spot light. I would not get a machete though!

In this case the old Brit let his temper get the best of him. He will surely be punished in the end by the Thai as we are always in the wrong, but actually he is really in the wrong too! Can he go back to Australia now, no, and they should not let him back no. Can he go back and live in the UK, he probably will have to unless he chooses Cambodia or VN. Too bad for the little girl. 

10 hours ago, tropo said:

He wasn't "hit". He was nudged and he exaggerated it by leaping onto the hood. You must have been watching a different video because in the video I was watching he braked to a complete standstill immediately after nudging him. It looks like he may have intentionally broken the windshield for dramatic effect. Maybe his second job is a movie stuntman.

"run someone over" you keep repeating in another dramatic embellishment. LOL, no one was run over.

Have you seen the new video filmed from in front?  He accelerates at him as the Thai man tries to get out the way and then he makes off!  In my country he would be getting a few years for that!

10 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I found the new video which shows that the old nutter definitely drove the car at him according to my eyes. It was too low speed and the guy was already rather too close to be considered attempted murder, and the result is what you would expect,ie, minor injuries, though he could have landed less fortunately I suppose.  Some form of malicious wounding I guess.

It may give some mitigation to the assault that followed, but not much because it too was a vicious and premeditated assault that might have caused more profound damage.

It just looks like a pair of nutters determined to find trouble, and who are a danger to themselves as well as others. Both really deserve equal condemnation.

What speed do you think the prosecution will consider running someone over to be attempted murder?  

I do actually somewhat agree, they are both in very bad mindsets from the beginning, the Thai man should really not have been playing cat and mouse with his child in the car in the first place, they were both in the wrong, but one did take it substantially further and that is why he is facing more serious charges, I don't think the police had any option but to charge him with attempted murder, the speed is neither here nor there as he could have been dragged under the wheel and he did make off, not as some have claimed perhaps not seen him and then stopped.

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

There was no intentional striking of the Thai  by the Brit while attempting to move away from the scene. At the most it was accidental as the clip shows the Brit applying brakes.  Either the Thai jumped onto to Brit's car on purpose or to get out of the way.  An intentional hit on the Thai would show bruised shins or lower leg and the Thai would not be in shape to do anything such as kicking at the Brit's car.

Both of these parties are at fault-  to what  degree- I would guess has to be determined by law enforcement or the court. No attempted murder for either of them but certainly assault. Heavy fines...

The nationalities of the participants do not matter and the speculation on whether the Brit has dementia because of his age shows the continual bias of some posters. 

And you bias towards the Thai is non-existent? Why are you playing the blame game that you are accusing others of doing?  Everything you have stated is also pure speculation, other than the bit where you acknowledge that it takes two to tango. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

39 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What speed do you think the prosecution will consider running someone over to be attempted murder?  

I do actually somewhat agree, they are both in very bad mindsets from the beginning, the Thai man should really not have been playing cat and mouse with his child in the car in the first place, they were both in the wrong, but one did take it substantially further and that is why he is facing more serious charges, I don't think the police had any option but to charge him with attempted murder, the speed is neither here nor there as he could have been dragged under the wheel and he did make off, not as some have claimed perhaps not seen him and then stopped.

Speed is not immaterial.  I don't see that argument at all.  In actuality, what happened is what you'd expect to happen.  As for going under the wheels, well if we are going to start wildy hypothesising, then we might also imagine that the old nut could have cracked his head on a kerb stone and died.  Sticking to the facts and what happened is best, surely.  I really don't think attempted murder will stick. It would also be difficult to prove intent since he already had the opportunity with the machete but concentrated his efforts on the car.  I suspect the police played hard ball as he has not admitted to the crimes he very obviously committed.

Honestly, I would save your sympathies for where they belong.  The Thai was likely knowingly engaged in a road rage incident, and repeatedly showed a willingness to get in to trouble.  Even after the punch, he came back for more.  I don't think he was acting out of anything other than an intention to finish the job that he was planning on doing ever since he engaged with the old nutter's car.  That was not an amateur punch.  I would strongly suspect it has been thrown before, and I don't think those rings are purely for decorative purposes either. 

Edited by mommysboy

Of course it is all speculation- no one on this thread can state with 100% certainty what happened.  For the record, I have no animosity towards either side.  My irritation mainly is about people on this board who respond on a personal level and make generalized statements denigrating different nationalities and the elderly.  It really is no wonder Thais look at Westerners with a jaundiced attitude. The constant acting out by foreigners in this country is astounding to me- a complete lack of respect for anything and everyone.

3 hours ago, hdkane said:

Everything about this story portrays the worst of thailand...an old guy who thinks he is still a badass...a thai coward (are there no thai men who are not cowards?)...cowardly thai police...and of course the racism that is inherent in thailand towards whites (did the thai coward have to post 200,000?).

i wish that each story like this one was spread over the internet...people need to know what thailand is REALLY like...

Go jump in the ring with some Thai cowards if you're feeling brave enough, what a ridiculous comment you made.  And I doubt his bail was 200,000 for common assault as it will not lead to a sentence, it is the attempted murder charge that could lead to a prison sentence so it isn't that charge that needed bail, quite simple stuff and nothing racist about that.  And I really wish stories like this did not make the news as I don't want Thais to know what falangs are REALLY like, not good for any of us.

44 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Speed is not immaterial.  I don't see that argument at all.  In actuality, what happened is what you'd expect to happen.  As for going under the wheels, well if we are going to start wildy hypothesising, then we might also imagine that the old nut could have cracked his head on a kerb stone and died.  Sticking to the facts and what happened is best, surely.  I really don't think attempted murder will stick. It would also be difficult to prove intent since he already had the opportunity with the machete but concentrated his efforts on the car.  I suspect the police played hard ball as he has not admitted to the crimes he very obviously committed.

Honestly, I would save your sympathies for where they belong.  The Thai was likely knowingly engaged in a road rage incident, and repeatedly showed a willingness to get in to trouble.  Even after the punch, he came back for more.  I don't think he was acting out of anything other than an intention to finish the job that he was planning on doing ever since he engaged with the old nutter's car.  That was not an amateur punch.  I would strongly suspect it has been thrown before, and I don't think those rings are purely for decorative purposes either. 

No, attempted murder charges are not base on what happened, but what could have happened, obviously!

But sure, both were engaged in the road rage incident, and both have been charged for their actions, just one was so much more serious than the other.  

Edited by Ron19
A paragraph containing a flame has been removed

15 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Go jump in the ring with some Thai cowards if you're feeling brave enough, what a ridiculous comment you made.  And I doubt his bail was 200,000 for common assault as it will not lead to a sentence, it is the attempted murder charge that could lead to a prison sentence so it isn't that charge that needed bail, quite simple stuff and nothing racist about that.  And I really wish stories like this did not make the news as I don't want Thais to know what falangs are REALLY like, not good for any of us.

Yes his a coward and please spare me the Thai superman Mauy Thai stories. There slower than Texas. Bottom line is as the OP states a coward and a corrupt law enforcement agency

28 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

A man takes it away from the rest of the backers. Face your fears head on. No need to bring your taxi friends and police protectors. The low maggot even came back when the old man was down and the young kid will be scared for sometime.  His not only a coward but a piece of garbage that belongs in the dumpster. As for the police laughable rubbish. None of these people are men.

Edited by Media1

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Yes his a coward and please spare me the Thai superman Mauy Thai stories. There slower than Texas. Bottom line is as the OP states a coward and a corrupt law enforcement agency

Utter nonsense, there is video evidence of him attacking a car with a young child inside with a machete and hen running a man over, it is not corrupt to charge that man with attempted murder and take bail money instead of keeping him on remand.  The Thai sucker punched him, he was the first to be arrested and plead guilty to the charge of assault, he will not be getting a custodial and so no bail money, not even a hint of corruption there.

And if you want to talk about cowards then try the man arming himself with a machete and running people over, that is not how brave men fight where I come from, but then you wouldnt know about that as you think he should have reveresed over him, you two are alike in that respect.

"I still intend to stay here for the rest of my life."

His wish may l be granted, if he dies in a Thai prison, which sadly seems quite likely.  Failing that he will probably be deported back the UK, when he has done his stretch, and spend the rest of his life eking out his state pension in Walsall.   

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

A man takes it away from the rest of the backers. Face your fears head on. No need to bring your taxi friends and police protectors. The low maggot even cane back when the old man was down and the young kids will be scared for sometime.  His not only a coward but a piece of garbage that belongs in the dumpster. As for the police laughable rubbish. None of these people are men.

But a need to bring a machete? 

And if you really concerned for the kids then you would also be concerned for the poor kid in the car while the crazed Brit was chopping at it with a machete and seeing their father ran over in front of them, just a little more scary than wittinessing a punch.  You're making no sense and only revealing your racism by applying completely different rules for the Brit to the Thai.  

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Utter nonsense, there is video evidence of him attacking a car with a young child inside with a machete and hen running a man over, it is not corrupt to charge that man with attempted murder and take bail money instead of keeping him on remand.  The Thai sucker punched him, he was the first to be arrested and plead guilty to the charge of assault, he will not be getting a custodial and so no bail money, not even a hint of corruption there.

And if you want to talk about cowards then try the man arming himself with a machete and running people over, that is not how brave men fight where I come from, but then you wouldnt know about that as you think he should have reveresed over him, you two are alike in that respect.

Thai brain operates on a it can't loose system. Police love me and hate farang. I have been back and forwards here for 20 years. Trained here and know many police.  There all the same the Thai will never be fully charged for any assault.  The old man was trying to shake the Thai off. Who was pursuing him. His 72 wake up.

You can't teach me about these Thais. That kid never had a fight and wanted to be tuff in front of his uneducated wife. Very simple racist country. 5th world policing that actually most belong in jails themselves.

Edited by Media1

4 hours ago, hdkane said:

Everything about this story portrays the worst of thailand...an old guy who thinks he is still a badass...a thai coward (are there no thai men who are not cowards?)...cowardly thai police...and of course the racism that is inherent in thailand towards whites (did the thai coward have to post 200,000?).

i wish that each story like this one was spread over the internet...people need to know what thailand is REALLY like...

thai coward (are there no thai men who are not cowards?).

Enough of the Thai bashing community here ! Are you saying that my extended Thai family and friends are all cowards?