Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Perhaps you are not a Thai basher, sometimes it is difficult to remember who has said what, we have one here who most definately is, I could have mistaken some of his comments for your own, if that is the case then my apologies for that, but you are now trying to say I have said things that I have not, so if you want standard debating methods then at least try to follow your own rules and not make things up.

I just looked at the new video repeatedly.  It is at very low speed.  He actually slides in to the windscreen with a whack to his left shoulder, and then simply rolls off the bonnet to the side. He does appear to jump but I don't think this actually happened. He doesnt go upwards after the initial lift on to the bonnet, and falls from a height of about 3 feet.  Funny, in the first video I thought there was a roll but this latest one  shows he merely slid off in a sitting position. The car is able to stop instantly, no skid.  There is no excuse for the old nut imo, as there was an exchange of words just a couple of seconds prior, so he must have known the Thai was standing there.

This can not be construed as attempted murder; the very suggestion is ludicrous.  They are both guilty to the same level of severity imo.  Many of us said this right from the start.  I'm not sure whether Kieran thinks this?

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Who said I did not consider the punch to be attempted murder?

Anyway, as I posted a few posts ago, there doesn't appear to be a crime of attempted murder in Thailands legal code anyway.

That figures.  It's either murder, or not.  It kind of fits in with Thai thinking imo.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh and you wanna lay off the roids son.

Never used any steroids through out sports and tested always. I simply don't like trash. 

Opportunity seeking <deleted> that hide behind the corrupt laws and those enforcing them. Those police should be fired immediately. A global embarrassment.

Just now, Media1 said:

Never used any steroids through out sports and tested always. I simply don't like trash. 

Opportunity seeking <deleted> that hide behind the corrupt laws and those enforcing them. Those police should be fired immediately. A global embarrassment.

I tend to agree in many ways. The problem is so big it's not solvable. It will never be solved but this is not about that.

22 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Perhaps you are not a Thai basher, sometimes it is difficult to remember who has said what, we have one here who most definately is, I could have mistaken some of his comments for your own, if that is the case then my apologies for that, but you are now trying to say I have said things that I have not, so if you want standard debating methods then at least try to follow your own rules and not make things up.

Kieran we need to get you a job at government house. To ensure no farang enter the kingdom 

Splitting up the incident 'step by step'.....

1) Unproven claims of 'tit for tat', the possibility of a wave or the finger from the British Pensioner. 

2) Thai Guy Stops the car down the road - Instigating escalation

3) British Guy also stops - escalation. With a machete he walks up to and damages the Thai Guys car before returning to his car

4) Thai Guy exits his car and appears to attempt to stop the British guy from fleeing

5) The British Guy doesn't stop and drives at the Thai guy who reacts quickly, preventing impact to his legs and takes the impact on the bonnet of the car and windscreen, he bounces off the car to the side and lands on his feet. 

6) The British guy continues on (timeline uncertain) and drives to his daughters school to pick her up

7) At the School there is a confrontation between the Thai Guy and the British Guy, this is seemingly mediated by the Police Man. 

8) The Thai Guy sucker punches the British guy, knocking him out. 

9) As the British guy regains consciousness the Thai guy is heard threatening "I'll kill you!"

IMO: A number of these events were potentially physically life changing and even life threatening. 

3) British Guy Attacks the Thai's car with a Machete (fortunately the Thai stayed in his car)

5) British Guy drives at the Thai Guy and impacts him (fortunately he is athletic enough to take the hit and lands well, he could equally have been flipped and landed on his back, neck or head)

8) Thai Guy sucker punches the British Guy who is knocked clean out (fortunately his body instead of his head hit the curb)

The latest debate on this thread seems to consider 'attempted murder'.... IMO - these events could easily have been life threatening. The debate appears to regard semantics of intent etc...  I don't think either guy was attempting to Kill the other, but in their fury I doubt they were being controlled enough 'not to kill' when exacting their violent response. 

Both are guilty of losing control and using violence which could have been life threatening.

The British Guy used a Machete and his car as a Weapon. The Thai Guy used his fist. 

Both are guilty of Assault, but ultimately I feel regardless of the brutality of the 'punch', the Thai guy had a fight, the British guy Attacked with a Weapon.

Perhaps the British Guy's injuries and age may play a mitigating factor, but I feel that while both parties should be punished, the actions of the British guy are more punishable.

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Splitting up the incident 'step by step'.....

1) Unproven claims of 'tit for tat', the possibility of a wave or the finger from the British Pensioner. 

2) Thai Guy Stops the car down the road - Instigating escalation

3) British Guy also stops - escalation. With a machete he walks up to and damages the Thai Guys car before returning to his car

4) Thai Guy exits his car and appears to attempt to stop the British guy from fleeing

5) The British Guy doesn't stop and drives at the Thai guy who reacts quickly, preventing impact to his legs and takes the impact on the bonnet of the car and windscreen, he bounces off the car to the side and lands on his feet. 

6) The British guy continues on (timeline uncertain) and drives to his daughters school to pick her up

7) At the School there is a confrontation between the Thai Guy and the British Guy, this is seemingly mediated by the Police Man. 

8) The Thai Guy sucker punches the British guy, knocking him out. 

9) As the British guy regains consciousness the Thai guy is heard threatening "I'll kill you!"

IMO: A number of these events were potentially physically life changing and even life threatening. 

3) British Guy Attacks the Thai's car with a Machete (fortunately the Thai stayed in his car)

5) British Guy drives at the Thai Guy and impacts him (fortunately he is athletic enough to take the hit and lands well, he could equally have been flipped and landed on his back, neck or head)

8) Thai Guy sucker punches the British Guy who is knocked clean out (fortunately his body instead of his head hit the curb)

The latest debate on this thread seems to consider 'attempted murder'.... IMO - these events could easily have been life threatening. The debate appears to regard semantics of intent etc...  I don't think either guy was attempting to Kill the other, but in their fury I doubt they were being controlled enough 'not to kill' when exacting their violent response. 

Both are guilty of losing control and using violence which could have been life threatening.

The British Guy used a Machete and his car as a Weapon. The Thai Guy used his fist. 

Both are guilty of Assault, but ultimately I feel regardless of the brutality of the 'punch', the Thai guy had a fight, the British guy Attacked with a Weapon.

Perhaps the British Guy's injuries and age may play a mitigating factor, but I feel that while both parties should be punished, the actions of the British guy are more punishable.

It's more about whether a car travelling at 10-15 mph can kill.  I just googled to see if there are any reports but could only see vague references to survival rates at varying speeds mostly 20 mph upwards.  I don't think so, and anyway we saw it with our own eyes- it would take a freak event.

There are reports of people being killed by one punch. These are still relatively rare instances, yet they do appear in a google search.

I think your assertion that both are guilty of serious assault is about right.  The old nutter could be charged with a few serious offences I imagine, whereas the Thai is guilty of one serious offence.

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I have a friend who has one in the car all the time.

He calls it his negotiator.

Hope he knows how to use it because if it's taken off him he has to be prepared for a name change,   I'd say maybe retaliator.:wai:

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

It's more about whether a car travelling at 10-15 mph can kill.  I just googled to see if there are any reports but could only see vague references to survival rates at varying speeds mostly 20 mph upwards.  I don't think so, and anyway we saw it with our own eyes- it would take a freak event.

There are reports of people being killed by one punch. These are still relatively rare instances, yet they do appear in a google search.

I think your assertion that both are guilty of serious assault is about right.  The old nutter could be charged with a few serious offences I imagine, whereas the Thai is guilty of one serious offence.

Its not usually the single punch that kills, its the unconscious head impacting the ground. People have died from fainting when there head hit a gutter, step etc. The Thai guy impacted with the car with enough force to break the windscreen, if that was his head then it would have been different, same as if the farangs head had impacted the ground or a gutter.

From a stationary standing position it would be very hard to launch yourself at a car with enough force to break a windscreen, so that fource had to come from the inertia of the car.

30 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not usually the single punch that kills, its the unconscious head impacting the ground. People have died from fainting when there head hit a gutter, step etc. The Thai guy impacted with the car with enough force to break the windscreen, if that was his head then it would have been different, same as if the farangs head had impacted the ground or a gutter.

From a stationary standing position it would be very hard to launch yourself at a car with enough force to break a windscreen, so that fource had to come from the inertia of the car.

having seen the film many times,i would say the car was traveling at speed,when you witness someone being hit by a car at slow speed the victim is likely to go under the car,fast forward and the victim would be launched into the air.

I don't think the brit will be able to avoid being sent packing after a spell in the monkey house.

the thai guy has got in first with an apology and admitted he was wrong,but there has been nothing from the brit.

he needs to go and kiss the thais feet and tell him he is so sorry and give him a fat brown envelope and a make up kit for his wife [FROM BOOTS] then and only then on the way back to the uk.he can swear all he wants.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

To be fair the the glass windscreen had no chance.  The guy was like a decent size so it must have been like an elephant slapping the windscreen but it does look like this silly old fool intentionally caused the mayhem.  

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

I'm not computer savvy, but I wish someone could put that front view video in slow motion. 

It's would be clear the Thai looked behind him then backflipped. 

Thai are good at back flipping. Theread the number 1 give ups in the world. 

10 hours ago, mommysboy said:

That figures.  It's either murder, or not.  It kind of fits in with Thai thinking imo.

Yes, it does, and if take a look through their legal code this could not be considered a serious crime, unless I missing something, he would have to have seriously injured him to be looking at jail time.

There is an updated video (running in another ThaiVisa thread) which shows how the issue started and developed. 

In queueing traffic at a right hand turn of a Main Road into a Smaller Soi the Thai Guy appears to 'go round the outside' and then try to cut in... driving like a selfish a-hole, which is not uncommon here.

The British Guy refused to yield, the Thai Guy clearly took objection and started driving like a total moron, attempting to overtake the British Guy and cut back in front of him on a small Soi with pedestrians and oncoming motorcycle traffic. 

The Thai Guy slowed and 'goaded' The British guy who had little choice but to attempt to pass, however, Thai Guy was swerving clearly intent on blocking the British Guy from passing. Eventually the Thai Guy stopped his car in the middle of the road. 

There was still room for the British Guy to pass (another 4x4 passed), but the at this stage it was clear the Thai Guy was intent on blocking the British Guy and causing him the maximum inconvenience. 

The British Guy retrieved his Machete and the rest is forum history.... 

The Thai Guy was a total tool for driving so poorly and 'trying to push in' then by driving aggressively and dangerously and placing innocents at risk.

The British Guy was a total tool for attempting to retaliate. 

The Thai Guy was even more a total tool for stopping in the middle of the road and escalating a situation.

The British Guy was ultimately extremely stupid for allowing the situation to escalate.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is an updated video (running in another ThaiVisa thread) which shows how the issue started and developed. 

In queueing traffic at a right hand turn of a Main Road into a Smaller Soi the Thai Guy appears to 'go round the outside' and then try to cut in... driving like a selfish a-hole, which is not uncommon here.

The British Guy refused to yield, the Thai Guy clearly took objection and started driving like a total moron, attempting to overtake the British Guy and cut back in front of him on a small Soi with pedestrians and oncoming motorcycle traffic. 

The Thai Guy slowed and 'goaded' The British guy who had little choice but to attempt to pass, however, Thai Guy was swerving clearly intent on blocking the British Guy from passing. Eventually the Thai Guy stopped his car in the middle of the road. 

There was still room for the British Guy to pass (another 4x4 passed), but the at this stage it was clear the Thai Guy was intent on blocking the British Guy and causing him the maximum inconvenience. 

The British Guy retrieved his Machete and the rest is forum history.... 

The Thai Guy was a total tool for driving so poorly and 'trying to push in' then by driving aggressively and dangerously and placing innocents at risk.

The British Guy was a total tool for attempting to retaliate. 

The Thai Guy was even more a total tool for stopping in the middle of the road and escalating a situation.

The British Guy was ultimately extremely stupid for allowing the situation to escalate.

Allowing it to escalate?  He escalated it, he got a machete and ran him over, that is not allowing it, that is doing it.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Allowing it to escalate?  He escalated it, he got a machete and ran him over, that is not allowing it, that is doing it.

A machete!! Come now Kieran it was just a farm tool for cracking coconuts.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No. Twisting things to suit.  People can die as a direct result of a punch.

As far as I can tell by googling nobody has died from the impact of a car driven at low speed.

9 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Probably a little sarcasm on your behalf but I bet you wouldn't like your coconut cracked by it, I know I wouldn't. 

No! I get your point but if my life and wife and daughter's life was threatened I'll get a hoe out of the back.

This gold-finger Thai was angry about something and it was unfortunate that the farang was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If goldfinger had the altracation with another Thai it might have got bloody nasty.

I  really don't want to comment on what started the ball rolling with the whole saga. There has been suggestions that it was a coming together of two vehicles and the only evidence I've heard about that was from one of the two parties involved who appears to handle the truth very carelessly. 

The thai person involved did not do himself any favours by punching the other party but I can understand why he would feel  like doing what he did.

https://www.facebook.com/100006583920021/videos/2205727692990007/

I have now watched this front on video many times and am convinced that this peanut from the mother country is in deep do do's. I wasn't able to slow it down but was able with a series of stop starts to get a better of an idea of the chain of events after the peanut got back into

his car.

It appears that the thai person appeared to remonstrate with the other party from in the middle of the road then the other party got back into his vehicle and could have started the engine. The thai man at that point turned around and appeared to be either walking quickly or running towards his own car. Difficult to figure how far but my guess is 3 or4 metres then appeared to become  aware of the other car maybe some one warned him. Very wise decision to take the high road rather than the low road otherwise he may not have been here to give his side of the story.

As far as the other peanut goes to make a statement " I've done nothing wrong ", he didn't even stop kept going and left the scene.

Does that sound like he is guilty of nothing at all ?

EDIT - Another video which shows how the whole shebang started has surfaced.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1007012-new-unedited-footage-shows-british-pensioner-taking-machete-swipe-at-thai-man/

WB.JPG

This screen shot shows milliseconds  before he became aware of the car.

Archived