Patong nightclub shooter out on B300k bail, clubs ordered to attend ‘security tutorial’

snoop1130

Patong nightclub shooter out on B300k bail, clubs ordered to attend ‘security tutorial’

The Phuket News

1508150240_1-org.jpg

Manus “Ta” Pongsupakit, 34, has been released on B300,000 bail combined for carrying a firearm in a public place and attempted murder. Image: CCTV, via SouthExpressNews24.com

PHUKET:-- The man arrested for the Hollywood nightclub shooting in Patong last week has been released on B300,000 bail, while nightlife venue operators in Phuket’s premier party town have been called to send their staff to a “security tutorial”.

Manus “Ta” Pongsupakit, 34, surrendered himself to police at Patong Police Station at 4:50pm, little more than 14 hours after fleeing the scene of the shooting last Thursday (Oct 12).

“The suspect in the shooting at Hollywood confessed to carrying a firearm in a public place and attempted murder. He posted B300,000 bail combined for the two charges against him and was released last Friday (Oct 13),” Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigdech told The Phuket News today (Oct 16).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-nightclub-shooter-out-on-b300k-bail-clubs-ordered-to-attend-security-tutorial-64329.php#EyTD0sZ2OVK1omSS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-16

Truly amazing. He is on CCTV, he admits carrying a gun AND attempted murder and gets bail for 300,000 straight away. Suspicion of using a single dodgy credit card costs 1,000,000 for bail as does a single gram of Ya ice. I could understand it if the evidence was flimsy and he was denying it, but he is bang to rights guilty. This countries bail laws have serious issues that need to be addressed.

Perhaps in the logic of this judicial system, since the culprit surrendered and confessed, it perhaps made things easier ? ... and Oh yes!...he was a Thai, not a nasty farang !! :sorry:

As for educating the clubs on weapon bans, why not just put up airport style metal detector gantrys...if maintained, it may slow down things at the entrance, but definately be a good deterrence.

Edited by observer90210

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

while nightlife venue operators in Phuket’s premier party town have been called to send their staff to a “security tutorial”.

Much like on other occassions of nightclub violence... yep, I can see this as making meaningful changes

“Actually, this is part of their job. They must not allow any weapons inside entertainment areas. We just have to repeat it to them even though it is their job,” 

In one ear... out the other.

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Perhaps in the logic of this judicial system, since the culprit surrendered and confessed, it perhaps made things easier ? ... and Oh yes!...he was a Thai, not a nasty farang !! :sorry:

As for educating the clubs on weapon bans, why not just put up airport style metal detector gantrys...if maintained, it may slow down things at the entrance, but definately be a good deterrence.

This club has had metal detectors for years and full pat owns on male guests and bag checks on females, what you seem to overlook is certain 'Guests' are simply waived through (happens everywhere around the world) not saying that happened here but just a thought...? How many plainclothes police carry side arms inside bars and night clubs here in LOS, think they are checked?? Wais given all round and in you come no ploblem!

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

This club has had metal detectors for years and full pat owns on male guests and bag checks on females, what you seem to overlook is certain 'Guests' are simply waived through (happens everywhere around the world) not saying that happened here but just a thought...? How many plainclothes police carry side arms inside bars and night clubs here in LOS, think they are checked?? Wais given all round and in you come no ploblem!

Well in that case I guess the next time one goes to a club,  one would need to wear a fashionable custom made bullet proof vest ! :cheesy:

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Well in that case I guess the next time one goes to a club,  one would need to wear a fashionable custom made bullet proof vest ! :cheesy:

You need permission, similar to purchasing a gun.............lol  

On 16/10/2017 at 11:31 PM, darksidedog said:

Truly amazing. He is on CCTV, he admits carrying a gun AND attempted murder and gets bail for 300,000 straight away. Suspicion of using a single dodgy credit card costs 1,000,000 for bail as does a single gram of Ya ice. I could understand it if the evidence was flimsy and he was denying it, but he is bang to rights guilty. This countries bail laws have serious issues that need to be addressed.

I think it works like this, i.e. you confess, provide the cops with a Wai and say, can I have bail.

Cop: hmmm, how much bail you want ?

Suspect: ahh, how much you think I can get ?

Cop: 300,000 baht, but make sure we never see you again 

Edited by 4MyEgo