Thai Tourist Police arrest Danish man over hotel-reservation scam

webfact

3 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

vacasianhotel.com

What is going on here this domain name has never been registered so therefor it never existed as a website

Any idiot can check, except the BIB by the looks of things

is this a bib scam?

Try it yourself

https://www.whois.com

and

https://www.domainhistory.net

You win the prize !   netcraft.com has nothing also.  The RTP may have gotten the URL wrong, or he might have given them a false one.  Two years of fraud!  Thailand remains a bastion of such behavior. 

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Good job from the Royal Thai Police!! :WPFflags:.....:wai::clap2:

Such scumbag cheats deserve no clemency. :post-4641-1156693976:

Who would appreciate having paid and reserved in advance to have their holiday ruined on arrival ? :angry:

Their sentence should be harsh enough to serve as  deterrrence for those with crooked minds who think Thailand is a safe haven for crime....

Lock up the cheat in Bangkok Hilton and no more Danish Butter Cookies for a while....:hit-the-fan:

Who is stupid enough to book on a unknown website deserves to be cheated.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is it that whenever there is a report naming someone a post appears questioning the name and nationality of the person.... Its a Big Multicultural Cosmopolitan world out there...  its time to get over these daft little issues.... 

Well said @richard_smith237 ! 

In my circle of friends (I'm British) I know hardly anyone whose surname  guarantees their racial background. And if you look at the USA, how may German, Irish, English, Polish, Indian etc etc names are there? But the people concerned may be 2nd or 3rd generation Americans.

Those of us who clearly have travelled to other continents than our own should be especially aware of that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VBF said:

Well said @richard_smith237 ! 

In my circle of friends (I'm British) I know hardly anyone whose surname  guarantees their racial background. And if you look at the USA, how may German, Irish, English, Polish, Indian etc etc names are there? But the people concerned may be 2nd or 3rd generation Americans.

Those of us who clearly have travelled to other continents than our own should be especially aware of that.

Winnetou and Pocahontas are the only real native American names I know. Sitting bull is not I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

They claimed that the website vacasianhotel.com had tricked tourists out of their money when they booked stays at Thai hotels.

Can't resist playing with words here: allowing multiple languages, vacasianhotel  could mean cows in a hotel.  I wonder who their target market was....   :cheesy:

• Haha 2

Schultz and his five Thai fellow conmen; "Police are hunting for the five alleged accomplices."

Well, good luck Mr Schultz, you've been creamed nicely, the culprit is in the slammer and if the hunting is successful it's the B500 slap on the back of the rist of the rest of the flock! 

Question remains what the real name of that website was, as said website was never registered indeed! 

• Like 1

Another scumbag hits the dust. As for the name Schultz  I was thinking about maybe he is related to Hogan's Hero Sgt Schultz. Was that P.O.W. camp situated in Denmark? But those guys were always up to no good like this guy. I suppose when he was talking to the police money would of been mentioned and what size envelope was be accepted for him to just disappear.

24 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Another scumbag hits the dust. As for the name Schultz  I was thinking about maybe he is related to Hogan's Hero Sgt Schultz. Was that P.O.W. camp situated in Denmark? But those guys were always up to no good like this guy. I suppose when he was talking to the police money would of been mentioned and what size envelope was be accepted for him to just disappear.

More likely Dutch Schultz, but without the violence 

• Haha 1