price of gold

whoppe78

A link to the Bangkok Post has been removed as per the following from the Forum Rules:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

I thought it was posted on every gold shop's window

Yeah, asking a gold shop may be the best and you may many different prices and varying degrees of gold purity and content, but to get a good idea of the Thai national rate, simply google "gold prices Thailand" https://www.google.co.th/search?q=gold+prices+Thailand&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=vmbnWYD2IofcvASOyJewCw

Being pedantic, the price of one baht of gold is in most shop windows. However, that does not necessarily mean the shop will sell you one baht of gold. As jewellery, yes. As bullion, no. I've found the smalllest quantity of bullion gold a shop will sell is 10 baht.

4 hours ago, bazza73 said:

I've found the smalllest quantity of bullion gold a shop will sell is 10 baht.

I guess you're going to the wrong shops.  Yesterday I walked into a shop in a mall and bought a 5 baht bar.  They also had 1 baht bars available, but they were rather more expensive.

15 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

A link to the Bangkok Post has been removed as per the following from the Forum Rules:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

24 hr price of gold, ornamental or bar. Remember, Thai gold is 96.5 %  (~23Kt), not Swiss 99.999%, but still accepted world wide. current price ~ 20,300 per baht, ie 15.4 gms.

http://goldpricez.com/th

59 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I guess you're going to the wrong shops.  Yesterday I walked into a shop in a mall and bought a 5 baht bar.  They also had 1 baht bars available, but they were rather more expensive.

Note: 1 baht=15.4 gm. But why are you buying gold? Price's flat. Hard to carry thru customs. Buy unburned pigeon blood rubies from reputable dealer. Better than diamonds. Undetectable, salable anywhere. Shop around Mahesak Rd. Bring an expert!

Edited by jgarbo

16 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Your byline omitted us Quantumists: We are all shit but only from a Newtonian perspective. Pls append.

Edited by jgarbo

21 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

But why are you buying gold?

Not as an investment.  It'll be sold to pay my funeral expenses and to keep my partner going until he has access to my bank accounts and investments.

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Where are you located?

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

Note: 1 baht=15.4 gm. But why are you buying gold? Price's flat. Hard to carry thru customs. Buy unburned pigeon blood rubies from reputable dealer. Better than diamonds. Undetectable, salable anywhere. Shop around Mahesak Rd. Bring an expert!

You must be joking. Rubies are one of the worst investments for scams, you need to be an expert to tell whether they have been heat treated or not. I have a friend who bought two 2 carat rubies in Mae Sai, hoping to make a profit on them. I took them to Australia, several jewellers valued them at AUD 50 each. He had paid USD 450 for them. One of the jewellers explained to me rubies had acquired a bad reputation, and most people in the trade were no longer interested in dealing with them. So definitely not saleable anywhere.

3 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

Every reply is "look in the Gold Shop Window" - Good advice - but is it needed over and over and over an over and over and over and over again?

Sheep do that stuff. Lemmings too.

Caused by people replying to the OP without bothering to read any of the other replies first.

10 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

Every reply is "look in the Gold Shop Window" - Good advice - but is it needed over and over and over an over and over and over and over again?

Sheep do that stuff. Lemmings too.

Well, those "look in the gold shop window" replies had at least advice, which is more than your unnecessary reply! They are just trying to help. 

10 hours ago, jgarbo said:

:cheesy:

On 19/10/2017 at 3:16 AM, bazza73 said:

Being pedantic, the price of one baht of gold is in most shop windows. However, that does not necessarily mean the shop will sell you one baht of gold. As jewellery, yes. As bullion, no. I've found the smalllest quantity of bullion gold a shop will sell is 10 baht.

Where's that I buy 1, 2 and 5 baht ingots all the time in Bangkok and up in Udon. As to the OP go to playstore literally hundreds of apps with Thai gold price updated by the minute.

16 minutes ago, starky said:
On 10/19/2017 at 2:16 AM, bazza73 said:

Where's that I buy 1, 2 and 5 baht ingots all the time in Bangkok and up in Udon. As to the OP go to playstore literally hundreds of apps with Thai gold price updated by the minute.

even ½ Baht pieces are available.

note: Thai 965 purity is not considered bullion!

2 hours ago, starky said:

A couple of gold shops up in Chiang Rai, in Big C. 10 baht minimum.

Why are you buying it all the time? Are you gold-plating your indoor pool?

Sorry, thought Naam had posted the comment. Senior moment.

Edited by bazza73
Apology

11 hours ago, bazza73 said:

A couple of gold shops up in Chiang Rai, in Big C. 10 baht minimum.

Why are you buying it all the time? Are you gold-plating your indoor pool?

Sorry, thought Naam had posted the comment. Senior moment.

Let's say frequently then.