Thai Gov't Dodges Questions About Zuckerberg 'Meeting'

snoop1130

Thai Gov't Dodges Questions About Zuckerberg 'Meeting'

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

prayuth.sad_-696x405.jpg

Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha at a September BRICS Summit in Xiamen, China. Original image: Associated Press

BANGKOK — A day after Facebook denied a Thai government claim its CEO was coming to Bangkok to meet junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, all of officialdom clammed up Thursday rather than explain where the notion came from.

After detailing earlier this week that he would discuss transnational crime with Mark Zuckerberg, Prayuth on Thursday refused to answer reporters’ questions today as to why the much-anticipated meeting was not taking place after all.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/10/19/thai-govt-dodges-questions-zuckerberg-non-meeting/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-19

I guess after meeting Forrest Trump he thinks he's some kind of international big man. What a stupid thing to do. Saying you have a meeting with the CEO of Facebook when these words when never ever uttered. Should be utterly embarrassed. 

7 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Is he going to be prosecuted for spreading false news?

That's it. Many people may have thought him meeting Mark could have ended badly and meant FB being shut down here. That would really wake the people up. This information caused a lot of my local friends 'confusion'. This can only be bad in such a temperamental time. 

Off for a word with khun Prawit, me thinks. 

Edited by rkidlad

I have said before one of the joys of living in Thailand is being able to have a bloody good laugh at total idiocy, stupidity, incompetence and hilarious failures pretty much daily.

This one ranks particularly highly in the loss of face bracket. Prayut knows right now what it feels like to want the ground to just open up and remove you from sight.

In true Facebook style, I "liked" this story!

Edited by darksidedog

PM cancels media session, remains mum on Zuckerberg meeting claim

By THE NATION

05e7d081ce95280af0ba2819d3706779.jpeg

Mark Zuckerberg

IT REMAINS unclear whether Facebook co-founder and major shareholder Mark Zuckerberg will meet with Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha in Thailand later this month.

PM Prayut yesterday remained silent over the report. 

The premier cancelled a planned media session, which was expected to discuss the Zuckerberg meeting, after yesterday morning’s meeting of the provincial administration policy committee at Government House.

Meanwhile, Deputy PM Somkid Jatusripitak, who was the first person to reveal the proposed meeting between Prayut and Zuckerberg, called in sick yesterday and did not attend the meeting at Government House.

Somkid on Tuesday was quoted by Matichon newspaper as saying that Zuckerberg will meet Prayut on October 30.

He said the visit would underline Facebook’s business interest in the Kingdom’s huge data centre and in online connectivity. 

His disclosure was followed by Prayut’s comment on Tuesday that he expected to meet Zuckerberg for discussions on a range of topics, including transnational crime.

One day after Thai media ran the news, Facebook issued a statement saying, “There are no plans currently for any of our senior leaders to visit Thailand”.

The Nation contacted Facebook’s public relations staff in Thailand yesterday and they repeated the same statement. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30329693

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-20

politicians the world over always dodge questions they dont want to answer so i completely go along with him. he's trying to give thailand a new start with the adoption of his roadmap, nitpicking journalists are not a great concern. i remember the outcry against the paparazzi after diana's death, its all about the story you can get !  having said that i cant believe reporters did not know about weinstein..... well that was a bit of a rant

Little p FB message

Please Mark I need you to come and meet me as I need the publicity.

M;s reply

Sorry  can't make it as too busy closing down Facebook pages of a certain so called PM and his flunky junkies who lie like there is no tomorrow as we do not like Fake news on Facebook.

looks like the government has spread wrong information via public media and websites, and has therefore broken it's own computer crime laws. It also confused the Thai people with false statements. If anyone else but the government had been doing this, they would be in jail already.

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I guess after meeting Forrest Trump he thinks he's some kind of international big man. What a stupid thing to do. Saying you have a meeting with the CEO of Facebook when these words when never ever uttered. Should be utterly embarrassed. 

super egos never are embarassed