Police lawbreakers! "They are the law..... but they do as they please"

webfact

Police lawbreakers! "They are the law..... but they do as they please"

77.jpg

Picture TNews

A picture of a police pick-up breaking the law about loads on the back was shared right across social media.

What appeared to be poles for erecting tents were placed dangerously extending well over the sides and back of the vehicle going down the highway.

The poster asked: "Will there be charges for this?"

While Tnews - citing the law and 1,000 baht fine for such an infraction - reproduced the picture with the words in Thai in red:

"They are the law.....but they do as they please".

The issue of improperly secured and dangerous loads especially on pick-ups has been big news recently after an old man on a motorbike was killed in Pathum Thani by a PVC pipe and another vehicle was filmed dangerously going down a road at speed.

Now the police are doing it and the online Thai public want action. The license plate was clearly visible on this occasion in the online post.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-20

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now the police are doing it and the online Thai public want action

They have about as much chance of action as......................................An election in 2018, or Mark Zuckerberg coming to meet Mr P. !

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Well, even if the police had integrity and honour, they’d actually have to know and understand the laws they’re supposed to uphold before we could really start with reform. 

They are clueless. 

i believe they have a clue; they use the law when they want to,

to their own personal advantage; there is no 'public duty';

they are thai after all, their own perceived needs are paramount;

if they feel they have to break the law, they do

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, even if the police had integrity and honour, they’d actually have to know and understand the laws they’re supposed to uphold before we could really start with reform. 

They are clueless. 

There were probably no questions about road safety in their files when they cheated  the entry examination.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I be very happy if all that the police break the law has to to do with over

size loads....that'll be the least of our worries....

My sentiment exactly you took the words out of my mouth ............... :passifier:

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

There were probably no questions about road safety in their files when they cheated  the entry examination.

Do they have entry examinations? :whistling:

I thought they just pay an entry fee, like it is an 'investment' for future income? :ohmy:

12 minutes ago, Rangerdriver said:

Carrying a few poles on the back of a pickup awkwardly is hardly organised crime.

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But it can and has resulted in the Death of an innocent party... as was recently the case when someone transported poorly secured PVC piping knocking a man off his motorcycle and killing him.

Its not organized crime, but it is Organized Stupidity & Carelessness. These guys are well aware they are in flagrant disregard of the Law and of any level of Safety for other road users. They simply don't care because 'We are Police'...  and they can get away with almost anything.

It is the double standards which upsets the public. Those enforcing the law 'should' be following it, not using their positions as an excuse to continue disregarding it.