Can I Get A 6 Month Visa In Malaysia?

Hey!!

Can anybody give any information about obtaining a 6 month visa in Malaysia. I've been in Thailand for about a year and I'm worried about what will happen in July.

I already know some people who have been refused re-entry in Mae sai.

Somebody told me I should go to Malaysia to get a 6 month visa. Is that still possible and if so, what's the best way to get there? How much does it cost etc??

I would be great ful if anyone can enlighten me on this one.

Thanks.

I already know some people who have been refused re-entry in Mae sai.
Really? Where are they now? :o

Believe this is the first report we have seen of this so details would be most welcome.

Somebody told me I should go to Malaysia to get a 6 month visa.

Visas allow stay of 60 days for tourist or 90 days for non-immigrant so your friends must have been thinking of a two or three entry visa. How you travel would depend on your finances and location. If they will issue more than a single entry is also a question mark as you seems to have been doing visa runs for a year now. If you can provide proof of foreign income that you are bringing into Thailand it may help.

A guy in the chat room was bitching about being refused entry at Don Muang after returning from Singapore. Maybe he looked absolutely hippy, or was too argumentative, I don't know. But he said he came here on holiday, left for Singapore by plane. When he came back he was refused entry. He said he just wanted to see his girlfriend for a single day on a stop-over before going back to Europe.

ASIC

A guy in the chat room was bitching about being refused entry at Don Muang after returning from Singapore. Maybe he looked absolutely hippy, or was too argumentative

Or both. Or perhaps a history? But that is a long way from being refused entry between countries such as at Mai Sai. Normal procedure would be to tell you if you leave you can not return; but usually you seem to be told this will be your last crossing so you never get to the refusal situation if you have a clue.

A guy in the chat room was bitching about being refused entry at Don Muang after returning from Singapore. Maybe he looked absolutely hippy, or was too argumentative

Or both. Or perhaps a history? But that is a long way from being refused entry between countries such as at Mai Sai. Normal procedure would be to tell you if you leave you can not return; but usually you seem to be told this will be your last crossing so you never get to the refusal situation if you have a clue.

I'd say that it was probably the guy telling the officer just who was in charge. Not a wise move.

We (my German Wife and Me) applyed our Double-Entry Visas 2 times in Penang.Was allways no Problem at all.We needed to wait 2 Days until we recived it and extended always after 60 Days a month more in an Immigration Office.

Was 5 Years ago 500 Baht ech.How much is it now???

In my Opinion it depents a lot to Persons.To be dressed well and behave onself polite and friendly ease the Concerns in official affairs probably a lot.

Regards :o

Paraglider

Edited by Paraglider