New Credit Card size ID Cards

I've been making my own for years.  I have the passport scan stored, when I get the new extension, I scan it in, copy it to word, and size it.  I print the passport and extension and glue them back to back and get it laminated for 10 baht.  I've been here 20 years and have never had to show my passport, or a copy, other than when checking into a hotel or making a bank withdrawal. I've used it at a hotel with no problem, but BBL says "too small".  It would be a plus if immigration actually started doing that across the board but will the powers that be accept it..

• Like 1

What a nice surprise, anyone else thinking this was another thread about the Pink ID Card?

Please report back stupidfarang  How much did the agent charge you?

Lucky to get a single A4 photocopy at my local immigration office :annoyed:  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

That's a real surprise!  Is there any indication on the card that it was done by Immigration?

FYI, I've been carrying the same card for several years, but did it at a local copy shop for baht 50.

Mac

Me too, and I use it regularly, even my two banks accept it.. And don't get your current visa on the back as that has a time limit.

However if Immigration give to you that way then fine.

stupidfarang

•  
  • stupidfarang
  • Advanced Members
  • 215 posts

I just finished renewing my Retirement Extension to stay, (BKK Immigration) and I was very surprised to be issued a credit card size laminated card with a copy of my passport identification page on one side and on the other side is a copy of the extension with the expiry date. Has anyone else received this type of card? I think it is great as I now carry it in my wallet, saves carrying photocopy pages of passport and extension details. Looks like someone came up with a great idea in Immigration. 

• Yes I renewed my retirement 2 weeks ago and received one also, quite handy in the wallet.
  •  Like 5
Falcon, Baerboxer, Inepto Cracy and 2 others reacted to this

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

can we see a scan of it?

No, sorry but it has all my passport details and I am not about to go public on the internet with date of birth, what country, what city, passport number if I did I may as well add my bank account details and pin number 

Then answer -did Immigration do it for you or an agent. You can hide the personal details on the scan.... Somehow I do not think you will..

Edited by pontious
You have just viewed my profile - just answer it is easy..

18 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

No, sorry but it has all my passport details and I am not about to go public on the internet with date of birth, what country, what city, passport number if I did I may as well add my bank account details and pin number 

Scan and use Paint to blur the personal info. Dont know if it can be unblurred by curious types

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit