China tells Sweden it has freed Swedish bookseller abducted in Thailand - Swedish government

snoop1130

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

China is segueing from a small cadre of fixed-minded old men controlling the rubber stamp Politburo, to one fixed-minded old man doing the same.  Shades of Chairman Mao.  Either way, the mantra is; control, control, punish, control.

All dictatorships are the same, including the ruling lamas of the old Tibet and all the  Emperors of China.  This man name Xi has just promoted himself to become the Emperor of China.   A one party dictatorship has just became a one man dictatorship. 

23 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Best troll post I've read in months.  Too funny.

This would be educational for you to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

China is ahead of Brazil and Colombia.  But not by much. LOL

Compare the GDP from 1980 to present, I think China has the fastest growth in modern world history. 

It is almost like going from the stone age to the iron age in just 35 years. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

Compare the GDP from 1980 to present, I think China has the fastest growth in modern world history. 

It is almost like going from the stone age to the iron age in just 35 years. 

Massively impressive!  Incredible.  But to say a rickshaw driver has a BMW.  Well...too funny. LOL.  I've taken rickshaws many times in China.  They are the poorest of the poor.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

China is segueing from a small cadre of fixed-minded old men controlling the rubber stamp Politburo, to one fixed-minded old man doing the same.  Shades of Chairman Mao.  Either way, the mantra is; control, control, punish, control.

The PRC leaders aren't older than the USA's. And while being a vastly more open society, political elites exist in the USA as well. I daresay many on the current leadership support things which would have been unacceptable under Mao.

But do go on about "fix-minded", "mantras" etc.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

They were using propaganda before the US was even a country! 

No doubt that the first speaking rulers on earth used propaganda even before the Chinese empire.

I was responding to and commenting on the origin of "spin." Not "propaganda."

In essence "propaganda" is the creation of a false scenario. In a broad interpretation all spin is propaganda but not all propaganda is spin.  I find that propaganda relies more on the avoidance of truth to create an alternate narration. "Spin" uses truth in a distorted or misleading manner to create an alternate scenario. Without truth there is no spin. Trump  - solved that problem by simply lying which is another form of propaganda.