Nowhere to hide - Thailand chief prosecutor warns fugitives: "We're coming for you!"

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of anyone that has been extradited from a foreign country to Thailand, to face criminal charges...(in say the past decade) correct me if I'm wrong.

The international reputation of the Thai justice system, draconian LM and computer crimes laws, political disappearances and etc., would not give many countries a level of confidence that the rule of law would be followed,  should a wanted person be sent back.

Military rule would almost certainly rule out extradition.

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

1) Issue meaningless, bombastic threats

2) Issue more meaningless bombastic threats

3) See above

4) See above

5) Get transferred to an inactive post while being investigated.

Fixed it for you...

I miss the obvious point in the list?????

1) Issue meaningless, bombastic threats

2) Issue more meaningless bombastic threats

3) Wait for a Google translation into English.

4) Wait more for a Google translation into English.

5) Wait more, more, more, more for a Google translation into English.

Forget it...............

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Nowhere to hide - Thailand chief prosecutor warns fugitives: "We're coming for you!"

A more believable headline could read:

"Everywhere to hide"- Thailand chief prosecutor warns fugitives: "We're not coming for you!"

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He also spoke of the importance of ensuring justice for all and upholding the state's authority.

I love when a news story makes me smile.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

I can't think of anyone that has been extradited from a foreign country to Thailand, to face criminal charges...(in say the past decade) correct me if I'm wrong.

The international reputation of the Thai justice system, draconian LM and computer crimes laws, political disappearances and etc., would not give many countries a level of confidence that the rule of law would be followed,  should a wanted person be sent back.

Lee Aldhouse was extradited from the UK on murder charges. It does happen.

However it won't in Thaksin's case not least because he will have an awful lot of dirt on an awful lot of 'Good People'. Why would he not dish it if he felt he had nothing left to lose?

There have been several cases.Extradition to Thailand is not a problem where:

1.There is an extradition agreement in place.
2.The crime involved is serious.
3.The offence is also an offence in extraditing country
4.The death penalty is not involved

Unless there are political considerations in any case, the form of government is irrelevant.Though the independence of the Thai courts is debatable this would not be relevant in purely criminal cases.If it could be demonstrated that the request to extradite was driven by political considerations - even with a prima facie criminal case - it would make little progress.In weighing up the request in these political cases much would depend on the legitimacy of the government and the genuine independence of the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m still waiting for the day they issue a warrant for thaksins arrest for his war on drugs, extra judicial campaign of murder. 

But then you would have to start investigating / prosecuting those who actually pulled the trigger. I doubt there would be any will to do that.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

But then you would have to start investigating / prosecuting those who actually pulled the trigger. I doubt there would be any will to do that.

I would welcome those investigations/prosecutions as well. 

Edited by Bluespunk

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I would welcome those investigations/prosecutions as well. 

As would many of us. However I reckon it will be a cold day in Hell when outrages such as Tak Bai would be fully and properly investigated. And let us not forget just which prominent figure gave the war on drugs the nod of approval...

Latest news:

Yingluck hospitalized as she couldn't stop laughing.

An hospital admitted former PM Yingluck on Wednesday after family was concerned about her health as she couldn't stop laughing. To be continued....

Edited by PAIBKK

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

There have been several cases.Extradition to Thailand is not a problem where:

1.There is an extradition agreement in place.
2.The crime involved is serious.
3.The offence is also an offence in extraditing country
4.The death penalty is not involved

Unless there are political considerations in any case, the form of government is irrelevant.Though the independence of the Thai courts is debatable this would not be relevant in purely criminal cases.If it could be demonstrated that the request to extradite was driven by political considerations - even with a prima facie criminal case - it would make little progress.In weighing up the request in these political cases much would depend on the legitimacy of the government and the genuine independence of the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Dutch government doesn't even extradite people to Belgium as the conditions of imprisonment in Belgium are below human (Dutch) standards. They even don't get a full-serviced hotelroom with premium channels or cable tv.

She might be better of in Holland, the land of dikes, cheese, tulips and drugs.

Edited by PAIBKK

11 minutes ago, justinnsamui said:

More hot air.......

Lest we forget,  Mr Wuthipong Kochathamakun was abducted by 10 masked men from his home in Laos  on July 29th , where he had fled for sanctuary. His wife and a friend were tasered during the abduction.

Social Media later circulated pictures of his dead body.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/govt-claims-no-knowledge-of-kotee-abduction-63280.php#Yd6KkxVKMHHXOiWL.97

Whether you agree with his politics or not this is murder just the same. A cowardly acted leaving his wife devastated and with no hope of any redress....ever.

Wuthipong ‘Kotee’ Kochathamakun: Reportedly abducted July 29 by 10 men in black. Photo: Bangkok Post file photo

Edited by Denim

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

You will get the one I think and hope, but carry on dreaming on the other two as persecution in a political case is not liked in the Free World.

How's it Go

Immmmmmm Dreaming of?

Shame you never live up to your Avatar name!

It ain't political persecution when you've committed fraud. Then it's just being a common criminal.

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

Lest we forget,  Mr Wuthipong Kochathamakun was abducted by 10 masked men from his home in Laos  on July 29th , where he had fled for sanctuary. His wife and a friend were tasered during the abduction.

Social Media later circulated pictures of his dead body.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/govt-claims-no-knowledge-of-kotee-abduction-63280.php#Yd6KkxVKMHHXOiWL.97

Whether you agree with his politics or not this is murder just the same. A cowardly acted leaving his wife devastated and with no hope of any redress....ever.

Wuthipong ‘Kotee’ Kochathamakun: Reportedly abducted July 29 by 10 men in black. Photo: Bangkok Post file photo

Indeed. But no evidence AFAIK on who actually did this.

And let's not forget the poor widows and families of the Moslem HR lawyer whose been missing for many years and the ecological activist "Billy" who disappeared after discussions with authorities.

Only the latter two weren't engaged in a factional political dispute where enemies could be made from all sides.

41 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

The Dutch government doesn't even extradite people to Belgium as the conditions of imprisonment in Belgium are below human (Dutch) standards. They even don't get a full-serviced hotelroom with premium channels or cable tv.

She might be better of in Holland, the land of dikes, cheese, tulips and drugs.

Dikes or Dykes ? :whistling:

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But no evidence AFAIK on who actually did this.

And let's not forget the poor widows and families of the Moslem HR lawyer whose been missing for many years and the ecological activist "Billy" who disappeared after discussions with authorities.

Only the latter two weren't engaged in a factional political dispute where enemies could be made from all sides.

And there never will be any evidence but given the title of this thread it is pretty obvious who the culprits are, especially if you read the testimony of the witnesses. 

Just now, Denim said:

And there never will be any evidence but given the title of this thread it is pretty obvious who the culprits are, especially if you read the testimony of the witnesses. 

Gordon Bennett. 

No it isn't obvious. It's only obvious to people who want to believe something because it suits their agenda. And as for believing "witnesses" - all highly believable pillars of the community who never lie are they?

Get real. Nothing is as it seems here. And minions, and he was a minion, are disposable as and when it suits. 

6 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I will huff and puff and blow your house down,

this little piggy went to the market,

and now a new fairy tale 

One little piggy is hiding

The other two went to Dubai

The day all three return to Thailand

Is the day that pigs will fly

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Gordon Bennett. 

No it isn't obvious. It's only obvious to people who want to believe something because it suits their agenda. And as for believing "witnesses" - all highly believable pillars of the community who never lie are they?

Get real. Nothing is as it seems here. And minions, and he was a minion, are disposable as and when it suits. 

What a truly dreadful riposte.  

As for agendas....if that's how you feel why did you bring up ' Billy ' if you don't have your own agenda although I agree, another terrible abduction .