Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

webfact

How to explain the tantrum like reactions of some brexiteers?

Is it that they realise that they made a stupid decision, with desastrous financial consequenses for their already meager pensions?

Have they internalised the Thai concept of Face?

Have they become bitter after a lost life as a UK loso, after being dumped by their farang ex wife that took their house with her?

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, dundee48 said:

So he`s Irish,explains a lot.

I will make allowances in future.

Exactly what I was thinking. My very good Irish friend is distraught about Brexit, and I understand it wasn't the result they wanted, primarily because of the border issues.

But actually part of his anger is because the Irish had EU referendums overruled, overturned or ignored. He admits there is a little bit of envy that the UK people managed to successfully vote out.

On 31/10/2017 at 7:12 AM, Grouse said:

A) I voted remain. Flew back to do so

B) I'm half Scottish 

?

The name and picture sort of give your allegiance or nationalitie away,It may have gone over the head of the brexiters who seem obsessed with people's nationalitie,sums the racists up really.

Exactly what I was thinking. My very good Irish friend is distraught about Brexit, and I understand it wasn't the result they wanted, primarily because of the border issues.
But actually part of his anger is because the Irish had EU referendums overruled, overturned or ignored. He admits there is a little bit of envy that the UK people managed to successfully vote out.
There's no anger in Ireland over this, theres a lot of people pissed off about Northern Ireland border though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So he`s Irish,explains a lot. I will make allowances in future.  

Says a lot more about you to be fair  Go hide under your rock.

I'm not even from the EU how stupid and racist do you look now.

54 minutes ago, adammike said:

The name and picture sort of give your allegiance or nationalitie away,It may have gone over the head of the brexiters who seem obsessed with people's nationalitie,sums the racists up really.

I was given a ban from here for calling somebody ignorant, but they allow <deleted> like you to call me a racist, funny how it works.

1 hour ago, adammike said:

Calling all Brexiters racists says a lot about you actually. 

1 hour ago, taipeir said:

Says a lot more about you to be fair  Go hide under your rock.

I'm not even from the EU how stupid and racist do you look now.

Hahaha,the racist card.The last refuge of a lost argument.

Wow,for someone`Not even from the EU` you sure have a lot of anger against Brexiteers and the UK.

Who`s doing the personal attacks now?

BTW,still waiting for those examples of my `personal attack` on you.LOL.

Edited by dundee48

Own your own words. Man up and own them.

You try to weasel around the edges of what's acceptable. You are obsessed about nationality and race otherwise why do keep bringing it up.

Your snide racist remarks about Irish and other nationalities are not appreciated here.

Now back to your little hole with you.

57 minutes ago, taipeir said:

You try to weasel around the edges of what's acceptable. You are obsessed about nationality and race otherwise why do keep bringing it up.

Your snide racist remarks about Irish and other nationalities are not appreciated here.

More personal attacks.Still waiting for the one`s you claim I made on you.

Me a racist,hahaha.I am married to someone of a different race.

I bring up other nationalities when  other nationalities spend their time being derogatory about mine.

Stop being such a snowflake.

Edited by dundee48

2 hours ago, chrissables said:

I was given a ban from here for calling somebody ignorant, but they allow <deleted> like you to call me a racist, funny how it works.

Yes, the whole world is against the UK and against you in particular.

How unfair!

1 minute ago, taipeir said:

'So he`s Irish,explains a lot.

I will make allowances in future'

Your words. Own them.

But you`re not Irish so why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

1 hour ago, taipeir said:

The nationality of posters seems indeed to be an obsession with brexiteers.

In this and other brexit threads I have been "accused" of being American, German, ex Yugoslavian, sour loser British, and argie (that poster pointed out that he was writing argie with a small a).

And of course a snowflake (from Snowflakia?), and a remoaner (from Remonia?).

The average ex bricklayer may of course confuse Snowflakia with Slovakia, and Remonia with Roumania.

16 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Racist little man.

I will make allowances in future'

I know this is not my fight, but when I read that comment about "making allowances", I took that to mean "taking into account" the nationality to better understand where your argument is coming from.

So for me, knowing you're Irish (or not??) means I understand why you'd be more angry about Brexit than an English bloke, for example.

I didn't see it as racism, but maybe I misunderstood.

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I know this is not my fight, but when I read that comment about "making allowances", I took that to mean "taking into account" the nationality to better understand where your argument is coming from.

So for me, knowing you're Irish (or not??) means I understand why you'd be more angry about Brexit than an English bloke, for example.

You got it exactly right mate,but unfortunately some people will look for offence in every little comment despite doing the same themselves.

Like I said,pot kettle.

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What does nationality have to do with an argument about the pros and cons of a political decision?

48% of the British voted against brexit, surely that does not mean that their nationality "has to be taken into account" when trying to understand their opinion?

Oh misinderstood.

I don't know what you were on about exactly, it's best not to make assumptions about people because of nationality or race.

But his intent was clear to make underhand racist remarks against Irish people.

9 minutes ago, dundee48 said:

You got it exactly right mate,but unfortunately some people will look for offence in every little comment despite doing the same themselves.

Like I said,pot kettle.

Exactly correct, some people like to give it but when tables are turned the dummy leaves the cot.

Exactly correct, some people like to give it but when tables are turned the dummy leaves the cot.

Where did I insult any race or nationality here?

Knock that false rubbish equivalence right off.

Even in the hypothetical case that I did resort to some kind of racist remark , does it give you the right to do the same to a whole race?

No, it doesn't.

Racists like Dundee need own their own statements.

I will make allowances in future'.

13 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Oh misinderstood.

I don't know what you were on about exactly, it's best not to make assumptions about people because of nationality or race.

But his intent was clear to make underhand racist remarks against Irish people.

You do know `Irish` is not a race don`t you?

Snowflake.