Vegetarian resturant lets birds eat from the buffet

Allen Ginsing

I really like this place and eat there almost every day. Lately i've noticed that that small birds fly in and eat from the trays and from the rice pot if it is not covered. I mentioned this to the lady and she said,,"soarry, soarry.." and shooed them away. I notice these bird are always out from of the restaurant waiting there. Should i be concerned with H5N1?

just dont eat there, I refuse to eat in a restaurant that allows animals in there especially when the owner has them sitting at the tables and eating off them, seems if you have money you can do as you please. I just walk out, same with birds etc, if they are that bad and dont do anything about it, why even eat there

Edited by seajae

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

just dont eat there, I refuse to eat in a restaurant that allows animals in there especially when the owner has them sitting at the tables and eating off them, seems if you have money you can do as you please. I just walk out, same with birds etc, if they are that bad and dont do anything about it, why even eat there

Well they are Buddhist and very nice people actual, i like the food they are always very kind and give me big portions. I suspect they don't want to offend the birds, LOL. There is only one other veg place in town which is not as good...

Edited by Allen Ginsing

You don't say where you live so recommending another veggie / vegan restaurant is difficult.

If you are not a vegetarian or vegan but just following the veggie celebration I believe it ends on the 28th October.

It's not only "vegetarian" restaurants where you see this ( wild birds at the table ), plenty of small restaurants where meat is trayed up at the front of the place have sparrows helping themselves.

If you have been eating there every day and not suffered any ill-effects, I guess that hygiene arrangements in the kitchen must be OK, and (for example) the staff are washing their hands after using the lavatory.

It's obviously not ideal to see sparrows taking food from the trays - but (IMHO) far less of a risk to your health than a dirty kitchen or dodgy food storage.

Edited by chickenslegs

I have always been disturbed by birds, them thinking they are part of the "Kitchen-Crew". Same goes for Rats. Defecating whenever and wherever thay want.
Not questioning the "Thai-Cuisine" overall, but when ordering a dish "mai phet", why is it still somewhat "phet"?
Pure speculation, I don't think that the birds and rats have anything to do with it, regardless of their "Toilet-Habits".
Bon appetit !
Cheers.:smile:

yuk  !    how do you know the birds haven't done a crap or two in the tray .....

as mentioned before .... I won't eat where dogs or any animal is allowed in ....  and kids in prams are a definite no no.

I pay to eat clean food in a quite relaxed atmosphere .. not a zoo . :shock1:

On 10/26/2017 at 2:52 AM, swissie said:

Not questioning the "Thai-Cuisine" overall, but when ordering a dish "mai phet", why is it still somewhat "phet"?

Reason for this is they dont think the dish is tasty without chilli. When you are able to eat chilli you will understand