First time O-A 90 Days Report - What is needed?

Last time I did a 90 days report was on the back of a retirement extension and after being in Bangkok continuously for five years. However I have just returned from UK with an new O-A Visa and I am not sure if this changes what is needed for my first report.

1. While technically I am actually changing to a new address - I am not changing from a Thailand address to a new address in Thailand - So Do I need to complete a TM 28 (change of address) form?

2. Since I am renting a condominium do I need to take my rental agreement ?

> If so.... Do I also need to take a signed photocopy of the owners ID card and house book?

> If so.... Which house book (Blue / Yellow)?

3. Is there a report form I am supposed to complete and take?

> The only form I can find is the TM30 form, but this seems to be the responsibility of the condo owner - Is there any repercussions if this has not been done (prior to my reporting)?

4. My passport was stamped into Thailand 10th Oct 2018 and by my calculation the report date will be 8th Jan 2018, but as I understand the 90-day reporting can actually be done up to 14 days prior or 7 days after the reporting date - Is this correct? 

5. Do I need photocopies of my passport ID and visa page?

3 minutes ago, pontious said:

I thought you had to leave the country every 90 days?

Not with a non-oa visa that allows unlimited  a one year entries for 1 year from the date of issue. You are confusing it with a non-o visa that only allows a 90 day entry.

1 minute ago, Muggi1968 said:

The Non-O (90 days visa ) can be extended for 1 year if you have work, are married, study etc. without leaving the country..

Did the military not stop for the "Visa runs" so you can not just leave and come back ever 90 days ??

He has a OA visa not a non-o visa.

Visa runs were not stopped. They only tightened up on visa exempt entries and now only 2 per calendar year at land borders can be done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

I only fill out the TM47 formular, show the original passport and TM6 arrival card.... Done or you can try online:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

(If you have a 1 year visa)

Even though he has a history of submitting 90-day reports, it might be better if he reported in person for the first time with his new OA visa.

40 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

I only fill out the TM47 formular, show the original passport and TM6 arrival card.... Done or you can try online:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

(If you have a 1 year visa)

Thanks Muggi1968

Ahhhh Good - It sounds like there are no extra hurdles - just same as I used to do before - Turn up with passport and arrival card and fill out the TM47 form.

Mnnnn the online option sounds like a good idea, but can you do this on your very first report?

10 minutes ago, spambot said:

And I don't need anything from the Condo owner - ID card or the house book?

Did mine couple of weeks back. Just passport, TH47 and departure card. I did take a copy of my rental contract but it wasn't asked for.

Other than the 4 hour wait it was all very easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

As already stated, my advice would be for you to go in person for the first time.

Thanks OJAS

I guess the rationale for your  suggestion is that if there are any problems I can identify them in real time and should focus on getting the right data into the system.

The reporting (online) then is just simply confirmation nothing has changed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, berybert said:

Did mine couple of weeks back. Just passport, TH47 and departure card. I did take a copy of my rental contract but it wasn't asked for.

Other than the 4 hour wait it was all very easy.

Departure card?!?  Earlier in the thread the TM6 was called an arrival card. I only ask because I will be arriving in BKK with a non-imm O-A and will have no flights or journeys booked to leave Thailand so theoretically I won’t have a departure card, will I?

Edited by WhiteHatPhil
Posted too soon

20 minutes ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

Departure card?!?  Earlier in the thread the TM6 was called an arrival card. I only ask because I will be arriving in BKK with a non-imm O-A and will have no flights or journeys booked to leave Thailand so theoretically I won’t have a departure card, will I?

Yes, you will have the departure portion of the TM.6, immigration will keep the arrival portion, you will need the departure part when you eventually leave.

21 minutes ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

There are two parts of the TM6 card one for arrival and the other is for departure. You don't need to complete the flight number space on the departure card until you leave the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

that form has two parts; imm keeps the arrival part, you keep the departure part

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

You wont have an arrivals card because you hand that in as you go through immigration. You will have the departure card as that is the part you are left with.

I do believe they are soon to change the card and 2 become one.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 11:20 AM, spambot said:

Thanks OJAS

I guess the rationale for your  suggestion is that if there are any problems I can identify them in real time and should focus on getting the right data into the system.

The reporting (online) then is just simply confirmation nothing has changed.

I would suggest that you try it online as soon as the window opens. If it works it will save you a trip to immigration and if it doesn't, you have to go anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 11:05 AM, spambot said:

Thanks Muggi1968

Ahhhh Good - It sounds like there are no extra hurdles - just same as I used to do before - Turn up with passport and arrival card and fill out the TM47 form.

Mnnnn the online option sounds like a good idea, but can you do this on your very first report?

Not sure regarding the online reporting, but I did postal reporting from the very first time on the non O/A, no problems.