Kevin Spacey apologizes after actor says he was subjected to sexual advance when only 14

snoop1130

I'm not sure this question has been touched upon. 

What was a 14 year old doing at a Party with drunk adults? something still seems not right...

Where were the parents? who permitted the child to attend the 'adults' party?

Not that any of this is mitigating circumstances for the appalling behavior of someone 'coming on to' a youngster, but it does seem a little strange, some of these stories raise more question of both 'sides'. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure this question has been touched upon. 

What was a 14 year old doing at a Party with drunk adults? something still seems not right...

Where were the parents? who permitted the child to attend the 'adults' party?

Not that any of this is mitigating circumstances for the appalling behavior of someone 'coming on to' a youngster, but it does seem a little strange, some of these stories raise more question of both 'sides'. 

I'm not sure but I think the party was related to a work project they were both involved in. Movies often have underage actors. 

On 11/1/2017 at 4:26 AM, juice777 said:

So who's next? What's the next big scandal a certain movie superstar who happens to be a high ranking member of a certain controversial religion. OR American sports maybe the NFL , why not we had UK football don't see why NFL would be any different. Rock bands from the 60s and 70s and there groupies? the list is going to be endless.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Be afraid,be very afraid!The poor people who feel abused will not stop here.Pretty soon every person who has been abused(or not) in any way

will jump on the bandwagon and there will be no end to this.

Every female who has ever been wishtled at,any person who has ever been touched,looked at the wrong way,there is no end to this.

Is there really anybody in this world who has not been abused or who is not an abuser?

Dig into your own brain,something will come up.

Get over it!!!

Define the word abuse,if it is only used to make some money or to get even with someone you are on the wrong path.

Really bad cases should be prosecuted of course.

29 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

So you think this is just a matter of Spacey (Weinstein, Hoffman, Affleck, Dick, Cosby, etc., etc., etc.) patting somebody's behind at a Christmas party, do you?  You really need to dig just a bit deeper into the reported facts...

You forgot Rolf Harris, who was 'essentially' convicted of patting an underage girls (employed as a waitress) bum at a party.

55 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Imagine years later when/if the 'patter' rises to a position of public importance and the 'patted' decides for whatever reason to claim she/he was molested by the person 20 years before but doesn't mention that at the time both had had a few drinks and didn't really think about it at the time. By the time all the details of party, both drunk, etc etc come to light the damage has been done. 

If it was a weekly happening in the office, forced and unwelcome then that's obviously a whole different ball game.

I would think reporting to the police within a week of the incident or it's history seems exceptionally fair (for any 'sex' crime).

If someone sexually assaulted me, I'd be at the police station within the next 30 minutes.

4 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

How is Trumps sexual assault allegations off topic from this post? It’s sexual assault!

Then don’t mentioned Weinstein, Hoffman, Cosby, Affleck, Allen, Polanski & all the others then.

Keep on topic of Spacey only & stay in the box!

I have to agree that trump's serial sexual assaults are quite related to the Spacey story. Why? Because Spacey is most famous for playing a corrupt president on t.v. His career is over yet an actual corrupt president with a sexual assault history is still allowed to be president.

That's a DOUBLE STANDARD that demands discussion and perhaps correction. 

Edited by Jingthing

17 minutes ago, jvs said:

Define the word abuse,if it is only used to make some money or to get even with someone you are on the wrong path.

Really bad cases should be prosecuted of course.

Maybe you should start by defining 'Really bad cases'?

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Maybe you should start by defining 'Really bad cases'?

Yes i realize this will not be easy,defining words can be a can of worms.

Just an example,if someone just touched your butt some 30 years ago

i do not find this a very serious life altering experience.

With my post i am just trying to say that there is something in all of our lives that probably can be defined as abuse.

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

So you think this is just a matter of Spacey (Weinstein, Hoffman, Affleck, Dick, Cosby, etc., etc., etc.) patting somebody's behind at a Christmas party, do you?  You really need to dig just a bit deeper into the reported facts...

I have no desire to know the facts of his or any other movie stars sex life. As far as I'm concerned it appears that to be successful in the movie industry as a star  being 5 ft 2 inches tall or bent or both is required. Applies to both sexes by the way.

My post was about people outside that industry or as they or me are called 'the ordinary people' who may be accused years later of something that was laughed off by both parties at the time and by the time the real facts come to light it has damaged both parties.

If you feel the need to know all the intimate details of Spacey's action carry on. You have no idea how little I care about movie stars lives/lifes.

Edited by overherebc

46 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I would think reporting to the police within a week of the incident or it's history seems exceptionally fair (for any 'sex' crime).

If someone sexually assaulted me, I'd be at the police station within the next 30 minutes.

You're obviously either a defense shyster or have absolutely no awareness of the shame and humiliation a victim, perhaps most especially a young victim, can experience after sexual abuse and the hesitancy it gives them about coming forward.   Maybe you should read up on the abuses by Catholic priests, the habit the Catholic church had of covering these up, the emotional scars left on the underage victims, and their inability to come forward then & there.  If you can't understand the total insanity and gross unjustness of your suggested "one week" rule, most others certainly can.  Brag all you want about where you'd be, etc., etc., etc.,  but it means nothing, less than nothing, until and unless you've walked a mile in those shoes.

3 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

You're obviously either a defense shyster or have absolutely no awareness of the shame and humiliation a victim, perhaps most especially a young victim, can experience after sexual abuse and the hesitancy it gives them about coming forward.   Maybe you should read up on the abuses by Catholic priests, the habit the Catholic church had of covering these up, the emotional scars left on the underage victims, and their inability to come forward then & there.  If you can't understand the total insanity and gross unjustness of your suggested "one week" rule, most others certainly can.  Brag all you want about where you'd be, etc., etc., etc.,  but it means nothing, less than nothing, until and unless you've walked a mile in those shoes.

And after you've walked a mile in his shoes you can criticise him because you will be a mile away and you will still have his shoes.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I have no desire to know the facts of his or any other movie stars sex life. As far as I'm concerned it appears that to be successful in the movie industry as a star  being 5 ft 2 inches tall or bent or both is required. Applies to both sexes by the way.

My post was about people outside that industry or as they or me are called 'the ordinary people' who may be accused years later of something that was laughed off by both parties at the time and by the time the real facts come to light it has damaged both parties.

If you feel the need to know all the intimate details of Spacey's action carry on. You have no idea how little I care about movie stars lives/lifes.

I care about their arrogance and tendency to preach to the real world while carrying on like pharaohs in their own elite realm of wealth, privilege, and decadence.   But I understand how wingnuts who ride along with these elitists would rather ignore, cover up, trivialize and gloss over the slimy facts.   'Course if these were right wingers, oh then it'd be major league, unforgivable, let's shine a light on all of it, hang 'em high, everybody pile on, utter demonization.

1 minute ago, hawker9000 said:

Agree 100%

I am a victim of sexual abuse. Happened when I was 12 living in an African country. The abuser was a 19 year old American. Couldn’t go to the police, (they were as useless as could be), couldn’t tell anyone for decades. My parents still do not know about it. It certainly does have an affect on your life & you may not even understand it.

I called the police 10 years ago & asked about the statute of limitations on sexual assault. Was told there is none. I still remember his name but I never pursued going after him. Swept under the rug instead.

When children are involved there should be no statute of limitations but what I understand is that in Holywood actors, directors etc.. are accused of improper behavior. If touching a woman on the butt or trying to kiss a woman can end somebody’s career than it looks to me more like a wich hunt. How come these women can make all these accusations without a single proof? Next staring at a woman’s boobs will get you in trouble. In some countries whistling at at passing beauty is already punishable. This is the beginning of the end for courting.
If a woman say no it should be respected but trying to is IMO embedded in our genes

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

20 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

This is now, that was then.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, luk AJ said:

When children are involved there should be no statute of limitations but what I understand is that in Holywood actors, directors etc.. are accused of improper behavior. If touching a woman on the butt or trying to kiss a woman can end somebody’s career than it looks to me more like a wich hunt. How come these women can make all these accusations without a single proof? Next staring at a woman’s boobs will get you in trouble. In some countries whistling at at passing beauty is already punishable. This is the beginning of the end for courting.
If a woman say no it should be respected but trying to is IMO embedded in our genes

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The current Hollywood scandals are not prompted by inappropriate behaviour and failed passes.