Thais online express concern for "incoherent Western man with 20 baht lying on the sidewalk"

webfact

Thais online express concern for "incoherent Western man with 20 baht lying on the sidewalk"

1pm11.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Concern was expressed online by Thais for a Western man photographed and video-ed in the Tuk Chai area of Bangkok clearly the worse for wear.

Thai Rath said he appeared to be drunk and reported that he was found on the sidewalk at 6am after having been out the town in the Saphan Khwai area the previous evening.

Dressed in jeans and a blue T-shirt he was in possession of a mobile phone and 20 baht.

He was incoherent as a person videoing his plight asked if he was Ok and could he speak Thai.

He was later ferried to Phra Mongkut Klao Hospital.

Thais were concerned for his well being and wondered what had led up to his being semi-conscious by the road.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-31

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Incoherent at 6am - doesn't sound like a hangover, and you usually drink yourself sober by that time; spiked drink, maybe. He has that English teacher look, this would go down well with the school and pupils. Whatever, sticking it on social media is doing him no favours.

Edited by nausea
More info.

3 hours ago, Lammbock said:

We call this a hangover  :partytime2:

Right on.....Thai's are wondering what happened to him? Is this a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.

Looks to me like he got blind drunk (possibly a bit of other stuff also).    Obviously, just hazarding a guess.

20 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Right on.....Thai's are wondering what happened to him? Is this a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.

Looks to me like he got blind drunk (possibly a bit of other stuff also).    Obviously, just hazarding a guess.

The Thais probably realised that as well

3 hours ago, Lammbock said:

We call this a hangover  :partytime2:

LOL....probably.

If it was a Thai/Myamar/Caombodian person lying on the sidewalk Thais would just walk by like it's normal. Because it's a falang they took notice and helped him.

Looks like he had a good night out. Even has some puke stains on his T shirt. At his age the best nights are the ones you don't remember. :partytime2:

At my age it would take days to recover from a night like that.

1 minute ago, harleyclarkey said:

So darn embarrassing for us westerners who do behave in Thailand.

Is it any wonder the Thais have a low opinion of (some) westerners when they see this slob on the sidewalk?

Why should any westerner  be embarrassed about this?

I have never understood the logic behind that .

This guy is responsible for his own actions, nothing to do with anyone else

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Why should any westerner  be embarrassed about this?

I have never understood the logic behind that .

This guy is responsible for his own actions, nothing to do with anyone else

While his comments were perhaps a dash harsh, harleyclarkey makes a fairly valid point... 

In a foreign country we are each judged by the actions of those who've travelled before us. 

We can be tarred by the same brush, we can be treated unfairly by those who encountered unfavorable circumstances before our arrival. 

Fortunately for the most part Thai's are not overly judgmental, they are forgiving and inherently helpful and most importantly of all, just because someone else is a fat, horrible slob whoring it up or some overly inebriated young lad is unconscious on the street we will continue to be treated with at the least a level of indifference rather than any negativity unless we ourselves start to show a similar traits. 

I wrote, for the most part Thai's are not overly judgmental, for the remainder judge us by the poor actions of those who look similar to us, particularly in areas where foreigners commonly get pished up and behave poorly, this can be irritating for those of us trying to pretend we are respectable !

Just now, harleyclarkey said:

Is it any wonder the Thais have a low opinion of (some) westerners when they see this slob on the sidewalk?

I'd rather see this young lad on a sidewalk drunk then the old fools making a complete and utter joke out of them self with women 40 years younger than them. 

Anyone who hasn’t been there hasn’t lived. You would think they give out straight jackets at the airport if you believed half the tosh on here. He’s young, got smashed, it happens. Only difference from at home is he wouldn’t still have his mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Anyone who hasn’t been there hasn’t lived. You would think they give out straight jackets at the airport if you believed half the tosh on here. He’s young, got smashed, it happens. Only difference from at home is he wouldn’t still have his mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Exactly so all the waffle about respectability is pure nonsense if you have not woke up with a <deleted> is going on moment, at least 10 times in your life. You are sheltered. Put a stale sausage online and some muppet will express concern. That's what we do.

2 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Quality Resident ( speaks Thai..wow)

are quality native English speaking residents able to comprehend basic English sentences?

Reread a few times and it may click.

I have had dear  friends and loved ones succumb to alcohol / chemical addiction. It catches high and low quality, educated and not.

Edited by atyclb

i once was served a spiked drink by two freelancers. When I  woke up around 6am I probably felt like this guy!  However due to my physical sturdiness I avoided to collapse and went about my business

I was flat out surprised, the freelancers had fleeced me completely, but left me in my clothes and with a last 100 THB bill ! Probably wanted to make sure i could take a taxi back to my hotel.  

Thank you velly mutt!

Robin Hood's sister out meeting a Mr. Good Heart? Who, me?

guess this guy wasn't even close to a taxi bill with the 20 Baht note left to him . .whadda pity but that's what you can expect after a long night out in the jungle . . .

1 hour ago, harleyclarkey said:

Before you start calling him names, it would be better to find out first what happened to him.

Maybe he wasnt drunk, maybe he had a pill popped in his drink ?