Illegal Africans in Thailand: "The more we get rid of them the more they come," say police

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I would have started at the original post.

But then again the title of the thread was..........

Illegal Africans in Thailand: "The more we get rid of them the more they come," say police

So we are talking about the "undesirable element".........those selling drugs, dealing in prostitution, operating "romance scams", asking for help getting millions of dollars released from accounts in Africa, general thieving and mugging etc.

Surely there must be a genuine holidaymaker amongst them?

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Is the article talking about all Africans? Should we be rounding up and sending the whitey Africans home also or are we to judge Africans on skin colour only? How about the albinos? 

Are the 'whitey Africans' standing on street corners along Sukhumvit all day long, intimidating passers by?

44 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Just because Brits are stupid and have given their country away to blacks, muslims and indians doesn't mean Thailand should be that stupid too. The strictness of Visa Renewal is one reason I lived in Thailand for 30 years. I hated the time to get new Visas but always respected their desires for keeping Thailand for Thais.

What do you mean "given the country away"???

Britain colonised half the world and was built on wealth raped pillaged and plundered from Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean . . . . .

Search on youtube for the BBC documentary Britain's Forgotten Slave Owners which explains the biggest bail out in British history.

The bailout actually started out as - wait for it - a bill to pay compensation and reparations to the slaves for being taken from their homelands and forced to build infrastructure for Britain around the world for FREE. Somehow in the most twisted perversion of justice I've ever heard of, the bill ended being converted into an £80 billion (in today's money) bailout to British businesses for the loss of their free labour when slavery was abolished.

Can you believe that?????

You people know nothing - you just run your mouths spewing any old bullshit that confirms your bias and prejudice.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Are the 'whitey Africans' standing on street corners along Sukhumvit all day long, intimidating passers by?

Dunno. I tend to spend my days working, not hanging around Sukhumvit all day long observing weather or not the Africans are intimidating passers by. We must tar all Africans, regardless of colour, with the same brush, no?  

19 hours ago, overherebc said:

Do they arrive at the aiports with proof of return flights, visa and cash etc etc? Can't be bothered to google what  nationalities get VE entries or not but, instead of lanes that signify Thai or Foreign passports have a couple of lanes that signify nationalties from the country of origin.

Call me xenophobic if you want and I won't argue.

Out of the 200,000 at least 80,000 were on overstay from  Nigeria and Somalia.

About 16 years ago when I was working in Uganda, if a Nigerian arrived on a plane he wasn't even allowed off the plane - and that's fellow Africans.

13 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

What do you mean "given the country away"???

Britain colonised half the world and was built on wealth raped pillaged and plundered from Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean . . . . .

Search on youtube for the BBC documentary Britain's Forgotten Slave Owners which explains the biggest bail out in British history.

The bailout actually started out as - wait for it - a bill to pay compensation and reparations to the slaves for being taken from their homelands and forced to build infrastructure for Britain around the world for FREE. Somehow in the most twisted perversion of justice I've ever heard of, the bill ended being converted into an £80 billion (in today's money) bailout to British businesses for the loss of their free labour when slavery was abolished.

Can you believe that?????

You people know nothing - you just run your mouths spewing any old bullshit that confirms your bias and prejudice.

Duh? Was Britain the only country who did that? Or are you just a biased 'know nothing" yourself?

According to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs- the only African Visa Exempt country is South Africa (30 days) and the only African country to get a Visa on arrival is Ethiopia (15 Days) Every other African country must apply for a 60 day Tourist Visa at a Thai Embassy and Consulate and have a booked ticket; and a hotel reservation and carry the required funds. Appears very easy to get the Tourist Visa -same requirements in Africa as in other Western countries.

The problem comes in when people overstay and according to the media many Africans are on overstay.  When the police see a group of 15-20 people of any background sitting on chairs on the street- not purchasing anything; eating any food or drink it is perfectly legal to ask them to show their documents. Police in the West would be doing the same thing.

The same goes for working girls walking up and down Sukhumvit Road and there are plenty of them.

Many of the Africans have made themselves a nuisance- legit African tourists or business people do not sit  in ample numbers on the street without  any visible reason for being there. nor do they attempt to chat up other foreigners and attempt to sell them anything.

The police  and local administration have already banned  Thai vendors from the sidewalks. Why should they allow foreigners of any stripe from selling anything or harassing passersby.

20 hours ago, markaoffy said:

What the hell goes on at Thai consulates in these countries for these to get in, and are they Swimming across the Mekong ? There are more and more of them in Bangkok, all over the place! Police should be instructed to ask to see passports of ANY seen in public

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You wouldn't say that if you were a well educated African American person on holiday here.   

But you obviously agree with racial profiling.

Erm it’s not that people don’t like them because they are black or because they are a different colour.

It’s that people don’t like them because they are criminals. And because they are trying to extract money illegally from anyone they can.

So you're not racist.

You're criminalist!
[emoji4]

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But then again the title of the thread was..........

So we are talking about the "undesirable element".........those selling drugs, dealing in prostitution, operating "romance scams", asking for help getting millions of dollars released from accounts in Africa, general thieving and mugging etc.

Surely there must be a genuine holidaymaker amongst them?

There was, but he got scammed out of all his money on lower Sukhumvit, and had to turn to crime to raise the airfare home...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Dunno. I tend to spend my days working, not hanging around Sukhumvit all day long observing weather or not the Africans are intimidating passers by. We must tar all Africans, regardless of colour, with the same brush, no?  

If you don't walk down Sukhumvit, you won't see them then.  Perhaps you can take a walk down there this evening, then come back and make a qualified comment.

56 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Maybe you should open some history books once in your life to understand how the British  looted, murdered and plundered in the nations they colonised. It is thus absolutely normal that the UK is now a giant cultural mix of all the nations the UK previously invaded. Just getting their "change" back!

p.s. no offence please to my [educated] british friends.

Who said,  "the past is a foreign country, they do (did) things differently there".

And IMO,  just because they did, doesn't mean that we have to pay for it now.

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

But you obviously agree with racial profiling.

Well I was subjected to it by the Nigerians when I worked there many years ago.

This in order to extract money and goods from us when entering the country to work on their oil installations........so what goes round, comes round!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Who said,  "the past is a foreign country, they do (did) things differently there".

And IMO,  just because they did, doesn't mean that we have to pay for it now.

Unfortunately for you and others who share your viewpoint, the immigrants don't give a shit.

They're taking and there isn't much you can do about it.

At least we're getting something in return - cheap labour in the jobs we don't want to do.

At least we're learning this time, though.

We're paying them this time round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well I was subjected to it by the Nigerians when I worked there many years ago.

This in order to extract money and goods from us when entering the country to work on their oil installations........so what goes round, comes round!

So you were working for the oil companies that financed the Biafra genocide?

22 hours ago, Ochomo said:

You sir speak a lot of sense:

The Largest Rice Importers In The World
Rank Country Rice Imported (1,000 metric tons)
1 China 4,700
2 Nigeria 3,000
3 Phillippines 1,800
4 Iran 1,600

Sorry white gentlemen but Thailand needs Nigeria more than you think. Deal with the black people or ship back to Europe and whatever cold climes you crawled from.

so is that 4700 x 1000 tons of rice ?

How does Nigeria being a rice importer explain the hordes of Africans on Sukhumvit  sitting doing nothing and the pimping of African women who are prostitutes roaming the capital?

As I said legit African business people do not sit on the street enticing passersby to buy drugs; fake diamonds or soliciting sex.

• Like 1

Good Lord!  Pattaya based on Costa Del Sol?  The only thing Pattaya is based upon is how to separate ignorant tourists and expats from their hard earned cash by using every trick and scam to so it to include a bevy of service girls and boys. Sodom and Gomorrah comes to mind.  Hardly any Africans  on the street. Plenty of other miscreants from around the World though.

Edited by Thaidream

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

If you don't walk down Sukhumvit, you won't see them then.  Perhaps you can take a walk down there this evening, then come back and make a qualified comment.

Sukhumvit ain't a place I wish to frequent, the last time I was down there though there were no intimidating Africans, maybe all the bad eggs had recently been rounded up and shipped off. Next time I'm down that way I'll report back.

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Well, maybe your there at the wrong time, I walk Sukumvitt for blocks and blocks in the daytime, No Africans in sight, they only come out at night............try from 1900 thru 0300hrs.

Oh, you might see one at every train stop with two cell phones, one in each hand but they don't get on the trains, whats up with that.

Edited by TunnelRat69

Slightly off topic, I know, but.....

Britain, along with the rest of Europe, has fallen victim to failed neo-liberalism ideology and have allowed themselves to become compromised and nothing other than a garbage collection point for all the world's sob stories. Everyone has lost their minds now, and it has ironically come about in synchronicity with the rise of the Internet along with the narcissism/vanity that plainly comes with it and has firmly become entrenched in recent years through social media and every idiot being able to spout off a load of BS about anything. I predict a lurch to the right and some would say it has already started. But the left has no-one to blame but themselves for bringing about the rise of the right through their own intolerance as they have been in charge almost everywhere in the west for at least the last 30 years in one form or another...and blown it really. It has only been left leaning parties to a greater or lesser degree in charge everywhere and there hasn't been a real conservative party for decades in Europe anywhere. Looks like times they are a changing now.

Hopefully, Thailand will figure it out and get rid of the garbage, or at least manage it effectively, before it's too late. 

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Like 1