Video: Well done Thai police! Innovative thinking saves a life

snoop1130

Video: Well done Thai police! Innovative thinking saves a life

560000011504901.JPEG

The Thai public online were praising the Thai police after some quick and imaginative thinking saved a woman at a police station.

A three minute video posted on Facebook showed a woman clambering outside the second floor of the Prakhonchai police station in Buriram.

It looked as though the woman may fall so officers quickly got a couple of sofas and some armchairs from inside the station and positioned them under the woman.

And it was just as well.

The woman eventually fell and exactly onto the sofas saving her from serious injury and possibly death.

And at exactly that moment the medics arrived with an ambulance to ferry the woman to hospital.

Manager said they were still in the dark as to why the woman was climbing outside the station. 

Commenting on Facebook Peerawich said: The police were very clever. Great!"

While Rungrawee said: "But for the sofas that would have ended terribly".

Source: https://mgronline.com/onlinesection/detail/9600000110987

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-2

Gotta say the whole thing sounds like something out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

But there is an old gangster movie where the criminal escapes the courtroom by jumping out the window and landing in a truck full of mattresses (I think it was James Cagney).  Maybe the BiB get to watch it as part of their training.

Still would like to hear about her motive for being up there, a wife with a cheating BiB husband?

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

But there is an old gangster movie where the criminal escapes the courtroom by jumping out the window and landing in a truck full of mattresses (I think it was James Cagney).  Maybe the BiB get to watch it as part of their training.

Still would like to hear about her motive for being up there, a wife with a cheating BiB husband?

Why ridicule the Thai police when what they did was clearly a very good idea?

Edited by Just Weird

I too wondered, as did USNret, why no-one went upstairs to try to talk her back, however, it is always easy to analyse after the event.......Credit where credit is due......well done Prakonchai police....:thumbsup: 

Edited by AhFarangJa

47 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Watched in on tv and my son thought at first  they got a big Red ice box which i also thought it was pleased it was a sofa great thinking.

Mind you a fat farang would have probably gone straight through it.

She wasn't exactly thin nor were most people on the ground there. The days of fat Farang to thin Thais are long gone. 

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

...takes kids jumping on the sofa to a whole new level.

Edited by tandor

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I may be going off topic but why does the police station have armchairs and sofas in it....?

(Rhetorical question really)

Maybe bacause they also have something called break and lunchtime as all other people that work.
About same clever as asking why a Sabina underwear company have a coffée machine.

Good work by the police.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I may be going off topic but why does the police station have armchairs and sofas in it....?

(Rhetorical question really)

......Well what do you expect? They must enjoy their tea money tea in comfort......:coffee1:

Question for those saying why they didn't pull her back in. Do you see any window big enough near her that you can just grab and pull her back in without putting yourself in danger by going out the window to get to her?

3 hours ago, USNret said:

Innovative, yes, but could not someone have run upstairs and try to get the woman onto the landing and avoid the fall entirely?  Nevertheless, well done on helping her avoid serious injury. 

.....Only police women can multi-task.........:smile:

The RTP are sofa king good, 10 out of 10 for quick thinking. :thumbsup:

There was someone at the window upstairs, maybe if they would have climbed out to pull her back in she would have fell/jumped sooner with no king sofa below and TV members would be saying 'why didn't the RTP try to talk her back to safety RIP' :annoyed:

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why ridicule the Thai police when what they did was clearly a very good idea?

It's a prerequisite for being a Thaigeezer!

Rule 5- 'one will find the badness in any thread mentioning the BiB' :stoner:

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Weed done those men....but....did anybody think of going upstairs and pulling her back inside?

I rather doubt that there are many people trained to do that in rural Prackonchai .. could have made things worse. Well done to the police.

4 hours ago, USNret said:

Innovative, yes, but could not someone have run upstairs and try to get the woman onto the landing and avoid the fall entirely?  Nevertheless, well done on helping her avoid serious injury. 

Yes strange no one went to the balcony to help her

12 hours ago, bendejo said:

I think most likely explanation is this woman was trying to escape. But totally bizarre that she didn't climb back in once she'd been seen. I don't know. Maybe high on something? 

Edited by happysanook

Innovation as a result of incorrect equipment, procedures and security, saved a life... excellent

if only they would now show some proper non innovative, tried and true policing.... imagine the lives that would then be saved

At least they may have saved her from a possible death fall, so well-done for that.  But, instead of leaving her where she was for the medics to take care, some plank is picking her up like she was a rag doll; she may have had a serious back/neck injury.  I've seen this happen many times in Thailand.

About 6 months ago, I stopped at a motorcycle accident due to the road being blocked.  There was a woman in the middle of the road, obviously unconscious.  One guy was trying to drag her to the side of the road so the traffic could get past.  I had to physically restrain him from doing so.  I explained to him, in Thai, that he could be causing her a more serious injury.  He started to rant and rave at me; the reason - his pickup was first in the queue to get past.  Luckily, the police turned-up at that moment, so he quickly retreated to his pickup.

The usual me me me attitude of the majority of Thai drivers.

Edited by Moti24