Rats.

nick

It appears that rats are more intelligent than monkeys. I have seen restaurant in jungle resort put big size cotton cloth made tiger near the table to frighten those monkeys and it works, they don't come near the restaurant. Those cotton cloth made tigers are the sizes of a large dog and in good color that resemble a tiger, with whiskers and glass eyes balls.. So somehow rats are more intelligent they aren't afraid of cats made of cotton cloth. 

May be tiger's urine may frighten the rats to avoid your house. Anyone tried that ?

I know friend who trained their dogs to hunt for rats and it works quite well, they bite them till they die. They dig them out of the earth.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

I have heard you can use quick drying plaster powder mixed with oatmeal  or something else the rats like ,

they get the plaster when eating  the oatmeal  and it hardens inside them......

not toxic to whatever  eats the remains......

Eat it and get plastered. A solid suggestion.

1 hour ago, oldcarguy said:

I have heard you can use quick drying plaster powder mixed with oatmeal  or something else the rats like ,

they get the plaster when eating  the oatmeal  and it hardens inside them......

not toxic to whatever  eats the remains......

Poster BazzaL will have kittens.......

On 11/4/2017 at 4:46 AM, KarenBravo said:

Have always had success with the spring traps (the one that doesn't kill them) using brown bread as bait.

huh ? kill as many as possible asap . first try cleaning your home , rats only live where there is food . 

2 minutes ago, mikiea said:

huh ? kill as many as possible asap . first try cleaning your home , rats only live where there is food . 

Nope. I have only set the trap in a single place.

It's a cupboard under the stairs with a door that is outside the house. No food is kept in there, but, it does have the control boxes and wiring for my automated sprinkler system.

After having to replace some electronics that cost me 5000 Bt due to rats chewing on the wires, I decided to always leave a trap in there.

Rats will go anywhere to search for food. There doesn't actually have to be food present for a rat to check a place out.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:47 PM, KarenBravo said:

Nope. I have only set the trap in a single place.

It's a cupboard under the stairs with a door that is outside the house. No food is kept in there, but, it does have the control boxes and wiring for my automated sprinkler system.

After having to replace some electronics that cost me 5000 Bt due to rats chewing on the wires, I decided to always leave a trap in there.

Rats will go anywhere to search for food. There doesn't actually have to be food present for a rat to check a place out.

now you are talking variables , why ? the object is to end their life asap with prejudice......one trap ,two trap , sticky paper , bb gun  and greasy bait ..... 

On 11/13/2017 at 12:40 PM, mikiea said:

Although its not a case of rats living in your house , its them just passing by searching for food .

I generally have a no food in the house policy , although I did buy a packet of biscuits , left the packet unopened and a rat jumped through my window , through a little side gap, where the window doesn't close properly and ate through the biscuit wrapper and ate the biscuits

Just now, sanemax said:

Although its not a case of rats living in your house , its them just passing by searching for food .

I generally have a no food in the house policy , although I did buy a packet of biscuits , left the packet unopened and a rat jumped through my window , through a little side gap, where the window doesn't close properly and ate through the biscuit wrapper and ate the biscuits

as i said , they live where there is food , he will come back looking for the cheese that goes with the biscuits .

8 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I got 14 rats in nine months. Haven't had another since last May.

I got 23 rats, last one was trapped in my truck, the little bastard ate a hole through the firewall, ate a pocket in the back seat, and chewed a wire harness, that was the end of him, hopefully I have gotten all of them, with four dogs roaming the property and a few snakes surprised I had so many, never saw a one of them in the daytime, all trapped at night