CNN names Isaan as top world destination in 2017

webfact

Completely agree, part of its attraction is that its unspoilt, last thing we need is the Pattaya idiots flocking up there, it's bad enough when the bkk lot are up there.
Keep smiling :-)
Why would the "Pattaya idiots" go there when the best of isaan is already in Pattaya.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Media1 said:

CNN wrote nothing false media. Was only reported via CNN 

Incorrect.

It was written by CNN staff as a subjective travel FEATURE article.

It was never presented by CNN as an objective NEWS item.

This is basic journalism stuff. Some articles are news. Some opinion. Some feature articles, etc.

If something is presented as news and it's intentionally made up, then that is fake news.

Next ... 

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/best-places-to-visit-in-2017/index.html

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

I never bash thailand. Calling a spade a spade is not bashing

I'm amazed at the denial regarding isaan and Pattaya

Don't blame me, blame the parents that are effectively pimping out their children

Your words....Dark Thais are low class....Buffalo scrubbers...etc.....Do you know what a TOOL is.....?

Well some are useful, cheap ones break easy...Careful how you go...:smile:

1 hour ago, buick said:

have any of your western friends made the journey to see these two places ?  when i went to phanom rung two years ago, i was the only farang there. 

my mom and dad love touring the churches and old ruins around europe.  but i'd never think of bringing them to buriram to see phanom rung.  they really want to see angkor wat so maybe someday they'll make it.

Actually yes, I have organized many visits for family and friends over the years...the fact that they were the only farangs was considered as a plus, not a minus.

Wat Laan Kuat, for example, is really a wonder, and few Westerners can say they have visited the place.

A stay at Tohsang Kongchiam, directly over the Mekong, opposite Laos, is a wonderful experience.

There are also many unique temples in and around Ubon city...and so on...

Edited by Brunolem
Spelling error

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Why would the "Pattaya idiots" go there when the best of isaan is already in Pattaya.

That would rather be the "worst" of Isaan is already in Pattaya.

See, Isaan girls and women are generally not attracted to farang men, but are ready to do hard work to live their lives close to their Thai roots and families.

The minority who goes to Pattaya does it only out of pure laziness: they want money for nothing!

Seen from Pattaya, it may seem as "all the Thai ladies are the same" since they are indeed all like that over there, but the fact is that the sample is not at all representative of the majority.

In the same way, a Thai whose contacts with farangs would be limited to Pattaya may wrongly come to the conclusion that "all farangs are hard beer drinkers, covered with tattoos", but we all know that it's not true...

Edited by Brunolem
Spelling

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are you making disgusting comments about Issan ladies????

Many beautiful/honest/respectable ladies in Issan.

Please do everybody a favour, !!shut up !!

Well said colin, i have lived here now for  18 months and totally agree ,this guy does not have a clue

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Actually this article has prompted me to go have a look.

Enjoy the last few years of tranquility boys as the Americans start to arrive followed by macas, Starbucks and 7/11 on every corner

Americans have been here for years , Korat Airbase , Udon Airbase there are already 7/11’s, Starbucks at the Mall’s, PattayaAirbase

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

It is a very nice area with many interesting parts to see,  and most of it is authentic thai ...  not like Phuket or other tourist areas.

Well if more and more farangs come to Isaan, there will be a great demand for more gogo bars, pubs, ladyboys, western food, prostitutes etc and eventually it will become another Pattaya or Phuket.

Well if more and more farangs come to Isaan, there will be a great demand for more gogo bars, pubs, ladyboys, western food, prostitutes etc and eventually it will become another Pattaya or Phuket.

Isaan is already strewn with ‘Karaoke Bars’ everywhere so.......

Same same but different .

If you knew this country better, you would realize that it’s not just the tourists/westerners engaged in prostitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

Isaan is already strewn with ‘Karaoke Bars’ everywhere so.......

Same same but different .

If you knew this country better, you would realize that it’s not just the tourists/westerners engaged in prostitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on! If including the rural "Karaokes", the "mia noi" and "geek" situations, Western induced prostitution in tourist-hubs is just some kind of a "side-show".
-------------------
As someone already mentioned, the Isaan is a big place. But, as far as landscape is concerned, mostly "monotonous". (So is Kansas, hehe.) Yes, there are the Temples, but if you have seen one, you have seen them all......
No, the "Isaan" as well as Kansas will not be overrun by hordes of tourists in the near future.
Cheers.

11 hours ago, saakura said:

Isaan already has that stuff but it is not in your face, seek and you will find, same as any place in the world...Sadly we do not have a Burger King, but fingers crossed...

Thankfully up here, 5 minutes away, I can go to a place overlooking a lake and sit where a large Chang is 50bht...:stoner:

Aren't any of you Isaan nuts fretting about convenience stores and McD's worried about Chinese tourists coming down in a thousand buses? They already do that to Chiang Mai but I still like it there. Not the least of which is the superb western-style Rimping supermarkets, stocked to the rafters with American and European goods. And sure, I love certain Thai restaurants there where (the last time I was there 20 months ago) I could get a great dinner for 50 baht. Yes, that's without beer. Screw the beer. BTW, 7-11-type convenience stores in their country of origin, the US, don't resemble the tiny closets of SE Asia. They're spacious and in places like New Jersey have really good delis.

Edited by Dustdevil