Ashes 2017/2018

7by7

Who would have thought it ,England close on 491-9 ,Cook on  244 not out, England lead by 164 runs, the pundits say England can win this one but they have to bat last  on a pitch that has suited England well ,I think  it will be a draw  ,Cook's innings he  played well , got his 200 with a good straight drive .

Australia missing  Starc , Bird 108-0, bowing figures, hardly a  replacement .intresting days cricket tomorrow.

PS .We have T20 , Indian Premier League, BB ect last time I watched a T20 game was in a pub in the UK, whole game took less than 3 pints of beer,article on the BBC 2 days ago , talking about T10 cricket , saying an even more entertaining, format, and it could be included  in the Olimpic games ,T10 cricket  that would not be 2 pints of beer, what is the world coming to. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Smith made 71 then gave away 180 odd dropping Cook.

So i expect him to be not out in the next innings as the game peters out to a draw.

As rain stopped play today,the odds of a draw has increased,and   with Smith and Warner scoring  21 runs  with 100 balls ............., some wag  on TMS  said England could win . 

The long format of the game is the real game ,not this 3 pints of beer a match game.

5th test , end of day 3 Khawaja 171 .S Mash and M mash on 98 and 63 , respectively, as for England ..................not a lot to say , Crane got his 1st ashes wicket ,good scalp to Khawaja.

Australia will get a 250  1st inning lead and declare  ,the wicket is holding up well , Lyon will do a lot more than the England spinners, TMS pundits are saying a draw ,I would put the smart money on an Australian win. 

Archived