EU states see Britain failing to meet Brexit divorce terms

webfact

Am not a fan of either the governances cited.....but thumbs up to the UK for not giving into the EU Bruxelles led mafia extortionists !....

A few rich and smarter nations in Europe have kept safe distance with the monkey money €uro and the dictatorship of Bruxelles.

The EU and the €uro will crash at one point, for the best or the worst, whatever....the point is just when will it happen?

Edited by observer90210

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

The French are net contributors to the EU. Big time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-eu-members-net-contributions-and-net-funding-2016-12?r=UK&IR=T

Again we're talking about at most 10 billion euros in a 14 trillion euro economy. That amounts to .07 percent. That's less than 1 thousandth of the entire EU economy.

Correction: with the UK gone the GDP of Europe would be about 11.5 trillion. So I guess that means the shortfall would amount to about .09 percent of the EU's GDP. Still less than one thousandth.

If you take into account the CAP subsidy that France gets, it's paying bog-all into the EU coffers.

And your playing with statistics on EU finances is an insult to disingenuity: the near £10bn that the UK contributes is to the EU budget, not to the GDP of it's collection of nations. It will be a very large hole in the EU's finances which can't currently be filled, something that Barnier alluded to when complaining about the lack of progress on the compo payment when he mentioned that countries and projects are already suffering because they can't budget future projects.

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Grouse is a troll. Put him on ignore.

I actually prefer open discussion as thats how we can learn but a few posters today really have confounded the benefit of UK leaving the EU. It seems agree with them or you are uneducated, talking nonsense and a facist, similiar to howbthe EU works. 

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

The French are net contributors to the EU. Big time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-eu-members-net-contributions-and-net-funding-2016-12?r=UK&IR=T

Again we're talking about at most 10 billion euros in a 14 trillion euro economy. That amounts to .07 percent. That's less than 1 thousandth of the entire EU economy.

Correction: with the UK gone the GDP of Europe would be about 11.5 trillion. So I guess that means the shortfall would amount to about .09 percent of the EU's GDP. Still less than one thousandth.

Remainers defend the EU punishing the UK by saying "the EU need to protect the other 27 member states" from the impact of the UK leaving. 

If the UK's departure from the EU makes virtually no difference (according to your workings), then why do the EU need to worry about looking after the other 27 member states?

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

The NHS bus has been discussrd to death.... It never said 350 million to just NHS. Also the extra money would be spent AFTER Brexit due to the savings. Yes fantastic, lets hope house prices keep falling, you have actually confirmed my point. 

Discussed to death indeed.  I think you need to listen to some of the campaign speeches followed by the retractions afterwards.  Not that that will get through I am sure.  Quite right the money was promised for "after Brexit"  but then it was retracted.  Also £350 million wasn't promised exclusively to the NHS (I never said it was) as some was pledged for schools as well.  That was retracted as well.  

But hey!  We will all see soon enough.  Well when I say soon enough I do mean once they can agree to something.... anything will do.

Clearly by hoping that house prices keep falling, which would trigger a recession, you have no idea what is good for the UK's economy and that indeed determines the well being of everyone living in the UK.  Best to keep the blinkers on then.

12 hours ago, mercman24 said:

we saved their asses twice in world wars, ungrateful bar stewards, just send them a bill for double what they are asking us, see how they react to that

Oh dear, that old turkey again. You weren't there and neither was I, maybe you read about it in a history book or saw a few Hollywood films.  While you're about it don't forget about the Crimean war, Agincourt, the crusades etc. I bet the Zulu's are still annoyed about 'us' nicking their land but since Lord Chelmsford is dead now they cant sue anyone.

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

If you take into account the CAP subsidy that France gets, it's paying bog-all into the EU coffers.

And your playing with statistics on EU finances is an insult to disingenuity: the near £10bn that the UK contributes is to the EU budget, not to the GDP of it's collection of nations. It will be a very large hole in the EU's finances which can't currently be filled, something that Barnier alluded to when complaining about the lack of progress on the compo payment when he mentioned that countries and projects are already suffering because they can't budget future projects.

Not true. The figures include CAPS.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Discussed to death indeed.  I think you need to listen to some of the campaign speeches followed by the retractions afterwards.  Not that that will get through I am sure.  Quite right the money was promised for "after Brexit"  but then it was retracted.  Also £350 million wasn't promised exclusively to the NHS (I never said it was) as some was pledged for schools as well.  That was retracted as well.  

But hey!  We will all see soon enough.  Well when I say soon enough I do mean once they can agree to something.... anything will do.

Clearly by hoping that house prices keep falling, which would trigger a recession, you have no idea what is good for the UK's economy and that indeed determines the well being of everyone living in the UK.  Best to keep the blinkers on then.

If people pay less on rent and mortgages they have more disposable income. Its a bit different to 1990 when interest was 15% and council tax was introduced. Yes, it really annoys me that a basic human right of a roof over your head is now viewed as a money maker by BT letters and the ilk. Seeing family members having to live with parents till their mid 30s tben have a mortgage for 35 years, this all fuelled by the massive rise in the population. 

As will alrrady know EU migrants are a drain on the economy, its reported today the true cost is a mere 30 Billion a year, pay little tax but take large benefits. I dont blame anyone for wanting a better life but this madness needs to be stopped.