Police baffled by Bt6 million missing from armoured vehicle

webfact

Police is baffled how they could do this. I would be also in other less corrupt countries, and I assume the police should look if someone driving the car, had access to keys or similar was involved and has become unusually rich. The article mentions this, but it all depends on the amount of money and who were involved whether this trail will be investigated

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its simple.   when the 2 guards return the door is unlocked with no evidence of breaking or damage. 

so,  the  guards were responsible for not locking the bloody doors.

some opportunist thief got very lucky

Edited by pumpjack

7 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

its simple.   when the 2 guards return the door is unlocked with no evidence of breaking or damage. 

so,  the  guards were responsible for not locking the bloody doors.

some opportunist thief got very lucky

So he just got lucky or were there money involved? In most cases in Thailand there are

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Cops should check who at their base had access to the keys, and who quite possibly didn't turn up for work this morning. Bit surprising that the thieves didn't take the lot, but 6 million is not a bad days work I guess.

Cops here are quite easily baffled though.

you can lock a door but if you leave the top and bottom door latch open for your mate to open it then its quiet easy , especially if your mate is head of police who just happened to be patrolling that place at the exact time you left the door latches open , bet they dont see the van drivers again or the head of police ha ha keystone cops have not got anything on these bozos !! 

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes they would be tough to get into................if you were a child.......:omfg:

Kasikorn Bank

image.jpeg.f82a22b23bcc220f26c767fb5e4527d1.jpeg

That's not a security van and doesn't claim to be, it's a Kasikorn Bank van.  The security van that was robbed was a proper Brinks armoured security van.

Strip away all unnecessary complications and you are left with two security guards who left the door unlocked while their mates followed them with a pick up. Get the number of the pick up go to the owners home and find the money. I dare say that the bib are now looking for Harry Potter and his magic wand. 

I would say inside job.  One thing they forgot to say was they left instructions how to open the door Most Thais would not be smart enough to do that Maybe check out some police while they are it ? Seems to be to easy to steal money here:WPFflags:

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That's not a security van and doesn't claim to be, it's a Kasikorn Bank van.  The security van that was robbed was a proper Brinks armoured security van

You obviously dont live here JustWeird or you would see these security vans taking sometimes up to 20 million to replenish the ATMs Notice they have removed the doors from the back making it so hard to get into. In 20 years here I have yet to see a "Brinks Type" security van..and by the way the brinks  do not have a key to the door--everything is controlled by the inside man--who stays with the van at all times

before you tell everyone their wrong....at least Try to Google..

CHIANGMAI, THAILAND - NOVEMBER 11 2014: Money delivery Van of Google

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1120&bih=567&ei=VO4EWtveIIHwvgSMo6j4Dg&q=security+van+Thailand&oq=security+van+Thailand&gs_l=img.12...5713.12381.0.15646.22.22.0.0.0.0.201.2640.2j16j1.19.0....0...1.1.64.img..3.14.2001.0..0j0i30k:
Image result for security van Thailand

And here is the Post office Security Van--carrying all the registered letters--money orders etc...notice they have CCTV...one step up from most bank vans
Related image

And a Bank on Wheels....we used to see a lot of these up country about 10-15 years ago...ATM van...top security again.
image.jpeg.7321716f9bebd84227d9486f69994664.jpeg

12 hours ago, evadgib said:

Is there no CCTV or tamper proof security inside the van?

Exactly what I was thinking with reference to the close circuit TV comment. You would think that this would be standard as a minimum for insurance purposes against inside jobs. Looped cloud storage against tampering with onboard hardware.