Phuket Gateway ‘facelift’ gets heavy push

webfact

Phuket Gateway ‘facelift’ gets heavy push

The Phuket News

1510215246_2899-org.jpg

One of the attractions currently on display at the Phuket Gateway. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The plan to revive the long-ailing Phuket Gateway at the northern end of the island into a bustling tourist attraction took a major stride forward yesterday (Nov 8) with a slew of announcements by Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong, including that a market will start at the site on Dec 12.

Governor Norraphat told an entourage of officials gathered at the meeting at Phuket Gateway Meeting Room that the Phuket Gateway was to become a “Phuket landmark”.

To that end Watcharin Pathomwattanapong, Acting Chief of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO, OrBorJor), announced that a “Pearl Tower” standing 23 or even up to 45 meters tall will be erected at the site “to help to promote ecological tourism and education about nature.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gateway-facelift-gets-heavy-push-64629.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-09

44 minutes ago, sebastion said:

It's actually well built and attractive. It's just in the worst location possible. I had to stop for the toilet once and I was amazed how modern it was.
Stray dogs run the car park.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I agree ... 4 star toilet.  One last report said the wanted to build a shopping mall .... ie tourist trap for Chinese tours. Nuts ...

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Silly question. You walk up the tower; you do not use an electrical, fossil fueled escalator to the top. :w00t:

Of course. So obvious. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

I assume they're going to build it by hand as well with no mechanical tools and machinery.