Yellow book- not for myself or the usual topic.

Guys,

Quick question. We have a tenant who wants the yellow book for a house he rents from us.

I already have one myself alongside my usufruct for my own address.

My other half is unsure about doing this as she reckons there are too many questions, what's, ifs and buts, from the local authority in this regard, especially with the tenant only having a short term lease and no "extension of stay " as yet, as he commutes between Europe and Thailand and is not here full time.

Also, does the yellow book, ( I am fully aware this book just states the details of the foreigner and that they are residing at the address) , move when they do and they just change address details in the book or do they make a fresh application for a new one?

As with most official things here it will all depend on the officer at the land department as to whether they would accept  issuing a book on a short term lease. But the second question is a definate no, once you move house then the yellow book dies a death and you would have to start from scratch.

We dont think he would be able to get the book on a tourist visa either.

HL

Edited by happylarry

28 minutes ago, happylarry said:

As with most official things here it will all depend on the officer at the land department as to whether they would accept  issuing a book on a short term lease.

The land department has nothing to do with yellow books.

They are issued at the district office (amphoe).

It does not state any relation to ownership of land or house.

It just proofs that a foreigner stays at this house/address.

There is no reason for you to hinder him getting one.

Just that it might not happen if he is not staying on a one year extension.

If he moves, the book is void and he has to apply for another one at the new place (district office).

The book is bound to the house (registration) number which is on the first inside page.

New house/address -> new book.

There is some process of voiding the old book before issued a new one.

I don't know the details.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

If he moves, the book is void and he has to apply for another one at the new place (district office).

The book is bound to the house (registration) number which is on the first inside page.

Yes,

A slip, I meant the district office. The guys from there came to our place a few times.

There is nobody attempting to hinder him at all. My other half already pointed out to his lady, it will be problematic without a 12 month extension.

It's more of a case of two Thai women speaking together and arriving at their own conclusion as to what is the correct way to go about it. I haven't been asked anything directly. This has been relayed to me from my Mrs.

I have said I don't really want to know anything as this is a customer as far as I am concerned and if for any reason the advice given in good faith turns out wrong, or not in their favor, they tend to blame  the person who advised.

I just do not wish to go there and keep the arrangement simple like it is now.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Quite right, apologies, slip of my pen....lol....district office, but the comment is the same.

HL

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That's exactly what I thought, and me to have nothing to do with it.

Actually as a farangie you can't have anything to do with it. :biggrin:

From what l remember getting my yellow book our province office needed me to show l had 3 years consecutive in 1 year extensions before they would consider issue.

Had to have 2 Thai people of rank or respected business people as witnesses and the Mrs with her blue book for the house address. 

I am from New Zealand. (Any Aussies who answere bon't say sorry.) been living here for 8 yrs and married a Thai. Bought a house in the village and re furnished it. It is in the wife's name, she has the blue book. While I was in NZ she went down to the housing office in Khon Kaen with marrage cert, pictures of the house and us standing outside. She go me a yellow book no problem.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Actually as a farangie you can't have anything to do with it. :biggrin:

From what l remember getting my yellow book our province office needed me to show l had 3 years consecutive in 1 year extensions before they would consider issue.

Had to have 2 Thai people of rank or respected business people as witnesses and the Mrs with her blue book for the house address. 

Not saying you are wrong as each province seems to adopt their own rules, but I don't understand the need to wait 3 years for a yellow book if you move into a new house with a brand new blue book?

Where you have lived before should have nothing to do with your new permanent address. 

Edited by chrisinth

16 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Not saying you are wrong as each province seems to adopt their own rules, but I don't understand the need to wait 3 years for a yellow book if you move into a new house with a brand new blue book?

Where you have lived before should have nothing to do with your new permanent address. 

Sorry,

Your last paragraph. What he was saying was he had to show that his passport had three consecutive 12 month extensions before they would give the yellow book.Nothing about previous address.

I do take your point about a brand new house though but unsure what they would say about that.

The yellow book is meant to be proof of address for long-term residents. On that basis, I suspect that it would be difficult to get one if you were on anything apart from a non-immigrant visa. I obtained one within my first year of moving to Thailand, but I had 'bought' a house so I was on the Chanote (usufruct) so I was regarded as a 'permanent' resident, although I was at the time only on a ED Visa, which is only 3 month extensions. I would also mention that I wasn't married when I made the application, so that isn't a bar.

I was able to show through the interview, and several other factors, that I was intending to reside long-term in Thailand. Someone who was here, there and everywhere might struggle to show the same commitment to Thailand that they seem to expect before issuing the book (whilst I don't believe that it is strictly necessary, this is how they apply the regulations in my Amphur at least)

As others have posted, the yellow book is tied to the house at which you are registered, although if you move within the same Amphur, I am not sure if you get a new book for the new address, or they just issue you with an entirely new book. One of the main points about getting a yellow book is being registered with the Thai national database, which means that you are given a unique ID number (the same as Thai people, save that the number for foreigners starts with a 6- rather than 1- for Thais). So once you have been issued a yellow book in one Amphur, getting another one elsewhere should (in theory) be relatively straightforward, as you shouldn't have to go through the same rigmarole as for the original book as your unique ID number obviously doesn't change.

Edited by roath
Grammatical error making post unclear

40 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Sorry,

Your last paragraph. What he was saying was he had to show that his passport had three consecutive 12 month extensions before they would give the yellow book.Nothing about previous address.

I do take your point about a brand new house though but unsure what they would say about that.

They issue it straight away. At least in my province.

OK, understand what you are saying about consecutive 12 month extensions to both Kwasaki & Scouse123, but again I know a person who has not completed his first annual extension who is in possession of his yellow book. His history before that had been multi - O's for a few years through reasons of being married to a Thai. But at a different address.

Again, provincial rules maybe

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I just popped into Udon Muang Amphur with Mrs E and her blue book.   Had to wait a bit for the process but no problems. got same day.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:01 PM, happylarry said:

As with most official things here it will all depend on the officer at the land department as to whether they would accept  issuing a book on a short term lease. But the second question is a definate no, once you move house then the yellow book dies a death and you would have to start from scratch.

We dont think he would be able to get the book on a tourist visa either.

HL

I believe it's the Tessabahn that issues the book.  Not the Land Office.

Sorry.  I see that's already been corrected.

Edited by HHTel
Correction

I got my Yellow House Book from Tessa Ban, not Amphor, just to clear that it may be wrong information in bove posts; however might be different in other provinces.

And especially "different", as from other threads about Yellow Books, some foreigners easily get one, whist others – like myself –need to go through almost same procedure as when replying for a Permanent Residence (except the language test). The only way to find out, is to contact the local Tessa Ban, and ask about their specific requirements.

And to my knowledge, it's not the Landlord, but the tenant, that shall apply for a Yellow House Book, but the "Master of House" – who might be specified in the Blue House book, and might be the Landlord – need to approve a Yellow House Book is issued for that particular house, and also approve the name(s) in the Yellow House Book.

:smile:

Not wishing to stir the soup anymore but I have just asked Mrs E.

I GOT my yellow book from Pandon Tessaban near Kumpawhapi in Udon province.

I REPLACED my yellow book at the Amphur in Muang Udon Thani.

Looks like its a TIT situation.

Go with KhunPer and ask.:jap:

Since my divorce in Thailand, I've changed my address a couple of times, renting from Thai owners. In each case I changed the yellow book for a new one but the owner of the property had to sign and produce documents too, both for exit the old book and enter the new one. So if OP's tenant want's a yellow then my experience suggests the owner must be involved.

Edited by TKDfella

On 11/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, Scouse123 said:

Sorry,

When I built my house and as soon as the electricity was connected, the wife and I just went down to the Amphur and applied for books. She surrendered her existing book and got her new one the next day but I had to wait 6 weeks for a police check to be carried out. My brother in law went in and picked up the book when it became available.

I was on a multi non O at the time.