Lost Debit/credt Card Advice

robinb

I am on vacation in Thailand now for about 2.5 months and I jst lost my debit/credit card. I canceled my card already. I live in the USA.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get money from my bank to me quickly and preferably low cost? Also any advice on getting a card sent to me fast and most importantly reliably? I am on Koh Samui.

Thanks for the advice,

Rob

Having cancelled your bank cards I would follow up the cancellation with a fax or letter to your bank confirming the cancellation.. Just for good measure.

Did you ask if your bank can courier replacement cards to you?

Also does your bank have a facility to get emergency money to you overseas, my UK bank does and this is quite a standard facility.

It is likely that the best route is to open a local account and then send money to that account from your US bank.

I am on vacation in Thailand now for about 2.5 months and I jst lost my debit/credit card. I canceled my card already. I live in the USA.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get money from my bank to me quickly and preferably low cost? Also any advice on getting a card sent to me fast and most importantly reliably? I am on Koh Samui.

Thanks for the advice,

Rob

Visa, MC and Amex can all issue a replacement card for you here. Contact your bank and they will do the arrangements and let you know where to get it.