So whats wrong with your home country

Once Bitten

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Yes strange isn't it, all the guys who  are here in relationshps with Thai women who talk of 'sex tourists' with disgust. That is clearly what they were.

So  a guy who comes to Thailand looking for a relationship is classed as a sex tourist? I thought that was the guy who came for a couple of weeks holiday and spent his time bar fining hookers. Perhaps you can clear up my confusion?

Edited by giddyup

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Now you're an expert on middle aged English women as well as supposed "sex tourists"?

Well if someone comes to Thailand and ends up in a relationship with a Thai girl then i don't think that is an unreasonable comment. Ok i can see the counter arguments but it is effectively the same. I was on the dating scene n London for 10 years so whilst i am not an expert i have quite a lot of experience. Anyway please allow me a bit of poetic licence, you know what i mean. I think someone who comes here looking for a relationship is definitely a sex tourist. Someone who comes here for Business and happens to meet a Thai girl, ok maybe not so. I hope that clarifies

Edited by Gruff

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Well if someone comes to Thailand and ends up in a relationship with a Thai girl then i don't think that is an unreasonable comment. Ok i can see the counter arguments but it is effectively the same. I was on the dating scene n London for 10 years so whilst i am not an expert i have quite a lot of experience. Anyway please allow me a bit of poetic licence, you know what i mean.

When you talk out of your butt, expect to get called on it.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So  a guy who comes to Thailand looking for a relationship is classed as a sex tourist? I thought that was the guy who came for a couple of weeks holiday and spent his time bar fining hookers. Perhaps you can clear up my confusion?

This is just the 1st explanation of the term i saw on Google

Sex tourism, in which the main goal of a trip is to engage in sexual activity, often with prostitutes, is a booming global industry. 

6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

This is just the 1st explanation of the term i saw on Google

Sex tourism, in which the main goal of a trip is to engage in sexual activity, often with prostitutes, is a booming global industry. 

My advice, steer clear of topics you know nothing about.

Edited by giddyup

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You’re another one who knows everyone’s personal history. Some clever people on this forum for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes sure i accept your view and i was exaggerating (i  apologise for that) to make a point. But i think you know as well as i do that there is also a strong element of truth in what i have said

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Yes sure i accept your view and i was exaggerating (i  apologise for that) to make a point. But i think you know as well as i do that there is also a strong element of truth in what i have said

Now need to apologise. If you’re happy with those kind of assumptions then so be it. 

Personally I think there could be a variety of scenarios whereby someone met up and married a Thai lady without the assumption that they came here as a “sex tourist” but that’s just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Words from a xenophobe who feels at home in a xenophobe society. The average uneducated expat has spoken.

Typical !

Okay I will go back to my home country soon as all the muslims have left it. I don't think my education has anything to do with it anyone can see how our country's have been destroyed by highly educated politicians!!!

Edited by Destiny1990

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't want to live in the UK as a retiree, it's not the most densely populated place on earth. Vast areas are uninhabited, because the upper class keep it for themselves, which is why I despise the British class system. Just because great great great granddad exploited the peasants is no reason for them to be a mucky muck now.

I did not say the UK AND I did not say THE MOST but in just Europe alone England is the most densely populated but they say Malta ( with 400,000) and small is a little more , Netherlands is now less densely populated than England. I don't know your definition of "vastly unpopulated" but my def of it and many ( not all, not most maybe lol) would say you are wrong. The USA, and of course AUS and Canada and on and on and on come to mind as being more vastly unpopulated. England is quite small with 50 million or so people. Just in the USA 33 states out of 50 have a larger area and none even come close to having 50 million people. The history of England is so interesting and ancient and so respectable but I agree with you about great great great great grand dad but I fear when the children of them are selling off the land it is not to a fellow Englishman even though I know in many places like LOS a rich Englishman can't own land. I still think it's too bad that some of England is being sold off to others.  It's too pretty to be given away to foreign rich people. 

19 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Okay I will go back to my home country soon as all the muslims have left it. I don't think my education has anything to do with it anyone can see how our country's have been destroyed by highly educated politicians!!!

Ahaaaa thats a sensible post for a change. You understand cause and effect. 

46 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Now need to apologise. If you’re happy with those kind of assumptions then so be it. 

Personally I think there could be a variety of scenarios whereby someone met up and married a Thai lady without the assumption that they came here as a “sex tourist” but that’s just my opinion. 

And when the girl is 20 years or more younger? That appears to be the norm on TV.

4 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

10 years , thats nothing. Long sentences have no effect on crime. The blacks and hispanic gang

Members in America have a way of thinking that is they can be jailed but they can never be insulted. They will Kill you for a nickel. They go to jail, they have more horrible crimes higher status. Taking a weak young inmate (male) as their wife.

But didn't the 3 strikes law drastically cut the US crime rate with most of the testosteroned tatooed bums ending up in jail at their 3rd show ?

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

And when the girl is 20 years or more younger? That appears to be the norm on TV.

I am happy to admit to originally being a "sex tourist", as a red blood male I needed to,  particularly as not  attracted too much by the "blue rinse brigade" on offer back in Blighty.

3 minutes ago, dlodratsab said:

I am happy to admit to originally being a "sex tourist", as a red blood male I needed to,  particularly as not  attracted too much by the "blue rinse brigade" on offer back in Blighty.

I admit to  it also but i think it has wrongly become a very negative term , often being associated with a pervert. It is probably therefore natural that guys want to distance themselves from that term.

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

"undateable"?

Please explain.

Do you mean: "most middle aged English women are as ugly as most middle aged English men"?

Partly their body shape, more so personality and attitude. It doesn't worry me if face is not so pretty

Edited by Gruff

8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Partly their body shape, more so personality and attitude. It doesn't worry me if face is not so pretty

It's very hard to find similar aged English women with that easy going and accommodating attitude you find in LOS. Correction; you can find them but they tend to get snapped up in their 20s and stay married forever.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its Six to one and half a dozen to the other for me.... 

Women seems to be a common theme, but, IMO there is an abundance of attractive women back home, here in Thailand there is an abundance of slim women who are perhaps 'more available' to the average older guy which I can understand makes the difference for some. 

Yeah, but you couldn't get one, so you came here for a take out.

It may be that you are only able to draw that conclusion based on your own experiences, for others including myself and many of my friends work brought us here. Young males will naturally meet members of the opposite sex in any country.

But if your own experience is of coming here to find a woman I can understand why you are so jaded MaeJoeMTB, however, when you project such flawed opinions on others your intelligence must be brought into question as would that of any one who is of the belief that Western men (other posters) they've never met had no choice at home and only came to Thailand for a woman. 

10 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

J.C.  You Brits are getting as bad as the French!!  The only thing they know how to do very well is to whinge, whinge and whinge again.  And I know!  I live with them!  But I still prefer to live in Europe than Thailand.

I wouldn't want to live in LOS.  After 4 months I'm delighted to get back home for various reasons.  The two reasons I choose  Thailand, is for the warmth and it's cheap..  If I had money there are a lot of places I would choose for the winter.

I think another reason (not mentioned above and very understandably so) is that quite a few men have left rather 'sticky' (a nice way of putting it) situations in their home country.

The French "whine" too don't forget...

Education if you have kids is also a reason, but boarding schools that cost no more than Thai International Schools can be found in the UK.

Nothing "sticky" about me leaving, just a logical decision.

Weather, cost of utilities and many other things already mentioned.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's very hard to find similar aged English women with that easy going and accommodating attitude you find in LOS. Correction; you can find them but they tend to get snapped up in their 20s and stay married forever.

Wondering if "easy going and accommodating attitude" = I like walking ATM's veri veri much? 

8 hours ago, Gruff said:

Yes strange isn't it, all the guys who  are here in relationshps with Thai women who talk of 'sex tourists' with disgust. That is clearly what they were.

But they came here as young sex tourists!

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Same game, different lease agreement.

12 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"Personally my story is a well trodden path to my present situation , as a divorced man I came to Thailand on holiday after hearing about all the delights on offer . I fell in love , married and moved to Thailand permanently..."

Whenever I hear these stories, they're all missing something.

They always say they first came to LOS on "holiday".  Holiday from what?

You need a job in order to have a vacation.

People with jobs can't move to Thailand on a whim.

Most jobs in Western countries just aren't available to foreigners in Thailand.

So, that leaves the possibility of them being a bum, receiving an inheritance or involved in criminal activities.

Bums can't afford to "holiday" anywhere, really.

So that leaves the latter two. ?

So, either congratulations on falling out of the right womb or does your Thai family know you're involved in criminal activities? ?

Usually holiday from working their jobs - then when they retire, they come to live here... at least that is how it worked for most of the expats that I know... often, as they get towards retirement age, they start taking holidays with retirement in mind... others that I know were already retired, came for a holiday visit as retired people might do, and then decided often over the course of several visits that they wanted to stay..