I choose Thailand.....not sure why?

hugh mckee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, hugh mckee said:

yes I know I am being ridiculous and definitely is purchase anxiety, I considerd Spain but their tax issues scare the hell out of me and Cyprus which is good value but ultimately choose Thailand as this is where I almost always go on holiday, I was naive to the goings on in Thailand which I've since read on here and it was not for me a small purchse costing £175k and a one time opportunity for me, cost me more than my home in UK but to live  next to the sea in a new build with a unbroken sea view means you have to pay a large premium, I could have saved £50k by being half a mile away from the sea in an older property but I'm only doing this once and is an investment only in the quality of my life, not interested in making money and dieing a richer and unhappier man.

the same way I have been put off by what I've read on thaivisa I am encouraged by what I've read on this topic, I'm now back in the UK and guess where I wish I was right now? nowhere is perfect and most of the issues people complain about on here will not affect me, you only get one life, this isn't a practice, the years fly by and this is why I decided to buy my condo and make my quite boring and quiet life a bit more interesting and fun, you can say many things about pattaya but never boring or uninteresting,

nothing is perfect, I love Thailand, I hope I made the right choice, in future will try my best to ignore and not read the guys who have got absolutely nothing good to say about Thailand on here, I don't really get these guys? if thailand is so bad, why are they still in Thailand? why are they on a Thai forum? and why do I even take any notice of them???

thanks for all you comments.

My father retired on Cyprus so I visited there several times. Prefer LOS any day.

Your chance of buying by the sea there probably minimal to nil. Mainly hotels on the decent coast and the beaches were rubbish.

Very expensive and sod all to do unless you like sailing or drinking beer at the club.