15,000 tax rebate shopping incentive

Are you talking about ? 

Thai media has announced what many will see as welcome news from the government - you can claim your tax back on a soapy massage or a night at the karaoke lounge.

Sanook (Money) reported that the government's "Shop for the Country 2017" tax break scheme will include two of the country's most well-known vices.

The incentive will allow individual taxpayers to deduct up to 15,000 baht of taxable income for the purchase of goods and services from November 11th to December 3rd. 

This is the third year of the scheme. Last year it only included retailers and distributors but this year it has been expanded.

Patricia Mongkhonvanit, deputy director general of the Revenue Department and acting spokeswoman, confirmed the tax breaks applied to soapy massage and karaoke. 

The measures are designed to 'stimulate' the economy by encouraging spending and will likely cost the government 2 billion baht. 

However, those thinking of a night out to help the country should beware - the tax breaks don't apply to alcohol or cigarettes. 

Just food and soft drinks and other "services". 

Source: http://money.sanook.com/525225/

21 hours ago, blackcab said:

You need the tax invoice made out to you. The claim is made when you complete your PND91. If a refund is due you can be refunded by promptpay.

You will need to supply full details of all proof to the revenue department.

Can you specify what you mean by 'made out to you'. I understand this includes name, but anything else? Address (should it be my current address, office address?)? Is tax ID required?

And also: roughly speaking - what goods are included in the program? Is food at better restaurants covered? Plane tickets? Clothes? 

42 minutes ago, DrH said:

Can you specify what you mean by 'made out to you'. I understand this includes name, but anything else? Address (should it be my current address, office address?)? Is tax ID required?

And also: roughly speaking - what goods are included in the program? Is food at better restaurants covered? Plane tickets? Clothes? 

The tax invoice/receipt must contain your name and your home address. Ideally this address will match your tax card and work permit.

I've got no idea what goods are covered - my wife takes care of it for me.

Quoting from the Sherrings website: "An exemption from personal income tax for the amounts expended on purchases of goods or services.... 11 Nov to 3 Dec" 

As an example. Salary 50,000 per month. 600,000 per year

If tax rate is 5% tax: 5% x 600,000 = 30,000 tax per annum

Deduct this extra 15,000 personal allowance. Now pay 5% x 585,000 = 29,250 tax for the following year.

So you would only get a 750 THB tax reduction on spending 15,000?

Is my understanding correct?  

4 hours ago, pj123 said:

Quoting from the Sherrings website: "An exemption from personal income tax for the amounts expended on purchases of goods or services.... 11 Nov to 3 Dec" 

Deduct this extra 15,000 personal allowance. Now pay 5% x 585,000 = 29,250 tax for the following year.

Correct

19 hours ago, DrH said:

Our company accountant told us we need the our name, address and Tax ID number on the invoice

5 hours ago, pj123 said:

Sounds right to me if you only pay tax at 5% rate..

You will save the % amount according to the highest tax bracket you pay into..

for example if more than 15000 is in the 35% tax bracket then you'd save 35%

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

You must work a lot :)

Seriously though, what address does your tax certificate have on it? If it's the same address as your work permit then use that.

I do work a lot! :) I am pretty green about these things. I started working this year so I am not sure what tax certificate you are referring to. I guess, I will check with our accountant...

6 minutes ago, DrH said:

I do work a lot! :) I am pretty green about these things. I started working this year so I am not sure what tax certificate you are referring to. I guess, I will check with our accountant...

It looks like this. Your company got it from the revenue office.

20171119_072641.jpg