The days of skinny Thais are over - Thai women named second fattest in Asia

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I lost my wife once, I went to the police and said she weighs 45kl, black hair and brown eyes and wears flip flops. They were so useless in finding her.

about that tall, dark hair, olive complexion, speaks with an accent?

Being huge has become the "new normal" in Thailand that it is hard  to shop for fit blouses and dresses. They have the tendency to sell "pregnancy" clothes in many places in Thailand. Go to the bra section in a supermarket to see the cup sizes they sell: those sizes were not available 13 years ago.

7 hours ago, djayz said:

No. Just somebody who made an observation.

More like somebody with thin skin and does not like the facts. If the thread is too negative for you, then avoid it. Read  the replies on this thread, and there is only you and one other apologist who have made the wrong observation.

2 hours ago, Xiao said:

Being huge has become the "new normal" in Thailand that it is hard  to shop for fit blouses and dresses. They have the tendency to sell "pregnancy" clothes in many places in Thailand. Go to the bra section in a supermarket to see the cup sizes they sell: those sizes were not available 13 years ago.

Increase in cup sizes of bras has poor correlation to obesity. More related to the activities of Silicon Valley, Yanhee...

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

My Kiwi wife was reading some of her quiz questions out of Cosmo years ago, and she turned to me and asked,

"Have you ever had sex with a fat woman?" And She said it with a straight face too.....

I understand an affirmative response to the question " Does my bum look big in this?" ranks up there with walking tightropes between skyscrapers.

In this modern world of advertising, people have completely lost touch with the truth of things, like how to maintain weight. There's just so much mis-information out there that the overweight people will never find their way back to health. Let's hope they don't get to the situation, like Australian women, where they actually think fat is healthy!

10 hours ago, brling said:

More like somebody with thin skin and does not like the facts. If the thread is too negative for you, then avoid it. Read  the replies on this thread, and there is only you and one other apologist who have made the wrong observation.

The old "apologist" record is really and truely worn out. Can't you come up with something new, original and witty all in your own? 

Looking around, I don't see that many overweight women here. Maybe I'm living in a part of Thailand where the women avoid fast food, excessive amounts of alcohol and generally take care of themselves? 

Yes, there are overweight people in the land of smiles, but it most cerytainly isn't a serious problem.(yet) and it most certainly isn't even remotely close to the obesity issues a lot of people in the West have. 

7 minutes ago, djayz said:

The old "apologist" record is really and truely worn out. Can't you come up with something new, original and witty all in your own? 

Looking around, I don't see that many overweight women here. Maybe I'm living in a part of Thailand where the women avoid fast food, excessive amounts of alcohol and generally take care of themselves? 

Yes, there are overweight people in the land of smiles, but it most cerytainly isn't a serious problem.(yet) and it most certainly isn't even remotely close to the obesity issues a lot of people in the West have. 

Wise up to the facts, ie Thais are the second fattest in Asia. If the thread is too negative for your thin skin then avoid it, dont live in denial.

8 minutes ago, brling said:

Wise up to the facts, ie Thais are the second fattest in Asia. If the thread is too negative for your thin skin then avoid it, dont live in denial.

Yawn... 

20 hours ago, AWillOz said:

In this modern world of advertising, people have completely lost touch with the truth of things, like how to maintain weight. There's just so much mis-information out there that the overweight people will never find their way back to health. Let's hope they don't get to the situation, like Australian women, where they actually think fat is healthy!

third wave feminism absolves them of any fault for their lifestyle and says big is beautiful. fortunately for big aussie girls there are many flights to bali and many beach boys to service them for a fee.

Wille i agree that it is sad to se Thai people becoming fat and especially no education and government information campaigns to teach people how to live healthy and remedy to the problem. We must remember that most writing here are way fater, and we can thank the farlangs for this kind of evolution.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, futsukayoi said:

Genes don't make you fat  (despite any potential).  You only get fat by eating more than you burn off through exercise and lifestyle.

??????????????? Putting fat on is indeed a genetic factor in races that lived in places where food was not always plentiful. They put fat on in times of plenty to survive when it was scarce. My father was slim till he died in his 90s, while my mother, who ate the same food ( she cooked it for him ) became fat.

Some people have a higher metabolism than others and can eat the same food and do the same amount ( or less ) of exercise without getting fat as someone that does get fat. I know people like that.

11 hours ago, dtaanic said:

Wille i agree that it is sad to se Thai people becoming fat and especially no education and government information campaigns to teach people how to live healthy and remedy to the problem. We must remember that most writing here are way fater, and we can thank the farlangs for this kind of evolution.

True, and we can blame the Americans as it's all American chain restaurants that introduced bad food and American soft drink companies that introduced sugar water to Thailand.

When I arrived some years ago a fat Thai was unusual, but now it's as common as rice. The real pity is the obese kids that will suffer for it.

Even the countryside is not immune- every shop is full of saturated fat and sugar loaded snack food.

• 3 weeks later...