Western Women vs Thai Women

Brunolem

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 12:09 PM, Thai Ron said:

I love it how it's always Western women "doing what they do" while the presumably innocent Western men who've "only ever done right" by their combative wives look on in bewilderment.

Maybe long haul flights and package holidays hadn't been invented when you were young :tongue: but they've been perfectly affordable for the last 15-20 years.

I'm seeing a hell of a lot of younger Western guys on holiday in Bangkok, most of whom still head home to marry their Western girlfriends despite having been in the presence of these "Holy Grail" Thai women you seem to rate so highly.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no coincidence that old, retired Western men should gush so enthusiastically about the only women that will actually have anything to do with them.

LOL.

In my experience, western women marry for having children and men marry for sex. Therefore once women have the children they can turn off the good stuff, as they achieved their goal, but the man got done.

It's also true in many cases that women marry bad men, and then decide they made a mistake. Essentially, women change and men don't. My western ex first married an abusive drunk because she thought she "could change him"! News flash- women can't change men any more than men can change women. Mostly they don't want the woman to change, which is a forlorn hope.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

I've been travelling for the past 25 years. 

Most younger western guys are with their significant other so never get the chance to try. I so pity them as they trail around with their future ex wife.

I don't think Thai women are the "holy grail" of woman kind, just better than the western variety when it comes to a sexual relationship. If I was after the holy grail, I'd be in Japan.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no coincidence that old, retired Western men should gush so enthusiastically about the only women that will actually have anything to do with them.

I fail to understand why that would be a problem for you. It's none of your business what other men do.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, Thai Ron said:

You're only considered old if you're trying to pull the same women you were chasing when you were 25 now you're 50+

Why would any young Western woman want a man old enough to be her father?

If you're looking for women round about your age minus 5 or 10, there's no reason you can't meet someone attractive.

Chances are the man will have kids of his own - why is there this need for women to be unencumbered by baggage from previous relationships when blokes have plenty of their own?

It's not like most men come out of marriages all pristine and shiny like they haven't aged a day ....

If more men took a long, hard look in the mirror, they'd realise that they're not much cop themselves.

OK, fair enough

WOW, IMO you really have no idea about why men come to Thailand and sometimes get married.

If you're looking for women round about your age minus 5 or 10, there's no reason you can't meet someone attractive.

Are you taking the piss?

why is there this need for women to be unencumbered by baggage from previous relationships when blokes have plenty of their own?

Are you claiming to not know the reason for that, seriously? It's obvious to most of us.

If more men took a long, hard look in the mirror, they'd realise that they're not much cop themselves.

You are apparently saying that because a guy isn't "much cop" he has to get involved with unattractive old western women with kids that they love more than him.

Seriously? You really believe that?

On 12/8/2017 at 12:37 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

In my experience, western women marry for having children and men marry for sex. Therefore once women have the children they can turn off the good stuff, as they achieved their goal, but the man got done.

I fail to understand why that would be a problem for you. It's none of your business what other men do.

"Men marry for sex"??!!

To me, the whole marriage thing was insanity because it meant you had to shag one woman for the rest of your days.

Guess I dodged a bullet, then

Women "turn off the good stuff?? 

I think I'm beginning to understand what's at the root of your past issues with women.

If the man "got done", he was a mug to begin with and married for the wrong reasons

Who said it was "a problem".

It isn't any of my business but if I choose to laugh at the convenience of the delusion these men have created for themselves, there's not much you can do to stop me.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

WOW, IMO you really have no idea about why men come to Thailand and sometimes get married.

Are you taking the piss?

why is there this need for women to be unencumbered by baggage from previous relationships when blokes have plenty of their own?

Are you claiming to not know the reason for that, seriously? It's obvious to most of us.

You are apparently saying that because a guy isn't "much cop" he has to get involved with unattractive old western women with kids that they love more than him.

Seriously? You really believe that?

1.God you're needy, aren't you? A woman has to give everything to you - even in your advanced years. You ain't catnip any more - get over it. 

2. No I'm not taking the piss.

I'm 49 and I'm seeing a 40 year old architect; what the hell would I want with a 24 year old dolly bird?

But if I was in London, there are plenty of good looking 40+ year old women who take care of themselves.

So bloody what if they've got kids? So have I 

It's not like I'd have to support them, is it?

3. No, it ain't obvious to me

4. No, that's not what I said at all. Looking in the mirror would introduce an element of realism into their targeting mechanism.

Would you love a new woman more than you love your kids????

Why in God's name would you expect a woman to love some balding, portly old man more than she loves her own kids????

Or is that just your neediness spilling over everything you write?

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, Thai Ron said:

1.God you're needy, aren't you? A woman has to give everything to you - even in your advanced years. You ain't catnip any more - get over it. 

2. No I'm not taking the piss.

I'm 49 and I'm seeing a 40 year old architect; what the hell would I want with a 24 year old dolly bird?

But if I was in London, there are plenty of good looking 40+ year old women who take care of themselves.

It's not like I'd have to support them, is it?

3. No, it ain't obvious to me

4. No, that's not what I said at all. Looking in the mirror would introduce an element of realism into their targeting mechanism.

Why in God's name would you expect a woman to love some balding, portly old man more than she loves her own kids????

A woman has to give everything to you

No, she just has to give as much to me as I give to her.

what the hell would I want with a 24 year old dolly bird?

That explains everything. You need say no more.

Now you are definitely taking the piss. I lived there for 10 years and rarely saw a woman that fits that description

I don't, and I have no desire to take care of another man's offspring. Did it once- never again

No, that's not what I said at all. Looking in the mirror would introduce an element of realism into their targeting mechanism.

What has realism got to with it? I want to do things other than have a philosophical discussion with a woman, and looking like my granny is a big turn off.

You still come across as saying just because I look less appealing than Brad Pitt I have to hook up with an ugly old woman, when in LOS I can have a DDG younger model. WHY would I do so?

I chose not to have kids, so that's not relevant. Why do you assume I have any?

I don't, which is why I'd never get involved with a woman that has any. When I was looking for a Thai wife, I rejected any that either had, or wanted kids. This was all discussed before and agreed to by my wife to be.

If I was "needy" I'd be fooling around with a nice woman right now, instead of banging away on the computer. It's not like they are hard to find, is it?

I'm quite happy with my own company thanks and been so since I got divorced, because I choose to be alone.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:31 PM, Thai Ron said:

You ain't catnip any more - get over it. 

Older men looking for younger women is as...old...as humanity!

Westerners coming to Thailand haven't invented anything, neither are they special...it is just that the order of things has changed in the West.

If you are rich and famous, everyone will applaud if you marry a woman 40 years younger, but if you are not, then you are some kind of pervert...go figure...

In most men there is a "father figure", a complex mix between being a lover and a father, as in a "protector".

Just look at how Westerners behave with their Thai girlfriends...you will see much more "papas" than "sexual beasts".

In Europe, with the advent of "equality", whatever that means, women want to be treated like...women, which is not very different as being treated like...men! Some will even take offense if the man is too galant (open the door, hold the chair, pay the bill...)...that is so "passé" !

Many men are not comfortable with that, and that doesn't make them devious, or pervert, or anything...either they are comfortable or they are not...it is not something they coldly decide, it is a deep feeling that they can't shake away...

23 hours ago, Brunolem said:

If you are rich and famous, everyone will applaud if you marry a woman 40 years younger, but if you are not, then you are some kind of pervert...go figure...

In most men there is a "father figure", a complex mix between being a lover and a father, as in a "protector".

Just look at how Westerners behave with their Thai girlfriends...you will see much more "papas" than "sexual beasts".

In Europe, with the advent of "equality", whatever that means, women want to be treated like...women, which is not very different as being treated like...men! Some will even take offense if the man is too galant (open the door, hold the chair, pay the bill...)...that is so "passé" !

I don't remember a lot of hate against Hugh Heffner with his dolly birds even when he was almost dead, and they were deffo not with him for his looks.

My ex had a strange knack of making me want to protect her. Explains why I stayed so much longer than I should have. Never felt it with a western woman.

I don't mind the western women that want to be treated like equals- it's the ones that want equality in marriage, work and pay, then expect men to pay for dinner and be chivalrous that annoy me immensely.

There is something very strange going on when a woman wears a revealing dress so she can thrust her boobs in my face but accuses me of being a sexist pig if I look.

I once attended a course with both men and women, and I was completely stunned at how much the women used "sex appeal" to get preferential treatment from the instructors.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:48 AM, Ulysses G. said:

In general, I prefer Thai women, but people are individuals. Some are good and some are bed. Also true of Western women. wai.gif

I'll take whomever will have me that's young and slim, at this stage in my life it's only non-western women.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

On 11/28/2017 at 12:36 PM, Thai Ron said:

What happens if the marriage to the Thai fails?

Do, say, Latino women suddenly become the new Holy Grail?

Latino women are definitely on my 'to do' list, if the Thai marriage fails.

And Filipino women which are a Thai/Latino half way step.

This is clearly a thread of generalizations...  so I'll bring a couple into the melee

If you were attracting intelligent attractive women in your home countries you can probably attract the same here in Thailand and anywhere else. 

If you couldn't attract intelligent attractive women in your home countries its more than likely you haven't here in Thailand and have instead 'settled'... 

No criticism in that, but there are a number of guys who seem to be of the opinion that Western women are fat / ugly etc... They are not - there a loads of approachable hot, intelligent, fun Western Women... these women don't put up with over opinionated alpha wannabe's though.. they expect equality and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Equally so, there are a number of guys who seem to be of the opinion that Thai women are all hot... that's not what I see. In the shopping Malls, offices etc the women are remarkably 'under average' in my opinion...

....as with any country there are always a number of Gems, but being 'Slim' and being available is not attractive.... its simply being available to those who may otherwise not have options.

So.. Western Women Vs Thai Women >> ???...  There really isn't a great deal of difference in my opinion.

I'm married to a Thai lady, but thats simply because I was living here in Thailand (work), had I been in the UK, or US, Europe, Africa or anywhere else I imagine I'd be quite happy with an intelligent, fun, smart, hot, attractive lady from any of those places and the same goes for many guys here in Thailand, perhaps with the exception of those who came here because they were lonely and looking for a second chance at company... Nothing wrong in that either - but it doesn't make Thai women more attractive than Western, it just makes them more available. 

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Latino women are definitely on my 'to do' list, if the Thai marriage fails.

And Filipino women which are a Thai/Latino half way step.

You might want to add add Kazhak women to that list, very mixed heritage, you have the ethnic race, German emigrants, Russians, Koreans plus others who originated from Latvian country's as well as and mixed ethic group. Some of the most stunning women I have ever seen and educationally probably one of the highest university rates in the world because the government sponsors them to study in Europe. Most are at least bi-lingual with a lot who speak 3 or 4 languages. Not too many single blokes who come here leave single and age gaps are very acceptable. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is clearly a thread of generalizations...  so I'll bring a couple into the melee

If you were attracting intelligent attractive women in your home countries you can probably attract the same here in Thailand and anywhere else. 

If you couldn't attract intelligent attractive women in your home countries its more than likely you haven't here in Thailand and have instead 'settled'... 

No criticism in that, but there are a number of guys who seem to be of the opinion that Western women are fat / ugly etc... They are not - there a loads of approachable hot, intelligent, fun Western Women... these women don't put up with over opinionated alpha wannabe's though.. they expect equality and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Equally so, there are a number of guys who seem to be of the opinion that Thai women are all hot... that's not what I see. In the shopping Malls, offices etc the women are remarkably 'under average' in my opinion...

....as with any country there are always a number of Gems, but being 'Slim' and being available is not attractive.... its simply being available to those who may otherwise not have options.

So.. Western Women Vs Thai Women >> ???...  There really isn't a great deal of difference in my opinion.

I'm married to a Thai lady, but thats simply because I was living here in Thailand (work), had I been in the UK, or US, Europe, Africa or anywhere else I imagine I'd be quite happy with an intelligent, fun, smart, hot, attractive lady from any of those places and the same goes for many guys here in Thailand, perhaps with the exception of those who came here because they were lonely and looking for a second chance at company... Nothing wrong in that either - but it doesn't make Thai women more attractive than Western, it just makes them more available. 

Penfold look a likes do better in thailand than they do in western society. Even fat penfold lads are doing ok. You know the type. Geeky lads but not cool geeks, that's a new thing. Penfold look a likes always look a bit embarressed when I see them. Mrs is an 8 and there a 3 type.

It's not too often but I've seen it.

Penfold do ok here and that's why there's a lit of them.

Western woman vs. Thai woman ?

I had the privilge to be married to both (20/13 years, a total of 33 years).
After that, I decided to stay single. Ever since, I am having a great life:
- I do what I like to do, I go where I like to go and I don't have to "counsult" with no one. Found out, that whatever a woman can do (household-wise), I can do just as good.

As other desires are concerned: I don't buy books anymore, I go to the library and gladly return the book when I have read it.

No, I am not leading a life as an old lonely man, rather a man that is in control of his own destiny. Free of leaches and  opportunists that claim they have only "my best interest at heart".

Still, sometimes I am asked by friends " Don't you feel the need to be loved and return the love received? Basically yes, but since "love" is merely an electrical/chemical process that is taking place in our brains, not knowing how long it will endure. The attempt, to uphold this "chemical-process" in the brain called "love" longer by way of an official marriage-certificate is an exercise in futility.

-All behind me, no re-run. Must close now, I am heading for the library. They received some new books, I hear.
Cheers.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite

Some of the guys here actually got married because they were convinced it guaranteed them sex on demand for the rest of their lives. :clap2:

Then they discovered that Western women don't generally like being treated as inanimate semen receptacles and subjected to 1930s attitudes on  gender roles.

They hail Thai women as being more deferential and "knowing their place" but, if you pull them to one side, they'll quietly admit that 

pretty much any female who lives on 5 dollars a day and can be easily manipulated by money will do.

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Penfold look a likes do better in thailand than they do in western society. Even fat penfold lads are doing ok. You know the type. Geeky lads but not cool geeks, that's a new thing. Penfold look a likes always look a bit embarressed when I see them. Mrs is an 8 and there a 3 type.

It's not too often but I've seen it.

Penfold do ok here and that's why there's a lit of them.

Is that English?

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Must close now, I am heading for the library. They received some new books, I hear.

The library?

I heard they had one in Alexandria, Egypt, but wasn't it destroyed?

Or are you living in a parallel universe?

The library?

Funnily enough I was in the uk recently and needed to print a doc from a flash drive, went to the local library, there were more computers than books in there.

Although, I think the library aforementioned has a different appeal other than books !!

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

had I been in the UK, or US, Europe, Africa or anywhere else I imagine I'd be quite happy with an intelligent, fun, smart, hot, attractive lady from any of those places and the same goes for many guys here in Thailand, perhaps with the exception of those who came here because they were lonely and looking for a second chance at company... Nothing wrong in that either - but it doesn't make Thai women more attractive than Western, it just makes them more available. 

It is not that Thai women are more attractive, but rather that many men are attracted by these women who, among other things, represent the dream, the fantasy, of the tropical paradise...this goes back to the times of the Bounty...

I worked in central Africa and was never attracted by women over there.

On the other hand, my first girlfriend was from Colombia...we all have our preferences...

The strange thing is not to have Western men coming to Thailand because they are attracted by the local women, but to have a significant number of them being here even though they are NOT attracted by these women!

As a matter of fact, I have known quite a few guys, notably in Pattaya, who were there for the Russian women!

Some even go as far as making them come from Russia, all expenses paid of course, to satisfy their needs.

Go figure...

Ever been to New guinea,the women there well  all i can say is they are not attractive,in fact i have seen tree stumps that hold more appeal,in fact I noted Carruther's taking an unhealthy view of me washing in the river on our last gold prospecting trip,i had to push the writing table between the two beds we shared in the tent,in case some unatural desire's overcame him during his slumber,he would frequently moan and thrash around in his sleep,it i must say unsettled me,i decided to have a seperate tent,which was better but of course fibre,that started my chafing problems again.

On 12.12.2017 at 4:56 AM, Brunolem said:

The library?

I would consider myself fortunate if I could get my hands on scriptures of the old Alexandria Library. These days, I have to settle for "Books" produced and printed in Thailand. HeHe!
Cheers.

On 12.12.2017 at 5:06 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Funnily enough I was in the uk recently and needed to print a doc from a flash drive, went to the local library, there were more computers than books in there.

Although, I think the library aforementioned has a different appeal other than books !!

Bless you. You have discovered, that when I mentioned "Books" I actually meant <deleted/censured>......
It has to do with "renting" in the broader sense.
Cheers.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Define "attract". The only attraction one needs in LOS is a full wallet, whereas in the west one ALSO needs the looks of a god, the car of a millionaire and the house of a billionaire. An age near that of the woman is also essential, but if rich enough that is unnecessary eg Hugh Heffner. 

In the real world EVERYONE settles, as perfection is unknown.

No criticism in that, but there are a number of guys who seem to be of the opinion that Western women are fat / ugly etc... They are not -

LOL. They are fat. Perhaps you ain't been back there a while, but the number of fatties well outnumbers the slim ones now. Go back 30 years and not so much.

there a loads of approachable hot, intelligent, fun Western Women... these women don't put up with over opinionated alpha wannabe's though.. they expect equality and there is nothing wrong with that. 

No, they want to be treated with chivalry AS WELL AS equality.

I agree with that, but Central in Chiang Mai has loads of Thai hotties. For some reason there are less good looking women around in LOS now than 30 years ago.

I'll take slim and available over available with conditions any time, and fatties never. Perhaps you want to have discussions about philosophy with yours, but I'm not interested in talking to them anyway. If I want a conversation with a female I have platonic female friends.

Glad you said in YOUR opinion. IMO there is a world of difference. I just won't even consider a western woman in a romantic sense anymore. They are just too polluted by PC, and I'm not into getting accused of something heinous just because I annoyed one. 

NB I consider an Asian woman that lives in the west to also be polluted by PC.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, Brunolem said:

The strange thing is not to have Western men coming to Thailand because they are attracted by the local women, but to have a significant number of them being here even though they are NOT attracted by these women!

As a matter of fact, I have known quite a few guys, notably in Pattaya, who were there for the Russian women!

Some even go as far as making them come from Russia, all expenses paid of course, to satisfy their needs.

Go figure...

I knew an American guy who was into Russian girls.  We'd visit Pattaya and that's all he talked about.  But it wasn't that they were Russians, it's that he wanted to nail a hot young white girl.  Because for an older guy, hot young white girls in the west are simply out-of-reach (unless you're a Harvey Weinstein from back in the day).  Funny but most guys know that these girls are not "relationship" material...yet, they can't make that distinction with Thai girls. 

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Define "attract". The only attraction one needs in LOS is a full wallet, whereas in the west one ALSO needs the looks of a god, the car of a millionaire and the house of a billionaire. An age near that of the woman is also essential, but if rich enough that is unnecessary eg Hugh Heffner. 

You forgot enough money to pay them off when the relationship ended, and support any kids for the next 19 years.

You also forgot the difficulties in avoiding 'regret rape' et al accusations 30 years later.

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't to be rich and/or a Brad Pitt lookalike to get attractive women in the west. 

An awful lot of distinctly average looking guys with charm, a keen mind or a killer senses of humour back home with super-hot women.

I can only assume that you're doing your best to distill it down to money and looks because you lacked both in sufficient quantities to make an impact.

58 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

You don't to be rich and/or a Brad Pitt lookalike to get attractive women in the west. 

An awful lot of distinctly average looking guys with charm, a keen mind or a killer senses of humour back home with super-hot women.

That obviously depends on everyone's definition of "attractive".

Western "hotties" have little in (physical) common with a nice looking provincial Thai woman.

For the most part, beautiful Western women were raised by a financially successfull father who married a trophy wife...then genetics did their part.

You won't see that many hotties in Flint, Michigan, or Nanterre, France, or whatever factory worker's suburb.

This means that, even if you don't have good looks, you for sure need to have an income high enough to provide the lady with the kind of life she has always known.

I know that many people answer that beautiful Western women marry well to do men because they are smart...the famous connection between being smart and making a lot of money...which probably explains why the hottest of them marry football players and their famous (damaged) brain power.

In Thailand, artificial breeding is very limited and nature still provides even the poorest families with beautiful children and, to be honest, it is easier to make a poor woman happy than a rich one...

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

For the most part, beautiful Western women were raised by a financially successfull father who married a trophy wife...then genetics did their part.

Yeah, you just pulled that "fact" out of your backside and the stench prevented me reading any further.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Yeah, you just pulled that "fact" out of your backside and the stench prevented me reading any further.

Here is an interesting and serious article, albeit probably offensive for sensitive readers...

First, a short quote:

"Men prefer beautiful women for both long-term and short-term mating, whereas women prefer handsome men only for short-term mating (casual affairs and one-night stands), not for long-term mating, for which other traits, such as wealth and status, become more important"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201101/beautiful-people-have-more-daughters