FYI, Driveway Cleaning

luudee

Hi Guys,

This is just an FYI post, hopefully, it will be helpful for others.

For years I have been looking for a way to clean my driveway. No cleaner would do it. I was successful

once using hydrochloric acid, but that was not a good solution. Now, finally, I tried this little sandblaster

attachment for my Karcher.  Look at the pictures, freaking amazing !!!

The attachment I bought on eBay, for $30 USD, including shipping. They have them for many different brands.

Cheers,

luudee

20171116_112422_resized.thumb.jpg.a3b7a33b3ea4337a233e7fbb7a2b6ef7.jpg20171116_112428_resized.thumb.jpg.73b18e6951a2358d6b64a70b14422d64.jpg

20171116_112434_resized.jpg

Edited by luudee

On 11/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, TheMekon said:

I'd been considering one of these myself. Good to see it works well. Next step is to find a good quality sealer to prevent the mold and dirt returning.

It's not mold. It's more of a calcium (I have a well) and dirt deposit. Mould could be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide (that's

what I use in bathrooms). Dirt could also be cleaned with just the pressure cleaner without sand. But these tiles (as well as

sand wash) seem to attract some hard deposits that can not be easily removed.

luudee :)

4 minutes ago, topt said:

OP I may be missing something but how is that any different to using the the "standard" spray attachment for your pressure washer?

It adds sand. See the clear tube that goes into the sand bucket?   Think of it as a poor mans sandblaster !  :) 

luudee

On 11/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, TheMekon said:

I'd been considering one of these myself. Good to see it works well. Next step is to find a good quality sealer to prevent the mold and dirt returning.

After cleaning last year I started to use 'besbond" so far it appears to be doing a good job, will see after another year or so?

6.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 12:10 PM, CGW said:

After cleaning last year I started to use 'besbond" so far it appears to be doing a good job, will see after another year or so?

6.jpg

That's a good point. I have been wondering about a sealer. The tiles I have a composite type "Kenzai" brand. But the grout is plain concrete/cement. 

luudee