Hands off our kids - joint PR campaign between FBI and Chonburi cops comes to Walking Street

rooster59

A post has been removed :

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

22 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Utterly pathetic. Been in Thailand for 30 years, including a lot of time spent in Pattaya, and I've never witnessed or been offered any form of under age activity.

Back in 2005 or 06 I was in a well known bar on the ocean side of Walking Street and a young lady was offered to me, very small and looked young as well, I asked for her ID card, Never saw her again, they are out there, or used to be, I don't do WS anymore.

13 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Walking Street is the last place where they are going to find underage sex activity.  It's simply too public.

The RTP and FBI should be focusing on matters like:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1011598-21-men-identified-in-girl%E2%80%99s-forced-prostitution-case/

and similar cases to:

Aunt caught selling sexual services of 15 year old niece while mother at work

http://pattayaone.news/en/sexual-services-15-year-old/

The RTP needs all the help they can get to undercover criminal activity, so I understand why the FBI is helping. Perhaps the FBI can educate and train RTP, after trying to do things the Thai way.

The sad part of these articles is that the RTP/DSI get involved in gathering evidence or making an arrest, after receiving a complaint or tip from a third or 4th party. I've never seen a news article state that the RTP were pro-active. Like in the pattayaone.news article, reacted to "a tip from the Paveena Foundation".

Maybe the FBI could help the RTP start to uncover or discover  criminal activity, efficiently and effectively, without waiting for a complaint or tip?

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Back in 2005 or 06 I was in a well known bar on the ocean side of Walking Street and a young lady was offered to me, very small and looked young as well, I asked for her ID card, Never saw her again, they are out there, or used to be, I don't do WS anymore.

Any sane guy would consider a girl that looked young would be trouble. Sometimes they "borrow" their sisters ID card, and of course, the cops don't care what age the ID card says she is if she is too young. Too easy to go with a guy and then blackmail for money.

Having said that I once went with a girl that looked early 20s and found out she was over 30.

8 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

What does an FBI operative look like.  Usually, they remain anonymous, so how do we know he is from the FBI?

I believe that determination was made by the news source solely on the basis of that guy being the only official-looking white guy in the photo... That kind of screams FBI, doesn't it??? :smile:

On 11/18/2017 at 2:38 AM, BuaBS said:

The FBI should keep themselves to their own country ! Thailand is not a US state .

Maybe the FBI where asked for help as in their country policing works, here the kids themselves could do a better job.

But we have to ask why the peds seem to flock here and stay for a long time before the FBI grass them up and get them arrested?

So maybe more FBI needed.

Funny they try to promote this campaign in walking street , maybe PM and the "high ranked officials"  has a secret dream to demolish all of WS and turn Pattaya into something else , no bar girls , no go go clubs . That should solve all the problems , not. 

8 hours ago, balo said:

Funny they try to promote this campaign in walking street , maybe PM and the "high ranked officials"  has a secret dream to demolish all of WS and turn Pattaya into something else , no bar girls , no go go clubs . That should solve all the problems , not. 

Pure deflection; the sham that tourists are solely to blame for a problem that is predominately a Thai people issue, that the BiB continually fail to address.

Edited by Belzybob
Typo

Why is the child in the picture European. 

They are in Thailand , walking on walking street, where most if not all of the child enslavers and procurers are thai. Why is the man in the picture European. 

When are thai going to face facts that thai are part of the problem of child abuse. 

On 11/19/2017 at 2:25 PM, Banana7 said:

Maybe the FBI could help the RTP start to uncover or discover  criminal activity, efficiently and effectively, without waiting for a complaint or tip?

Yeah, well the FBI tried that and offered shitloads of money per arrest. Thais went nuts and arrested people on totally spurious grounds to collect the rewards, not to mention deliberately sending kids out as bait, with the FBIs knowledge. The three FBI agents running that debacle all got recalled and are facing very lengthy jail terms at home. Along with the entire Women and Children's Protection division, that used to be at Banglamung, (Pattaya) cop shop that all got fired too.

FBI should stay the hell away from foreign law enforcement. Especially since they don't truly understand the concept of abiding by the law themselves.