Transfering Visa From An Old Passport In A New One

Hmmm... Strange. I have the opposite exprerience. Because an application is just what you need to fill in, I don't know any numbers but you just go to the third or if it was the fourth floor, Immigration, Soi Suan Plu and there are applications to take just outside the door to the room where you also report your passport lost / stolen. Don't forget to copy relevant pages in your passport. I didn't know that was required, so I had to go outside again. Opposite the immigration building there are a few enterpresing photocopy services.

I have the opposite exprerience. Because an application is just what you need to fill in, I don't know any numbers but you just go to the third or if it was the fourth floor, Immigration, Soi Suan Plu

That is for lost passport and on 4th floor next to 90 day reporting. But poster has his passport; only needs to transfer information into new one. Believe that is done on 3rd floor and officer does paperwork. But it would be a good idea to stop at the photo copier places, or at the kiosk on ground floor, to get required copies. They know what is required and cost is very low. On last visit they even had a fast food stand inside immigration area.

No need for a form. The chop you old p/port in Thai showing that transfer was done to new one number ........

Once the officer was a bit upset, as my old one was not voided (The embassy had adviced me to still use it as not expired) I solved the problem by cutting off the edges myself.

Recently, the embassy issues a letter confirming that the new p/port was issued by them.

I always transfer at BKK - imm. offices, groundfloor, same section in charge for yearly extension of my visa, free of charge, and I do this at least once a year when the pages are used up.

Re-entry last time was 'copied' into the new p/port at re-entry-counter, free of charge, as well.

Ok, I don't want to argue with anyone. But fact is, a few months ago I needed a new passport since my old one was full. Transfer the visa from an old passport to a new passport was what this thread was about, and that was also the meaning in my reply. I never stated that my passport was lost, only that it is the same room they are handling these matters.

So if things have changed since january, ok fine. But I do needed to fill in a form and submit several photocopies of my passport. And yes, I also needed that paper from my embassy stating that I want to transfer the visa stamp. I forgot to mention that.

Ok, I don't want to argue with anyone. But fact is, a few months ago

Guess you are right. :o Old age and eye strain getting me as when you wrote lost passports assumed that was what you had. Sorry.

Ok, I don't want to argue with anyone. ...

Sure, we are not arguing. In fact many things are mysterious.

Many of the officers are there for quite a while. So when myself or my (Thai) staff hands over the old and new, may be the officer just says "OK, I do it".

Somebody mentioned the 4th floor, perhaps different rules up there. :o

Same for re-entry, for years I was told it cannot be transfrred, must buy a new one. Last September same story, until I mentioned that even the Vietnam - embassy transferred their visa. "

Vietnam? OK, we cn do! I love these little games :D and saved 3900 Baht.

Ok, I don't want to argue with anyone. But fact is, a few months ago I needed a new passport since my old one was full. Transfer the visa from an old passport to a new passport was what this thread was about, and that was also the meaning in my reply. I never stated that my passport was lost, only that it is the same room they are handling these matters.

So if things have changed since january, ok fine. But I do needed to fill in a form and submit several photocopies of my passport. And yes, I also needed that paper from my embassy stating that I want to transfer the visa stamp. I forgot to mention that.

Return to Thailand, and present BOTH passports. Not a problem. ( and NO FORMS )