On Nut BTS this morning Nov. 21st ???

BobTH

Yes basically  because the BTS is so popular...... You know the BTS, the one the embittered farang posters always told us that couldn't be built by Thais,

Then they told us no Thais  would use...........

It confects up with the underground service....

You Know the one underground rail, that Farang posters told us couldn't be built by Thais..

And of course no one would use

...Well that now it goes out to one of Asia Busiest Airports

You know the Airport the one Farang...etc....etc....etc.....

./

Anyway hold this space.....

while the farangs tell us about the new High speed Rail link

You Know the one that Thais could never build.....etc etc

Torment pessimists by topping up their glass while their backs are turned...

Edited by sanuk711

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes basically  because the BTS is so popular...... You know the BTS, the one the embittered farang posters always told us that couldn't be built by Thais,

You Know the one underground rail, that Farang posters told us couldn't be built by Thais..gs tell us about the new High speed Rail link

Built by Ital Thai with German (Siemens) technology. The owners were just the customers, it could never have been completely Thai in origin or execution, just not possible. Which is why Chinese and Japanese technology is needed for the new railways, Thais will get the jobs of laying the track and driving the trains!

Edited by Orton Rd

Just now, Orton Rd said:

Built by Ital Thai with German (Siemens) technology.

I know that Orton---just as the High Speed rail will be built by the most experienced country in the world----a country that has built over 44,000 klms of it.

That doesn't stop the posters tipping rubbish on the  Thais about it----and it didn't stop them when they were building all the other projects.

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

You Know the one underground rail, that Farang posters told us couldn't be built by Thais..

./

What a joke, which BTS line runs out to the Airport?   Lots of bitching but not much fact...

Edited by GLewis

Yeah, I never get the haters wanting failure.

I love all of it BTS, MRT, Airport link never witnessed a stopage or problem.

But to answer about Oh Nuts the place is a zoo.  Wait for everything.

Must have been 70 people standing on one soi the other day waiting for their motorbike ride.

Why? Because it is cheaper.  Loads of 4 to 5000 b apartments down those sois.

51 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Must have been 70 people standing on one soi the other day waiting for their motorbike ride.

I moved to condo near on nut bts. You are correct that the condos are cheap, the street food is cheap, talaats are cheap and when the mall is finished the on nut area will be perfect for me. But the bts IMO is easier to catch at On Nut also. At on nut 99.9 percent of the time you can get on the bts. By the time you reach thong lor many times the bts is overfull with no room for new boarders.  I miss the Nana area sometimes and I don’t have to count pennies but On nut is great.  

most the haters are struggling financially. poor cash flow leads to the biggest problems in life, lots of divorces and bitterness.

financially secure people have very little to bitch about. beautiful condos in desirable areas and fine dining and fine lady's.

I say let the haters rot in their misery

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

./

You mean the system the Thais built that was not designed to cope with demand from a city of over eight million, and is overcrowded all day long and which people have to fight to get on during the peak hours and/or let several trains go by because the trains are too short? That one?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

7 hours ago, GLewis said:

11 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

./

I should have added, as the shiny new airport is mentioned, it was so badly planned by Thais that it suffered so severely from overcrowding that the old airport had to be re-opened at enormous expense to handle the overflow, and that still wasn't enough to handle the numbers. Brilliant.

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

most the haters are struggling financially. poor cash flow leads to the biggest problems in life, lots of divorces and bitterness.

financially secure people have very little to bitch about. beautiful condos in desirable areas and fine dining and fine lady's.

I say let the haters rot in their misery

agree ..... their are some whingers you just can't please ...  doesn't matter what the government does , they'll never be happy in LOS.

17 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I moved to condo near on nut bts. You are correct that the condos are cheap, the street food is cheap, talaats are cheap and when the mall is finished the on nut area will be perfect for me. But the bts IMO is easier to catch at On Nut also. At on nut 99.9 percent of the time you can get on the bts. By the time you reach thong lor many times the bts is overfull with no room for new boarders.  I miss the Nana area sometimes and I don’t have to count pennies but On nut is great.  

Great luck for you. Since the BTS was extended past Bearing ridership has increased dramatically. During the morning rush from 6 to 9 am I frequently have to wait for several trains before I can get on. After that Onnut BTS station seem to be a good place to get on.

25 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Great luck for you. Since the BTS was extended past Bearing ridership has increased dramatically. During the morning rush from 6 to 9 am I frequently have to wait for several trains before I can get on. After that Onnut BTS station seem to be a good place to get on.

I take the train back to Samrong from Phra Khanong and then just stay on for the ride back to Chitlom, where I work.  takes about 45 minutes but I have a seat for the whole journey - which is nice.

22 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Built by Ital Thai with German (Siemens) technology. The owners were just the customers, it could never have been completely Thai in origin or execution, just not possible. Which is why Chinese and Japanese technology is needed for the new railways, Thais will get the jobs of laying the track and driving the trains!

Built by ItalThai's Thai workers!  It could never have been completed without Thai workers.

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You mean the system the Thais built that was not designed to cope with demand from a city of over eight million, and is overcrowded all day long

I think you must know that statement is incorrect BBarry...the BTS is fine to use in normal times during the day---rush hour its packed with all the Thais that People of your outlook said would not use it.

But I am sure London/New York/Paris/Tokyo  etc have no problem what so ever with crowding during rush hour --yes I just don't know why the Thais can not fix this for you like they have in those places. .......but I am sure you can work it out...it must be because they are 1/stupid 2/backward....oh yer..I know its because of 3/Thainess....

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You mean the system the Thais built that was not designed to cope with demand from a city of over eight million, and is overcrowded all day long and which people have to fight to get on during the peak hours and/or let several trains go by because the trains are too short? That one?

BTS is not overcrowded all day long.  Your assertion is just plain wrong.

19 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Not really. That is Airport Rail Link, owned by SRTET (State Railway of Thailand Electric Trains) which is completely different company from Bangkok Transport System that operates BTS Skytrain

Amazing tomazbodner Thanks for such a strong response.......maybe you would like to try to rearrange these words....... STRAWS--AT--GRASPING ------

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I should have added, as the shiny new airport is mentioned, it was so badly planned by Thais that it suffered so severely from overcrowding that the old airport had to be re-opened at enormous expense to handle the overflow, and that still wasn't enough to handle the numbers. Brilliant.

"I should have added, as the shiny new airport is mentioned, it was so badly planned by Thais..."

Brilliant!  The "shiny new airport" wasn't planned or designed by Thais.

I've seen a few instances during peak AM hours when they will run an "express" train, picking up between Samrong and Bang Chak, then bypassing On Nut.  They will then follow that with an empty train stopping first at On Nut.

That may have been the case in the situation pointed out in the OP.

On 21/11/2017 at 12:35 PM, sanuk711 said:

I know that Orton---just as the High Speed rail will be built by the most experienced country in the world----a country that has built over 44,000 klms of it.

That doesn't stop the posters tipping rubbish on the  Thais about it----and it didn't stop them when they were building all the other projects.

I get your drift and mostly agree.  I just wonder what the final format the so-called hi-speed train will be and a few other details that they never divulge except calling it Hi speed and everyone then assumes it will be a bullet train.    The one thing Thais definitely cannot do is communication/ competent press releases. Anyone who answers the phone considers himself to be spokesman on anything.   However I am constantly amazed how much Thai workers can do and how good a job they can do (but don't always do), with a few hand tools and a Makita 230v drill.   I have  tool shed here full of stuff to do what they can do with a hammer a saw and a Makita drill with self-drilling screws.  Necessity and mother-of-invention, I guess.

11 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Even the Airport was not designed by Thais, 'The terminal building was designed by Helmut Jahn of Murphy / Jahn Architects. It was constructed primarily by ITO JV.' They are spot on when it comes to anything in bamboo, breeze block and asbestos roofing though :shock1:

Don't forget welding really thin box section steel with a too-powerful welder.... 555

On 21/11/2017 at 3:47 PM, Wake Up said:

On Nut is sort of a newbies boonies.

As for Bang Na and beyond ...... there be dragons out there.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

agree ..... their are some whingers you just can't please ...  doesn't matter what the government does , they'll never be happy in LOS.

Some of us love it here but whinging is an important cerebral sport for those of us who do not like Dominos (except the pizza) Scrabble or playing cards.   555.