New Phone, smartish

NewGuy

15 hours ago, bazza73 said:

The Oppo F37 works for me. My GF liked it so much she wanted one for her birthday to replace an ageing Samsung. 4900 baht. Perhaps my phone needs are simpler than yours.

I could not install any apps even with it set to save to SD card no line, no wechat, no facebook, I remember I had a VPN app (less than 1mb) and True iService 2 52kb  images and I continually got memory full notices. My friend had a high end Oppo (the one where the camera lens rotated from back to front) and she wasn't happy either. It's possible they were defective, but 2 defective new phones from Oppo factory dealers is not good to me. I'll stick with my Kenny and iPhone

1 hour ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I could not install any apps even with it set to save to SD card no line, no wechat, no facebook, I remember I had a VPN app (less than 1mb) and True iService 2 52kb  images and I continually got memory full notices. My friend had a high end Oppo (the one where the camera lens rotated from back to front) and she wasn't happy either. It's possible they were defective, but 2 defective new phones from Oppo factory dealers is not good to me. I'll stick with my Kenny and iPhone

Don't know what happened to you; I have Line, Firefox, Google, Whatsapp. Camera takes very crisp photos. Don't have Facebook, that's for the narcissists.

IMG20170527151336.jpg

18 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Just go with Samsung. Anything else has exotic stupid useless interface installed, including ALL Chinese phones.

Samsung are the closest to pure Android.

Nonsense my old UMI Super was way more free of bloatware than my current Sammy J7plus and not a single Chinese app in it, loved that phone.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, EcigAmateur said:

Just go with Samsung. Anything else has exotic stupid useless interface installed, including ALL Chinese phones.

Samsung are the closest to pure Android.

They must have changed then. Last time I bought one Samsung was full of bloatware that couldn't be removed without rooting. It will take a long time to be convinced to go back. Very pleased with my Chinese Huawei that replaced it.

Well, I got the Xiaomi Mi A1 from Lazada for 7,490, 14 days easy return, 1 year local manufacturer warranty, vendor had 90% approval rating, very fast delivery.  Key factors were the semi-minimalist interface, Android One guaranteed updates for years and the need to treat myself.

But it's already driving me mad; I think letting it's GMail know about my iPad's Yahoo mail has screwed up the iPad's outgoing SMTP server.

I'll start new threads, if only to keep me sane.

Cheers and thanks a lot.

Edited by NewGuy
Clarity