David Cassidy, teen heartthrob of 'The Partridge Family,' dies at 67

webfact

David Cassidy, teen heartthrob of 'The Partridge Family,' dies at 67

tag_reuters-1.jpg

FILE PHOTO: David Cassidy smiles for photographers outside the Phoenix theatre in London, Britain October 23, 1995. REUTERS/Andrew Shaw/File Photo

(Reuters) - David Cassidy, a singer and actor whose androgynous features and jaunty voice made him a 1970s teen heartthrob on the television show "The Partridge Family," died on Tuesday at age 67, his publicist said.

Cassidy entered a hospital over the weekend for treatment of liver failure. He died in the intensive care unit of a Florida hospital, his publicist, Jo-Ann Geffen, said in a telephone interview.

In "The Partridge Family," Cassidy played a young man named Keith Partridge, whose widowed mother formed a touring pop band with her children. Cassidy's character sang lead.

The sitcom ran from 1970 to 1974 and produced a number of hit songs, including "I Think I Love You," which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart in November 1970.

Geffen released a statement from his family that said Cassidy died surrounded by family "with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long."

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis in Los Angeles and Daniel Trotta in New York; Additional reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Sandra Maler and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-22

6 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:
So father, so son - both alcoholics; what a sad way to go! 

is there a nice way to go. Hope you get cancer you creep!

OTT in the extreme.  Do you know what it's like to die of cancer like the end stage?

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

yes both parents. show some respect for a guy who had more talent in his little finger than the pathetic TV bar stool alcoholics could only ever dream about

He did state that it was a sad way to go to be fair.  

If your parents died of cancer then you should know better.  It was a comment and hardly deserving of eternal damnation.  Grow up.

Shirley Jones, his real-life step mom and and on-screen mom, was the original "mom I'd like to meet."  I was a teenager at the time, used to try to catch the show to see her in mini-skirts.  Some years later I saw her in Elmer Gantry, she played a preacher's daughter turned bad girl.  OWWW!  Re-awakened old lecherous thoughts.

David was married to young Kay Lenz for a while, a friend of mine hated Cassidy for it out of jealousy.

:wacko:

And of course there were the jokes about confusing his dad with the bass player in Jefferson Airplane, who had the same name.

Edited by bendejo

On 11/22/2017 at 7:57 PM, InMyShadow said:
On 11/22/2017 at 3:17 PM, Sydebolle said:
So father, so son - both alcoholics; what a sad way to go! 

is there a nice way to go. Hope you get cancer you creep!

Are we in a bad mood today? Alcoholism is something you acquire and can avoid - if you want, not so with most cancer. Creepy, isn't it?