Facebook is garbage for trying to sell something

lust

I’m in a bunch of groups on Facebook and I posted an item for sale. Facebook gives me the option to post the same ad in other groups yet I keep being blocked from posting anything because, quote from Facebook, “I posted too fast”, or it “looks like spam”. 

So why the hell hell am I even given the option to post in other groups if it’s going to lead to me being blocked for a few days? How is it even possible that they allow someone to post fast if it’s against the rules? 

There’s nobody to talk to either. Facebook doesn’t have customer service. There’s no warning of like, “ oh hey, your posts seem suspicious because you’re posting too fast”. You can only push “this isn’t spam”, which does absolutely nothing. 

I didn’t know Facebook had a speed limit run by bot-police. 

Anybody else have this problem?

4EE455CC-077F-4D8E-A62C-DAFCFA1C8689.jpeg

FBEC0E3B-E43E-4DD9-8F1D-497B554AAF13.jpeg

I hate selling on FB because of the tyre kicking, cheap Charlie time wasters. 

How many places did you try to post at once?  I was looking at a Mac computer for sale. I got a bit suspicious about the add. Checked via sellers profile and they had it listed on 64 different Facebook grouos in thailand. 

7 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

Yes, money !!!

You're retired, so you have lots of time and money...

Oh really? How do you know if I have lots money or not?

You said Facebook was a waste money. Just wondering how?

Edited by Dazinoz

4 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Oh really? How do you know I have lots money?

You said Facebook was a waste money. Just wondering how?

You don't have a company and a company's Fakebook page...
I know all about it.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

<deleted> are you talking about? You lost me. 

What I think the poster is referring to are the Facebook pages that companies make.

Often times they will pay a firm to manage that page, which can cost 15,000 baht per month, or more.

Then there are the costs of advertising and boosting posts for that company's Facebook page.

These costs can add up quickly.

Some companies get good results from this activity, while others are getting little to none.

11 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

LMAO ! Facelook is  No.1  at  selling....itself !

Apart  from  do  you  believe  they are  interested  in   anything  else?

It's a for profit advertising business. Why would they be? 

Never had any issues. Things in demand do sell and what hasn't been mentioned yet, you save the 11% eBay commission! I suspect they will eventually want to charge something as well but in the meantime the savvy ones try to find their customer/target group and sell there.

The obvious solution, OP, is to sit out your ban and then try again. Yes, it sucks that there's no customer service to speak of but nothing we can change about that.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:28 PM, Dazinoz said:

I used eBay a lot in Australia but here it is in thai. 

I use eBay in Thailand both to buy and sell things. It's in English. Can't recall if I originally  had to do something with the settings or whatever, but every time I open it, it's in English.

Sometimes the prices shown are in baht, but all the transactions I go through with are denominated in US$.

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I use eBay in Thailand both to buy and sell things. It's in English. Can't recall if I originally  had to do something with the settings or whatever, but every time I open it, it's in English.

Sometimes the prices shown are in baht, but all the transactions I go through with are denominated in US$.

First time I tried was only Thai. Will have an other look.

It probably depends where you live. 
Here in Phuket, the Items for sale-Phuket FB page is the quickest way to sell something. 
I've bought and sold on there. 
Tried bahtsold, this site, and craigslist 2 of the 3 are free), but the FB page was the quickest to move my stuff. 

It depends how many are watching in the area you are trying to sell I imagine. 

As far as worldwide, Amazon is king in the US, 

ebay in some countries

FB in others. 

34 minutes ago, fiddlehead said:

It probably depends where you live. 
Here in Phuket, the Items for sale-Phuket FB page is the quickest way to sell something. 
I've bought and sold on there. 
Tried bahtsold, this site, and craigslist 2 of the 3 are free), but the FB page was the quickest to move my stuff. 

It depends how many are watching in the area you are trying to sell I imagine. 

As far as worldwide, Amazon is king in the US, 

ebay in some countries

FB in others. 

I used to buy and sell a fair bit on eBay in Australia. I have tried to sell a number of personal items her in Chiang Mai on Facebook but just seem to attract the people who want things for nothing and want it delivered for that price. Will try ebay here but I have a feeling I am going to get the same result.

8 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

First time I tried was only Thai. Will have an other look.

My PayPal, bank and credit card links to eBay are all US based, but my eBay account address is in Thailand.

Maybe Google "eBay Australia" and start from there ... I'm assuming you're Australian. 

"Will try ebay here but I have a feeling I am going to get the same result."

You can change settings when you sell things so that they're listed worldwide, not just Thailand, if that's what you want to do. Even then you can exclude certain countries that you don't want to deal with.

Edited by Suradit69