Need a Midrange (beachfront?) bungalow tip

ding

I don't think anyone has mentioned this place - http://www.tropica-bungalow.com/location.html

On the Beach road a short (death defying) stroll across the road to Patong Beach. Adjacent to Bangla Rd nightlife (noise issues?).

Tropical gardens with balconies and verandas ideal for delightful and intelligent wives to get lost in a good book and porch dogs to scratch, fart and sleep..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Looking forward to your Sunshine Village donation.

There are bungalows there and a restaurant, see photo and link below your post.

My definition of beach front is the same as lake front, your property has a border on the lake or beach and you do not have to cross a public road to get to them

In patong there is a beach front resort near the tourist police office, future north there are some ocean front businesses the white box is one of them that are ocean front, there is no beach

At Laguna there a is at least one beach front resort

At  The beach you are talking about there are 2 or 3 small bungalows at the south end of the village on the opposite side of the road which do not even have a beach view, the topic is beach front not near the beach

If these were built with publically donate funds supplied to build homes for the local Thai people who lost there homes in the tsunami they could not be legally rented out to tourists

There has always been a restaurant there, one originally on the beach side of the road which was demolished because it was built illegally on public land, What is that to do with the price of rice or rental beach front properties

Make a wager with me, Who ever is Wrong has to make a donation of 100K baht to a registered charity of their choice with witnesses

That is not a bet but a donation, so do not start on about you do not bet, i do not bet, its actually illegal in Thailand to do so i believe

Come on , instead of stalking me on the internet you can come and watch me hand over the money, that should make you happy and you have plenty of time to do it, of coarse the same applies to you if you are wrong 

Edited by madmax2

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

My definition of beach front is the same as lake front, your property has a border on the lake or beach and you do not have to cross a public road to get to them

In patong there is a beach front resort near the tourist police office, future north there are some ocean front businesses the white box is one of them that are ocean front, there is no beach

At Laguna there a is at least one beach front resort

At  The beach you are talking about there are 2 or 3 small bungalows at the south end of the village on the opposite side of the road which do not even have a beach view, the topic is beach front not near the beach

If these were built with publically donate funds supplied to build homes for the local Thai people who lost there homes in the tsunami they could not be legally rented out to tourists

There has always been a restaurant there, one originally on the beach side of the road which was demolished because it was built illegally on public land, What is that to do with the price of rice or rental beach front properties

Make a wager with me, Who ever is Wrong has to make a donation of 100K baht to a registered charity of their choice with witnesses

That is not a bet but a donation, so do not start on about you do not bet, i do not bet, its actually illegal in Thailand to do so i believe

Come on , instead of stalking me on the internet you can come and what me hand over the money, that should make you happy and you have plenty of time to do it, of coarse the same applies to you if you are wrong 

These bungalows are right on the beach. See photo and link.

weasel_7.jpg

Just now, stevenl said:

These bungalows are right on the beach. See photo and link.

weasel_7.jpg

Either put up or shut up as the saying goes, i am happy to why are you not willing to if you are so sure you are right, 

You will only have to donate a 100K baht to help support abandoned and or orphaned Thai children if i win the wager 

Is that a picture of you??

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

As usual: proof is there in the thread, but you choose to ignore it.

End of story for me with you.

Come on make the wager, you are always right in your opinion how can you lose

You can make some unfortunate people at the same time happy with our donation

Edited by madmax2

32 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Come on make the wager, you are always right in your opinion how can you lose

You can make some unfortunate people at the same time happy with our donation

The proof the bungalows are on the beach is here, made earlier by 2 other posters than myself.

I just can't understand how you can keep this up, when the evidence is there already.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The proof the bungalows are on the beach is here, made earlier by 2 other posters than myself.

I just can't understand how you can keep this up, when the evidence is there already.

What proof, in what post by which other posters

Come on wont you enjoy watching me donate a  100K to a worthwhile charity on your behalf if i am wrong, I know i am going to enjoy watching you donate 100K in my name if you lose, come on do not be chicken make some unfortunate children happy by taking up the wager  :partytime2:

Edited by madmax2

1 minute ago, madmax2 said:

What proof, in what post by which other posters

Come on wont you enjoy watching donate a  100K to a worthwhile charity on your behalf if i am wrong, I know i am going to enjoy watching you donate 100K in my name if you lose :partytime2:

Peter, you need to look at posts 28 and 29.   Hopefully the loss of 100k won't cause you much grief.   

5 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Peter, you need to look at posts 28 and 29.   Hopefully the loss of 100k won't cause you much grief.   

Looks similar to the beach front resort built on land the operators did not own which was located of the coast road between nai harn and Kata, illegally built on government land which they were evicted from, Buildings built illegally  on government land do not count and i have never seen them, not even today when i checked out the beach, they must be well hidden so they will not attract the notice of the local government authorities 

If i am wrong i will happily donate the 100K all steven has to do is take up the wager, you can if you want to as well,but i suggest you go and have a look yourself before you do

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Looks similar to the beach front resort built on land the operators did not own which was located of the coast road between nai harn and Kata, illegally built on government land which they were evicted from, Buildings built illegally  on government land do not count and i have never seen them, not even today when i checked out the beach, they must be well hidden so they will not attract the notice of the local government authorities 

If i am wrong i will happily donate the 100K all steven has to do is take up the wager, you can if you want to as well,but i suggest you go and have a look yourself before you do

"Looks similar"??!!

That's your get out-of-jail-free card?

I was wrong and freely admit that when I viewed the photo.

Quite frankly, your offer of a bet for 100k is despicable. Pure intimidation. You know that that is a lot of money that Steve can't afford (probably).

Did you learn this kinda stuff from Trump, or, did he learn it from you?

^^

From the photos in the link of post 29, the bungalows/restaurant certainly appear to be above the high tide level.   Actual ownership and legality are another matter, though they exist and appear to be operating.   I think the onus is on you Peter to prove that they don't, as others have offered proof that they do.   

^

Agreed.   Doing something extraordinary to win what in essence is a pretty meaningless argument.   

Edited by pagallim

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

"Looks similar"??!!

That's your get out-of-jail-free card?

I was wrong and freely admit that when I viewed the photo.

Quite frankly, your offer of a bet for 100k is despicable. Pure intimidation. You know that that is a lot of money that Steve can't afford (probably).

Did you learn this kinda stuff from Trump, or, did he learn it from you?

I do not have a clue what Steven has or can afford and the same applies to you

I have met people in the diving business here who make a lot more profit than a 100K in the high season every month, Steven is in the dive business or so he claims

He can reduce the wager if he likes to the amount he can afford if he wants to

Illegally built dwellings hidden on land that is government property do not count, They should have been demolishing at the same time as the rest of the illegally built buildings were, it seems they missed a few they should not be there period, If they are Thai owned buildings good on them for getting away with it

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So please show proof the restaurant and bungalows on Ao Sane are built illegally, or put up.

To do that i would have to go to the land titles office to confirm who really owns the land and it will probably be the same as other narrow strips of land between the coast road and ocean in Rawai

I probably would have to give a reason for checking out who legally owns the land but i have no problem with Thai people squatting on government land as long as they can get away with it for their own private use, i think using public land by anyone to make a business profit is wrong but i certainly would not want to be the person responsible for making poor Thai people lose this source of income even if it is illegal, if it were a foreigner i would not hesitate 

Edited by madmax2

19 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I do not have a clue what Steven has or can afford and the same applies to you

I have met people in the diving business here who make a lot more profit than a 100K in the high season every month, Steven is in the dive business or so he claims

He can reduce the wager if he likes to the amount he can afford if he wants to

Illegally built dwellings hidden on land that is government property do not count, They should have been demolishing at the same time as the rest of the illegally built buildings were, it seems they missed a few they should not be there period, If they are Thai owned buildings good on them for getting away with it

You don't really get it, do you?

I'll explain. It's not the amount of the bet, it's the offer of a bet after he already refused it.

If you can't see that what you are doing is a form of cyber-bullying, then their's really no hope.

PS.

Why would the OP give a small, furry rodent's behind on whether the bungalow was legal, or not?

You think the place could be closed down in the middle of his trip without warning?

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

You don't really get it, do you?

I'll explain. It's not the amount of the bet, it's the offer of a bet after he already refused it.

If you can't see that what you are doing is a form of cyber-bullying, then their's really no hope.

PS.

Why would the OP give a small, furry rodent's behind on whether the bungalow was legal, or not?

You think the place could be closed down in the middle of his trip without warning?

And don't forget I refused it because it was already clear from other posts madmax was wrong in his assertion there are no beach bungalows there.

54 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So please show proof the restaurant and bungalows on Ao Sane are built illegally, or put up.

To do that i would have to go to the land titles office to confirm who really owns the land and it will probably be the same as other narrow strips of land between the coast road and ocean in Rawai

I probably would have to give a reason for checking out who legally owns the land but i have no problem with Thai people squatting on government land as long as they can get away with it for their own private use, i think using public land by anyone to make a business profit is wrong but i certainly would not want to be the person responsible for making poor people lose this source of income even if it is illegal, if it were a foreigner i would not hesitate 

These are not bungalows, they are illegally built squatters shacks made from odds and ends  and not to government building standards which do not seem to have and utility services on land they do not own, the same as the restaurant that was there built illegally on the land between the coastal road and the beach and they demolished

No self respecting tourist would rent one for their family, they are not beachfront holiday bungalows, they are the type of buildings we saw in slum settlements when in South africa, but not as well  built

There is no way i would call these shacks beach bungalows and they never ever will be 

Edited by madmax2

^

OK Peter, this is a review from one week ago on Trip Advisor.   

"We have been staying here every year for over 10 years and still can't wait to get back every year.

The restaurant and bungalows are right on the beach and therefore you get a cooling sea breeze most of the time.

We have eaten 3 meals a day for weeks on end every year at their restaurant and have never ever experienced food sickness. We know that their supplies are picked up at the local market daily.

We are happy to stay in the bungalows because we know what we get, cold water (this year we had hot water installed in our bungalow which was nice), fan (sea breeze makes a difference) (there are quite a few bungalows available with both air conditioning and hot water)and mosquito net. Perfect! I work 11 months of the year in air conditioning so I look forward to getting away from it. I also look forward to no television and putting the computer away then picking up a book or snorkelling and swimming in the lovely water, or just sitting on the veranda enjoying the ocean view in the breeze.

The wifi is not an issue as you can purchase a tourist sim cheaply from family marts locally, these can be topped up when necessary.
Come to this place to relax, it's comfortable basic accommodation, good food but be patient during the peak months as it gets very busy in their restaurant, because the food is good.

You're on holidays right? Relax and go with the flow.

Give this place a look, you might just find its what you are looking for."

I

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

^

OK Peter, this is a review from one week ago on Trip Advisor.   

"We have been staying here every year for over 10 years and still can't wait to get back every year.

The restaurant and bungalows are right on the beach and therefore you get a cooling sea breeze most of the time.

We have eaten 3 meals a day for weeks on end every year at their restaurant and have never ever experienced food sickness. We know that their supplies are picked up at the local market daily.

We are happy to stay in the bungalows because we know what we get, cold water (this year we had hot water installed in our bungalow which was nice), fan (sea breeze makes a difference) (there are quite a few bungalows available with both air conditioning and hot water)and mosquito net. Perfect! I work 11 months of the year in air conditioning so I look forward to getting away from it. I also look forward to no television and putting the computer away then picking up a book or snorkelling and swimming in the lovely water, or just sitting on the veranda enjoying the ocean view in the breeze.

The wifi is not an issue as you can purchase a tourist sim cheaply from family marts locally, these can be topped up when necessary.
Come to this place to relax, it's comfortable basic accommodation, good food but be patient during the peak months as it gets very busy in their restaurant, because the food is good.

You're on holidays right? Relax and go with the flow.

Give this place a look, you might just find its what you are looking for."

I

I recently read a article about tripadvisor and other web sites, they claim over 50% of the posts are fake, put in by the business owners them selves in other words, i believe this with what i have seen with comments made about businesses on these sites and we have actually stayed at

The buildings shown in the Photo are what are called beach shacks, the whole post you are quoting sounds like and probably is one of these owner posted comments, 3 meals a day for weeks, who do you know that goes on holidays and eats 3 meals a day at the same restaurant for weeks, airconditioning and hot water, it would surprise me if any of the shacks in the picture had any type of running water at all, and there is No sign of and airconditioning in the Picture or a electricity supply to run it

Some people believe everything they read on the internet and also think people who read anything they post is true and above board as well, fortunately i know better from experience

They are shacks not bungalows and always will be unless they knock them down and build new ones to government building regulations or at least submit building plans , have them approved and then proceed to build how ever you want ignoring the approved plans as a lot of builders do in phuket , cannot do that though it will cost a lot of money and they do not own the land they are built on

Just stepping away from the brawl for a minute, I remembered a place in which I stayed in Feb 2007 called  Patong Beach Bungalows - pic here:

625.jpg

Not exactly bungalows, more like ground floor rooms, but they were right on the beach. They were demolished soon after my stay to make way for The Impiana and/or La Flora. 

The house at Ao Sane beach Rawai were built for the local people after the tsunami to replace their destroyed houses and are for their use not to be used as rental properties for tourists./ expats 

I was there last week and this beach bungalows are available for tourisr rent. Saw some farangs inside and also advertisment 'for rent'

Have a look here

https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket/nai_harn_beach/all/887

24 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Just stepping away from the brawl for a minute, I remembered a place in which I stayed in Feb 2007 called  Patong Beach Bungalows - pic here:

625.jpg

Not exactly bungalows, more like ground floor rooms, but they were right on the beach. They were demolished soon after my stay to make way for The Impiana and/or La Flora. 

How funny to read this :-) 

I stayed at the Patong Beach Bungalows for the first time in 1979 but that were different detached very simple bungalows, each with a private Palmtree in front to park the motorbike but also with free cockroaches during the night, walking around on my body and arms enjoying one of the first Farang on Patong beach :laugh: and they were quite big actually and at first I had no clue what they were...my first Tropics adventure it was. 

Ah well, everything changes doesn't it? 

BUT..the new premises you're talking about must have been destroyed during the Tsunami, didn't they? 

18 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

How funny to read this :-) 

I stayed at the Patong Beach Bungalows for the first time in 1979 but that were different detached very simple bungalows, each with a private Palmtree in front to park the motorbike but also with free cockroaches during the night, walking around on my body and arms enjoying one of the first Farang on Patong beach :laugh: and they were quite big actually and at first I had no clue what they were...my first Tropics adventure it was. 

Ah well, everything changes doesn't it? 

BUT..the new premises you're talking about must have been destroyed during the Tsunami, didn't they? 

Thinking about it there may have been single bungalows away to the left of my photo. I was just taking a pic of the room I stayed in. Couldn't say for sure now.

The tsunami was before this in 2004, the upmarket places I mentioned are still there.

3 hours ago, madmax2 said:

I recently read a article about tripadvisor and other web sites, they claim over 50% of the posts are fake, put in by the business owners them selves in other words, i believe this with what i have seen with comments made about businesses on these sites and we have actually stayed at

The buildings shown in the Photo are what are called beach shacks, the whole post you are quoting sounds like and probably is one of these owner posted comments, 3 meals a day for weeks, who do you know that goes on holidays and eats 3 meals a day at the same restaurant for weeks, airconditioning and hot water, it would surprise me if any of the shacks in the picture had any type of running water at all, and there is No sign of and airconditioning in the Picture or a electricity supply to run it

Some people believe everything they read on the internet and also think people who read anything they post is true and above board as well, fortunately i know better from experience

They are shacks not bungalows and always will be unless they knock them down and build new ones to government building regulations or at least submit building plans , have them approved and then proceed to build how ever you want ignoring the approved plans as a lot of builders do in phuket , cannot do that though it will cost a lot of money and they do not own the land they are built on

You're absolutely incapable of admitting you're wrong, eh?

Sorry, but we're all smart enough to recognize deflection & bullshit when we see it.

Are you related to Trump, because you sound just like him.....

What little credibility you had has just gone down the plug-hole.

Edited by KarenBravo