What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

43 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

This reminds me of just how much easier life became since I put all my bikes on a carb free diet.

Nothing wrong with a good carb. Changed the junk CV to a Mikuni on the Dyna years ago - trouble free.

Set and Forget

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

... not sure if alcohol is a carbohydrate

[it isn't, but metabolically similar]

but it will sclerosed the fuel system if left 

unused weeks or months.

Ongoing PiA for papa.

3 + 5  = 8 non-carb-free girls to tend.

>>>>>>>They should ban ethanol in fuel,

and make rum / vodka/  gin // sugar, &c

mak maa

the world market.

yep

????

Edited by papa al
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Mikuni on the Dyna years ago - trouble free.

papa big fan of Miki carbs.

Several going now.

Had a pair on a twin Cayuna 430 cc  2T

Always    full     throtttle;  10,000 rpm.  wheee !

Muffler mucho cracking.

fell off & lost by by bits in the vilderness.

in the 80's maybe.

Loud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thing I like is the simplicity. No extra junk which does nothing but wear out / break down / need replacing.

Air screw and pilot jet for idle

Needle for 1/4 - 3/4 throttle

Main jet for balls to the wall

Set it once and forget it

Adaptors available to fit everything

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, Isaanbiker said:

I'd have to ask my wife first to find out where she's bought them. All i know is that it's a shop in the center of the town/city.

It was quite nasty when the main tube from the main tank to the reserve tank turned out to be a tube for water only!!!???!

Holy sh_e. Hallelujah!!!

Result : Luckily, I saw that a lot of fuel was running down from the fuel lines to the rear and front cylinder, then down my knees to the ground, after starting the bike. The smell was horrific.

The material looked great and I was asking them five times if it was for fuel as well and they always said yes......

If the fuel is running  out at that speed, let's say doing 160 km/h and "having the blast", _a tiny little spark in the dark- and woosshhh!!!It will kick the shi_e out of you...aeehh me!. Thank "Go....????

"On fire" when doing 160 km/h? A nightmare when the gasoline drops on your jeans, or shorts,,/legs...and a little spark does the rest.

A flooded spark plug cap could do the trick. Ride Safe!!!!!

Yeah the green plastic pipe I have is for petrol and has solved the leaky old pipes a treat but I don't think a good idea for long time use on a motorcycle.

I can only renew online but surely someone carries proper petrol line pipe in Thailand.

4 hours ago, ballpoint said:

This reminds me of just how much easier life became since I put all my bikes on a carb free diet.

Fuel injection economical sure but needs more c.c. carbs sorted and not economical but more fun.

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Nothing wrong with a good carb. Changed the junk CV to a Mikuni on the Dyna years ago - trouble free.

Set and Forget

Agree my CV carbs kick <deleted> and ok just need to access parts that's the problem with Thailand the land of buy everything new.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Thing I like is the simplicity. No extra junk which does nothing but wear out / break down / need replacing.

Air screw and pilot jet for idle

Needle for 1/4 - 3/4 throttle

Main jet for balls to the wall

Set it once and forget it

Adaptors available to fit everything

Yeah that's what an old Fireblade is, there's nothing on it that you don't need that includes a pillion seat. ????

• Like 2

Aussie post arrived today! Then the first shock. The new diaphragms didn't move the slides a bit. Tears...

I had to think twice and was ready to give up at that point.

They didn't sit well enough in the groove, so there couldn''t be enough vacuum to let them function properly.

Then setting the floats was a pain the ar_e, the pilot screw and all in a sudden there's darkness.

Tomorrow is the great day after work when the lady should ride well after a carb tune up and synchronizing them.

carbs are ready to go.jpg

Mikuni mit Philliphs.jpg

carbs after fix.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Aussie post arrived today! Then the first shock. The new diaphragms didn't move the slides a bit. Tears...

I had to think twice and was ready to give up at that point.

They didn't sit well enough in the groove, so there couldn''t be enough vacuum to let them function properly.

Then setting the floats was a pain the ar_e, the pilot screw and all in a sudden there's darkness.

Tomorrow is the great day after work when the lady should ride well after a carb tune up and synchronizing them.

carbs are ready to go.jpg

Mikuni mit Philliphs.jpg

carbs after fix.jpg

I have to say your dedication to your mia-noi is the same as me, keep at it buddy, mine blade is on the road now running sort of sweet but not perfect yet so still need to do a fine carb tune.

My UK son is sending me 8mm inner diameter proper fuel pipe to replace the neoprene green fuel pipe which work well at the moment and maybe it could be OK but being plastic basically I just can't trust it.

Apart from still replacing wiring harness and the usual maintenance it will be a happy year for me making my mia-noi pretty. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

neoprene green fuel pipe which work well at the moment and maybe it could be OK but being plastic basically I just can't trust it.

Neoprene is a rubber.

A really good synthetic rubber.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah the green plastic pipe I have is for petrol and has solved the leaky old pipes a treat but I don't think a good idea for long time use on a motorcycle.

I can only renew online but surely someone carries proper petrol line pipe in Thailand.

Maybe a dumb question...but have you tried any of the main agent car dealers (major ones with their own workshops), i.e Toyota, Nissan, Mazda etc?

29 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Maybe a dumb question...but have you tried any of the main agent car dealers (major ones with their own workshops), i.e Toyota, Nissan, Mazda etc?

Thanks buddy but asking at car dealers they don't want to help, big motorcycles a problem where I live when asking the question, Bkk no problem and CM etc etc but long way from me.

I can get some stuff but it's over 1 hour away and still no joy because sometimes they have to order from Bkk.

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Maybe you could order hose from these folks:  http://www.ncr-rubber.com/category.php?id=1

http://www.ncr-rubber.com/product.php?id=26

They have several retail locations:  http://www.ncr-rubber.com/news.php?id=3

Thanks for info, there product seems to be of good quality but very expensive to order 4 No. 300mm pipe from them, 2,040 baht + 100 bht postage.

I have ordered from AliExpress a 1 metre length brand name product already for $8 inc post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

If you having a hard time sourcing parts, especially common ones like fuel hose, drop me  PM

I've already offered you high quality fuel hoses 1/4th. Just page me how long it should be and I'll send it to you. Got them in my bike, they're heat and oil resistant and no problem with any pressure. 

Ride safe!

1 fourth 300 PSI fuel line.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've already offered you high quality fuel hoses 1/4th. Just page me how long it should be and I'll send it to you. Got them in my bike, they're heat and oil resistant and no problem with any pressure. 

Ride safe!

1 fourth 300 PSI fuel line.jpg

Maybe I think you are addressing and thanks to you and all here but need 8mm fuel hose, that's why I ordered some.

As previously posted 1 M @ $8. about 250 baht.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:39 PM, papa al said:

Neoprene is a rubber.

A really good synthetic rubber.

Yeah as I said my son was ganna send me fuel pipe but I told him I'm gonna order from Alibaba.

You probably right about neoprene and I didn't catch fire on my road test run & highway blast.

I happy with my suspension set up for me & speed on road.

After Carbs clean and reset did a red line test in 4th 255K and sounded sweet all the way up, a bit of a bubble of backfire on deceleration though not much but will now fine tune the carbs.  

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 4:49 PM, Randell said:

well done Isaanbiker you stuck with it a lot of work but now your baby is ready to roar. Good luck to you  enjoy you efforts and thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much!! It was worth every hour/day/ week I've spent on my bike. No more headache, fouled spark plugs and headaches. 

• Like 2

Took blade out again after trying to fine tune carbs but too difficult with fuel tank on so just managed a 1/4 turn out on each pilot screw to richen mix and it did seemed better.

So not to kid myself will definitely fine tune with tank off and get them properly checked out. 

On the way back home started cutting out and finally came to a stop, thinking the worst was my mistake it was me that had let my mia nor down, not her whatsoever, I had left it on reserve and ran out of fuel. ????????????

• Haha 2