Thai economy surges 4.3% in third quarter

Thai economy surges 4.3% in third quarter

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNECO601125001000101.png

BANGKOK, 26th November 2017 (NNT) – The Thai economy has seen recent steady growth according to the prime minister, with a significant 4.3% increase in the third quarter of 2017. 

Addressing the public in his national televised speech this week, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the Thai economy is recovering at a steady pace and has continued to grow since the current administration took office in 2014. 

Prior to 2014, he said the economy was growing at the sluggish rate of 0.9% due to the prolonged political instability and the world economic slump. 

Compared to the same period last year, the country’s GDP expanded 4.3% in the third quarter of this year. The positive trend is expected to continue until 2018. 

Factors contributing to the improving economy include the government’s policies, investment incentives, domestic consumption, and exports.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-11-25

Well i don't know what to say/belive really.My wife says that Thais and Farangs are now complaining that they don't have money to even go to the local market to buy food,shops closing and people don't go out for food like before.

NPL loans are at their highest,banks are now tightning up their credit/loans,and Thailand is doing  good..hmm.Don't really know what to make out of all this..

I was pretty full after eating crickets, fried chicken livers, squid eggs, sticky rice and chicken butt on a stick, but I decided to spend my last 10B on that fried seaweed, tonight.  Good decision.

You're welcome, Thai economy. ?

Edited by SiSePuede419

Well i don't know what to say/belive really.My wife says that Thais and Farangs are now complaining that they don't have money to even go to the local market to buy food,shops closing and people don't go out for food like before.
NPL loans are at their highest,banks are now tightning up their credit/loans,and Thailand is doing  good..hmm.Don't really know what to make out of all this..
farangs not having money is true. the wealthy do NOT retire in Thailand! you can fire a shot gun through most bars after happy hour and be lucky to hit one [emoji23]

On 11/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, DuiDui48 said:

It is very easy tax tells what is going on 

Increases taxation the country don't run well 

Decreased taxation or stable the country run well 

Here the tax go up some places with 200%

some places with less but going up all around 

It's a sign of instability and an out of control economic 

So he is hiding something and he don't let the people check up with his claims

only he's word is proof. 

So he says some but have all the signs of the opposite and he has not been honest in the past .

But I do believe he thinks all takes his word for it he might not even know the country can run well as he now have had his go with no success  .

But he is very good at lock Thais up for no crime committed