• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

Who is that err ...gentleman?

Same guy as the schlub. The half brother (much older) of our American PRINCESS Meghan. Same father, the expat in Mexico. 

He's had issues.

The parents though both sound well educated. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

I've been watching the history series on Channel 4 called The Windsors.

Harry Enfield plays Prince Charles, I can't remember the other actors.

Good modern history series.

I always felt sorry for Charles with his loveless mother and a father who insisted on sending him to that dreadful Australian school where he was bullied.

Then he wasn't allowed to marry the woman he loved because she was not of the required religion or some such BS. Couldn't marry another one he was mad about because she'd been living with a race car driver. All completely rubbish of course.

Now, he can't even get to do the job he spent his entire life training for because mummy isn't going to give it up till she's dead, and she's probably going to outlive him.

Diana was a disaster for the Windsors, but at least she changed the BS a little bit.

Harry and Wills benefitted from that.

The last time a royal married an American he had to give it up and exile himself to France.

For anyone that is curious, it turns out the American PRINCESS Meghan is not Jewish. I mentioned before that her father was Jewish which was indeed reported in many press outlets. Well, first of all, a Jewish father doesn't make a child Jewish (a mother does) and second of all, it turns out that false information was published widely and her father actually isn't Jewish. The confusion probably started because her first marriage was to a Jewish man and they had a Jewish wedding. But that doesn't mean that she converted which apparently, she didn't. 

She that aspect of the diversity basket turns out to be moot. 

4 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

An upgrade for her, you think? :ph34r:

She's in it for the national health ... that's the ticket.

I would find it weird if she wasn't going to become a U.K. citizen. 

The question is will she give up her Yank papers? Probably a smart thing to do for tax reasons. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She may not be the first mixed race (black/white) royal.

Queen Charlotte?

She is just a person, it shouldnt really matter what her Religion is or what race her parents are

I am sure that some people would be delighted if she were a mixed race Jew with ginger hair and an amputation and a lesbian with a speech impediment , but , she is just a person

As Harry is currently 5th inline to the throne (soon to be sixth) then his partners religion does not have any bearing, he is free from much of the restrictions his brother, father and forbears had to comply with as to where they marry and to whom.

They will have a duchy bestowed upon them by the Queen and be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, he will always be Prince Harry and she will be known as Princess Harry Wales for certain formal matters but her title will be Duchess of Sussex if the queen follows protocol (which she probably will)

Is a good news item and makes a nice change from all the crap in the world at the moment, they look a good match and most people will wish them well in their future together and they will sure do good for the people of the world where they can. Harry's a top Banana!

I recently had my DNA match done and as a 'Manchester Man' born and bred found roughly what I already knew - but my Scandinavian percentage was higher than my Celtic (Scottish roots) I would have placed them otherway round. 

My breakdown was: 70% Anglo Saxon/ 12% Scandinavian / 9% Celtic / 3% Iberian /3% Europe West / 2% Caucasus / 1% Europe South

Suppose this was from invasion and trade routes to Europe and Great Britain over the centuries.

So yes I am definitely a mongrel or a Heinz 57 and take no offence, I rather think of it as a good mix of blood.

Race is not an issue with Harry and his lady, no one I know have any issue with Megans roots and all think she is beutiful woman who will make a great addition to our royal family and become a venerated ambassador for us