Looking to meet expats in their 20s/30s

Nellaa

Hi, Im a female, 28 from Estonia. I recently moved to Pattaya and would like to meet expats my own age.

If anyone is up to hang out, drop me a message :)

Alternatively, any suggestions on where I might meet young expats in Pattaya?

Many thanks for your replies!

Nellaa,

Try the Sky Bar up in Cozy/Pratamnak Hill or the Chocolate Restaurant at wkends.

There are a lot of the younger Bangkok monied crew in town & so some of the younger ex-pats are there as well.

There are a youngish Russian crew about but for the most part they are tourists

The place in Thailand where you can find young foreign professionals is Bangkok. You will find a large number of Digital Nomads in the 20-30 range in Chiang Mai. In Pattaya you'll mostly find whore mongers outside of your age group. The one's in your age group will likely be in Pattaya to party with the local ladies.  

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

The place in Thailand where you can find young foreign professionals is Bangkok. You will find a large number of Digital Nomads in the 20-30 range in Chiang Mai. In Pattaya you'll mostly find whore mongers outside of your age group. The one's in your age group will likely be in Pattaya to party with the local ladies.  

Yes, Im aware of that. It doesnt mean there isn't anyone around - got to simply go and find them

Just now, Nellaa said:

Yes, Im aware of that. It doesnt mean there isn't anyone around - got to simply go and find them

Good luck ... one other thing ... check out the thai language schools ... I met a few young men and women who did not fall into the stereotype that I outlined above ... nice, well educated types.

You are 22 years away from a "Retirement Visa". Planning on doing "Border-Runs" for the next 22 years? Immigration will not allow you to do so.

- Hanging around "Language-Schools" is certainly a good place to meet younger Farangs. Plenty of Bricklayers, Plumbers and Painters from Europe, wanting to boost their career as an English-Teacher in Thailand. Their salaries usually range between 30 to 40'000 Bht.
Be prepared. You will be asked for "short-term-loans" quite often, especially if you display openly that "you have money".
But, if that's the crowd you want to hang around = your choice.

I have an unpleasant feeling that your future stay in Thailand is somehow pre-determined. Due to the lack of other viable options.
Good Luck.  

swissie, with all his sarcasm, has a good idea. There are many English teachers in the 20-30's age group in the Pattaya area. So, English teaching schools or agencies which provide teachers, and those which provide TEFL courses may be good places to frequent--the teachers are not all native English Speakers either. I do not live in Pattaya, but I am sure there are places where younger farangs hang-out. I'd wager the younger teachers would know.

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

In Pattaya you'll mostly find whore mongers outside of your age group.

Old mongers never die...

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The one's in your age group will likely be in Pattaya to party with the local ladies. 

and young mongers never stop.

I hit 40 this year so I exceed your requested Age range.

I live here for about 4 years now and I haven't seen that much young people around Town who are living here.

Almost all of them are Tourists.

You will find a few at Sports clubs and the mentioned Language schools.

I cant say anything about the nightlife because I'm totally uninterested (had my wild times 20 years ago and don't miss them) and I'm also in a happy relationship.

Over all I would say the expat community here in Pattaya is very "mature"

cheers

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

swissie, with all his sarcasm, has a good idea. There are many English teachers in the 20-30's age group in the Pattaya area. So, English teaching schools or agencies which provide teachers, and those which provide TEFL courses may be good places to frequent--the teachers are not all native English Speakers either. I do not live in Pattaya, but I am sure there are places where younger farangs hang-out. I'd wager the younger teachers would know.

Sounds legit - thanks for the advice :)

5 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

I am 31 and living here and yes like some other member said just look around a bit and maybe you can find some friends my age.

As for me I am not interested as you are not single... 

Not too forward looking either kk.

I used to date a Ukrainian girl in London who was bi.

She was lovely & told me that the best looking girls in her opinion were Estonian.

I'd fair wager that Nellaa is just very sociable & has some stunning mates.

Birds of a feather & all that.

Edited by SidJames

17 hours ago, Nellaa said:

I didn't expect replies like that :D Im in a relationship and looking for friends actually. Hoping to find people who live here.

Thanks SidJames, I'll check the places out!

try learning russian if you are looking for non-thai friends

Just a suggestion - go to the PILC (Pattaya International Ladies Club) website.  The women in the club range in age from 20's to 70's and could possibly provide you with ideas of events, places, etc where other young members meet up.  An extra benefit is that the ladies generally meet once a week for a "gab-fest" and they also sponsor lots of weekly events (tennis, golf, bicycle rides, etc).  Might be worth your time to check them out...........

On 11/30/2017 at 7:06 AM, Thai66 said:

Just a suggestion - go to the PILC (Pattaya International Ladies Club) website.  The women in the club range in age from 20's to 70's and could possibly provide you with ideas of events, places, etc where other young members meet up.  An extra benefit is that the ladies generally meet once a week for a "gab-fest" and they also sponsor lots of weekly events (tennis, golf, bicycle rides, etc).  Might be worth your time to check them out...........

Another good suggestion, thanks!

On 11/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Do u master any Chinese and or arab language?

Good advice, the Indians as well as Arabs seem keen to welcome females into their group activities.

Maybe the OP can join them as they seem quite friendly to foreign females.