Two American tourists fined 5000 Baht for 'butt selfie' at Thai temple

webfact

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Glad to see I was vindicated and the hysterical hand wringing of certain posters who feared the 2 juveniles were facing years in the slammer has been proved to be an over reaction, to put it mildly.

Still it's a pity they didn't get six months, maybe next time. 

They are not juveniles.

You can enjoy your unseemly GLOATING if you like.

Anyone that predicted the outcome could do that, but you win a prize for doing it OBNOXIOUSLY.

Nobody really knew what their fate was going to be beforehand though but people were free to PREDICT. I chose to make no predictions. 

Why anyone reasonable would think they really deserved ANY time in prison is still beyond me, but I did say reasonable.

JingThing.

The TVF “Voice of Reason”.

The week in prison was an opportunity for the pair to contemplate their immature behavior and to give time to the authorities to determine how to procede and also to allow closure to the Thai people who were reasonably jnsulted by these two foreigners disrespect towards their Holy Places.

Edited by ClutchClark

28 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

sad you can't understand that desecration carries a prison sentence in Thailand

It is sad that this law is being applied to two people photographing their butts with Wat Arun in the background. Time to scrap that law I would say. 

No-one should go to jail, anywhere in the world for something like this. Time for the religious nutters to grow a pair. 

16 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

It is sad that this law is being applied to two people photographing their butts with Wat Arun in the background. Time to scrap that law I would say. 

No-one should go to jail, anywhere in the world for something like this. Time for the religious nutters to grow a pair. 

Laws for public indecency are not limited to places of worship in the US.

its the act of public display of ones genitals which society deems offensive and really has nothing to do with religion. 

2 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Oh what Drama.

Well you know what it's like here Clutchie. Holding cell on the 4th floor. The married couple embracing on the balcony; looking forward to their release. When whoops-a-daisy!! Brown bread in a pool of blood on the pavement.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Well you know what it's like here Clutchie. Holding cell on the 4th floor. The married couple embracing on the balcony; looking forward to their release. When whoops-a-daisy!! Brown bread in a pool of blood on the pavement.

Well...I concede your point. 

LOS does have its share of unexplained "accidents".

Hopefully these two know to stay away from balconies.

3 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

The traveling_butts on Instagram appear to be continuing their journey. Mykonos of all places should be more tolerant. 

They were deported to Greece?    I heard they are still in detention. Travis refuses to leave his new friend's behind.